Helephantelope

The Music (band)

The Music's Facebook page posted a few cryptic new posts yesterday which has created a LOT of excitement in my house! One of the best bands I've ever seen live so will be over the moon if they're getting back together. 

Is anyone else a fan, and has anyone heard any rumblings about any new music? 

Pop quiz, who did The Music replace when they played the Pyramid in 2003?

I really enjoyed their second album and their debut single was one of the strongest I'd heard from a new act when it came out.  I'd be up for more of it.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Pop quiz, who did The Music replace when they played the Pyramid in 2003?

Zwan

Would love it if they are getting back together. They took part in one of Tim Burgess's Twitter Listening Parties for the debut album the other week. Went over very well. 

Would be thrilled to have them back, didn't get around to watching them the first time. My mate ended up going to the last Brixton show and didn't tell me he had spare tickets until after the night, was absolutely gutted. Last I heard Rob Harvey was off being unproductive with Mike Skinner.

Amazing band. Best running music ever. They're pretty timeless too. You could release that album now and it would fit right in.

Whenever Rob gets asked on Insta he seems to dismiss it. He doesnt need the money because he's co-wrote quite big pop tunes over the past few years. He's also quite busy with The Streets, but I imagine that will go quiet towards the end of next year.

Would be made up if they reformed but I won't hold my breath.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, Helephantelope said:

The Music's Facebook page posted a few cryptic new posts yesterday which has created a LOT of excitement in my house! One of the best bands I've ever seen live so will be over the moon if they're getting back together. 

Is anyone else a fan, and has anyone heard any rumblings about any new music? 

Yes, big fan. Gutted when they split. If they are at Glasto 2021 it would make my year.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, Dark Star said:

Zwan

Would love it if they are getting back together. They took part in one of Tim Burgess's Twitter Listening Parties for the debut album the other week. Went over very well. 

I'd forgotten about Zwan.  Really enjoyed that album! :D

Me too. I saw them for the first time in a small tent at Glasto maybe 2002 (?) and was mesmerised by Rob's dancing (in a big polo cream knit sweater - must have been boiling!). Saw them every time they played London or Glasto after that. I went to Rob's first gig with Skinner at XOYO but it wasn't my scene. Guy who used to live opposite was a producer and I recommended them to him as I thought they weren't breaking through as they should. I loaned him the first album. He said the sound was sh*t so he couldn't really tell if they were any good, but he didn't think so 😄