Kasabian//Tom Meighan

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I know what you mean. Courteeners music is great. Courteeners fans are total arseholes. Not all of their fans but there is a definite subtype like the ones who think it’s funny to throw glass bottles into the air during a gig. 

I like Courteeners as well, but I was appalled at Heaton park when a sizeable chunk started a Stephen Yaxley-Lennon chant. Cretins go to gigs is not a new phenomenon though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Sorry to hear about your friend! Addiction is an incredibly powerful thing!! It impacts in so many ways! The journey to change is difficult but is possible!! 
upvoting you for your reflection and in memory of your friend! 

Thanks. 

In the league table of shit years, 2020 is rooted at number 1 and ain't budging.  I came back from Afghanistan in 2009 and only realised some months later after waking up in fevered sweats and an anxious wife next to me that I had PTSD and needed help.

The help back then has given me the tools to get through the year without losing my mind and sinking into the booze bottle. I can relate to Tom and have almost been there. The edge of the cliff. My family pulled me back.

In a weird from beyond the grave irony, I found today out my pals cremation is on 22 July. My birthday.  The bastard 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

JayPee Ive run out of reactions!!! 
Take my hat off to you! Amazing strength and determination you have! 
yep I thought 2019 was bad I lost my best friend to Cancer!! 2020 seems to be getting worse with things happening!! But promised her I would keep on living every moment as though it’s the last as she did!! 
On your birthday thts tough! Did he always like to have the last word! Funny how they get you! If Rod Stewart plays Glastonbury it will be my friend looking down going told you!! I won’t know wether to laugh cry or bloody swear my head off! I’m not a fan!! And doesn’t she just know it!! 
in memory of those who are no longer with us! Friends are like stars even when you can’t see them they are always there! 💖🌟

I was at the hospital today when I found out about the funeral. With my mother. She needed a mammogram to get the coast clear to start chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma. Hopefully start next week at Salford Royal. Yes, one hell of a year..so much shit going on I've almost closed Covid19 out although I think it is more to do with the fact that the fuckin surreal and ridiculous is now so normalised we just all get on with it.

Mindfulness is getting me through this. The headspace app is fantastic. It's worth getting on board to clear the mind.

Regular exercise a bit of alcohol and a weekend smoke keeps things in check.

But deffo had to face the demon's to beat them.

I empathise with Tom and his partner and alll concerned as i have lived in that glass house.

5 hours ago, reflekting said:

I like Courteeners as well, but I was appalled at Heaton park when a sizeable chunk started a Stephen Yaxley-Lennon chant. Cretins go to gigs is not a new phenomenon though. 

The thing I love about a good gig or festival headline set is the feeling of togetherness - you convince yourself you’re in a field or stadium full of likeminded people but the reality is, a portion of them are cretins! 

The replies to Kasabian’s tweet yesterday made me think about this. 

When it comes to big gigs at least, do you think a lot can just depend on where you stand? This was from one of the king power gigs. It was just off the left hand side, but everyone was completely nice and normal no trouble at all, no chucking piss etc. Across into the centre it was far more rowdy. I’m not saying people shouldn’t place themselves there, but I guess it’s a bit like camping at a festival, you can be unlucky or unlucky about the type of people you end up near.

0931D6B0-18FB-4482-B505-2EA6B90E51F5.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

When it comes to big gigs at least, do you think a lot can just depend on where you stand? This was from one of the king power gigs. It was just off the left hand side, but everyone was completely nice and normal no trouble at all, no chucking piss etc. Across into the centre it was far more rowdy. I’m not saying people shouldn’t place themselves there, but I guess it’s a bit like camping at a festival, you can be unlucky or unlucky about the type of people you end up near.

0931D6B0-18FB-4482-B505-2EA6B90E51F5.jpeg

I always stand to either the left or right rather than in the centre, and I've never had any trouble at a gig or festival. Maybe you're onto something?

14 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I always stand to either the left or right rather than in the centre, and I've never had any trouble at a gig or festival. Maybe you're onto something?

I normally do too. You can usually get closer easier, and far easier to get out and get a drink and got to the loo as well.

Generally speaking the real die hard fans of any particular band will push through to the front central part. I remember at the Streets at Glastonbury last year people were literally shoving people over to get through the crowd and get to the front, and they seemed more like their die hard type of fan. I know these are massive generalisations but I think there is some truth in it. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I normally do too. You can usually get closer easier, and far easier to get out and get a drink and got to the loo as well.

Generally speaking the real die hard fans of any particular band will push through to the front central part. I remember at the Streets at Glastonbury last year people were literally shoving people over to get through the crowd and get to the front, and they seemed more like their die hard type of fan. I know these are massive generalisations but I think there is some truth in it. 

I rekon you're spot on. Tbf, I'd love to be front centre, but i wouldn't stand a chance 😂😂 

I like it to the side tho, like you say you can get closer which is great for me cos it means I might have a chance of being able to see the stage! And you get a little bit more space to dance you aren't all packed in like sardines. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I usually end up with someone sat on my shoulders. Don’t be afraid to ask someone for a lift up! 

As long as it’s not me ... there’s a reason I wear a pyramid hat !! To prevent back injuries caused by such instances 😭

8 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Oh am far too shy for that, I'd never dare🥺 

I'm only 5'2, its a nightmare.  Last year a lovely man I'd got talking to in the crowd offered to put me on his shoulders during the Chemical Brothers set for my favourite song.  Made my festival 🙂

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I'm only 5'2, its a nightmare.  Last year a lovely man I'd got talking to in the crowd offered to put me on his shoulders during the Chemical Brothers set for my favourite song.  Made my festival 🙂

Years ago, I did that for a girl at Pearl Jam at Leeds... I couldn't get her back down!

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I always feel guilty when I’m stood in front of someone who can’t see. I normally try get just in front of the surge barrier so I don’t have that problem. If you see me and you can’t see just ask and hop on my shoulders. 

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I always feel guilty when I’m stood in front of someone who can’t see. I normally try get just in front of the surge barrier so I don’t have that problem. If you see me and you can’t see just ask and hop on my shoulders. 

Might hold you to that!

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

On meeting you at Boomtown, I don't remember you being tall? But then again I am 6ft 4!

I always try to get to the back centre of the pit...

FB_IMG_1593265554284.jpg

Yeah I'm probably not as tall as I think I am, and I'm definitely not as tall as you! 😊 i might get tape measure out after.