Kasabian//Tom Meighan

RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Decent statement.

I felt people judging them on their statement yesterday was unfair. They couldn't potentially compromise the court case. 

Exactly. This is a point I made that was lost in the row earlier - do people really think that any statement hadn’t been ran past their legal and PR people?

They would have been severely hamstrung yesterday in terms of what they could and couldn’t say.

Were they obliged to make a statement yesterday or do people think they just wanted to get ahead of it?

Either way, can’t argue with this statement and their decision, and good luck to them, but can’t see how they can go on without him. I mean, he wasn’t exactly a massive talent in himself, but losing a frontman is a right fucker and a lot of bands never recover from that. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Were they obliged to make a statement yesterday or do people think they just wanted to get ahead of it?

Either way, can’t argue with this statement and their decision, and good luck to them, but can’t see how they can go on without him. I mean, he wasn’t exactly a massive talent in himself, but losing a frontman is a right fucker and a lot of bands never recover from that. 

I think they expected to say that and Tom would continue and be more explicit, like the band was allowing Tom to tell the fans, but he didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

That's the end tho innit, like there's no Kasabian without him. 

I get it, and its the right thing to do, but it is sad as a fan who has enjoyed seeing them so many times.

Ah well, lots of love to you all lets not argue anymore x

They also said there was no Nirvana after the death of Kurt Cobain then along came Foo Fighters. 

The band itself may not exist but the other members can continue and still produce good music under another name. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Fair point, but I feel if they didnt throw him out yesterday, the comments would be "Why didnt you throw him out when you found out?" 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seeing as he was just like a dude in a pub shouting, I don't think they'll miss much. I'd be a better front man. Take this as my interview.

• Upvote 1

It’s a pretty good statement from them and were probably not able to release anything beforehand! 
theres a lot of implications of information sharing during Domestic Abuse Court proceedings as it can impact on family members.

Gives a clear message Domestic Abuse is not acceptable! 

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They also said there was no Nirvana after the death of Kurt Cobain then along came Foo Fighters. 

The band itself may not exist but the other members can continue and still produce good music under another name. 

But that doesn't make them the same band though does it? One member (2 if you count Pat Smear) went on to be successful with a completely different band. That doesn't do much for Nirvana fans, Foos don't drop Nirvana songs into their set.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

But that doesn't make them the same band though does it? One member (2 if you count Pat Smear) went on to be successful with a completely different band. That doesn't do much for Nirvana fans, Foos don't drop Nirvana songs into their set.

I agree, whereas a revised Kasabian with a different name would drop Shoot The Runner, Serge fronted songs and maybe Fire. 

Great statement from them, it brings a lot of context as to why yesterday was so vague which is understandable - I think they could continue with Serge as lead, as was said in the statement they've been working at this for almost a quarter of a century and wouldn't want the name and music tarnished by the despicable actions of their former singer 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I agree, whereas a revised Kasabian with a different name would drop Shoot The Runner, Serge fronted songs and maybe Fire. 

If they're doing that, they may as well keep the name. They won't be as big but would do better than going out as Serte And The Lads. May well he doing arenas, then academies but doubt they'd ever headline big festivals again.

See, I disagree. I don't think it was handled well in the slightest. Why couldn't they have just come out with this statement today? Instead of garnering thoughts and well wishes for him yesterday. No need of it. They could have just come out with a statement today. Or said that he left the band sooner, not the day before court.

Also the Tweet he posted on his own account sums him up for the person he is, thanking fans and saying he's doing well and in a good place. What a prick.