The Music (band)

Helephantelope

The Music's Facebook page posted a few cryptic new posts yesterday which has created a LOT of excitement in my house! One of the best bands I've ever seen live so will be over the moon if they're getting back together. 

Is anyone else a fan, and has anyone heard any rumblings about any new music? 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Pop quiz, who did The Music replace when they played the Pyramid in 2003?

Zwan

Would love it if they are getting back together. They took part in one of Tim Burgess's Twitter Listening Parties for the debut album the other week. Went over very well. 

Would be thrilled to have them back, didn't get around to watching them the first time. My mate ended up going to the last Brixton show and didn't tell me he had spare tickets until after the night, was absolutely gutted. Last I heard Rob Harvey was off being unproductive with Mike Skinner.

Whenever Rob gets asked on Insta he seems to dismiss it. He doesnt need the money because he's co-wrote quite big pop tunes over the past few years. He's also quite busy with The Streets, but I imagine that will go quiet towards the end of next year.

Would be made up if they reformed but I won't hold my breath.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, Helephantelope said:

The Music's Facebook page posted a few cryptic new posts yesterday which has created a LOT of excitement in my house! One of the best bands I've ever seen live so will be over the moon if they're getting back together. 

Is anyone else a fan, and has anyone heard any rumblings about any new music? 

Yes, big fan. Gutted when they split. If they are at Glasto 2021 it would make my year.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, Dark Star said:

Zwan

Would love it if they are getting back together. They took part in one of Tim Burgess's Twitter Listening Parties for the debut album the other week. Went over very well. 

I'd forgotten about Zwan.  Really enjoyed that album! :D

Me too. I saw them for the first time in a small tent at Glasto maybe 2002 (?) and was mesmerised by Rob's dancing (in a big polo cream knit sweater - must have been boiling!). Saw them every time they played London or Glasto after that. I went to Rob's first gig with Skinner at XOYO but it wasn't my scene. Guy who used to live opposite was a producer and I recommended them to him as I thought they weren't breaking through as they should. I loaned him the first album. He said the sound was sh*t so he couldn't really tell if they were any good, but he didn't think so 😄 

• 1 month later...

It's official - reunion gig at the end of May, supported by The Coral (and others) no less. One of those real gutting why am I on the other side of the earth occasions for me. 

If they were to show up on the farm, a sub slot on JP do we reckon? Not sure where else they could feature.

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2020 at 3:48 PM, sirjonnyp said:

It's official - reunion gig at the end of May, supported by The Coral (and others) no less. One of those real gutting why am I on the other side of the earth occasions for me. 

If they were to show up on the farm, a sub slot on JP do we reckon? Not sure where else they could feature.

Not sure they'd be that high up the bill. When Ride played the other year after reforming they only got a mid afternoon slot, I would have thought Ride were a bigger band.

Edited by Johnnyseven

Nice, one of the first bands I went to see, think it was a double headline tour with The Coral in 2000. 

Im well up for this, Leeds just down the road and that gig is on my birthday so seems like a perfect gig to venture out for. The Cribs, Music, Coral, Skinner Brothers - sounds good to me.

Edited by chatty