Mad Cool Festival 2021

qz3

On 2/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, Cactusgirl said:

So we booked Ryanair flights from Manchester arriving Tues dept on the Mon.

Got an email from Ryanair the other day saying they had been rescheduled to arrive Thurs and depart Sun?!

Gave the option to cancel and 

1) would have meant missed Weds and part of Thurs and ruined Sat

2) looking more and more likely won't go ahead

We cancelled. 

Hopefully see you all in 2022 😭

I was booked on the exact same flights and hadn't even realised they had changed the days, I just thought it was the times. So glad I read this as they changed mine Thursday to Thursday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

They've clearly given up, haven't they?

Are there any Spanish festivals that appear to be definitely going ahead? I'm waiting for Monegros Festival to postpone again but there's been absolutely no communication from them since January 13th and that was only an Instagram post to say that there was snow in the desert. I get the impression that they're all just waiting for the Spanish authorities to enable them to postpone once again with minimal costs incurred.

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Are there any Spanish festivals that appear to be definitely going ahead? I'm waiting for Monegros Festival to postpone again but there's been absolutely no communication from them since January 13th and that was only an Instagram post to say that there was snow in the desert. I get the impression that they're all just waiting for the Spanish authorities to enable them to postpone once again with minimal costs incurred.

Maybe Dcode in September?

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Good shout. I'd suggest that September onwards is the continent's best hope in the majority of cases. Sadly looking a bit grim in certain European countries again, isn't it?

We're all here because we hope to be at a festival as soon as possible.

A lot of things have been confirmed to take place in the second half of August or in September.

Realistically, they're all still uncertain, but things are evolving fast and a lot of things could happen in 5 months.

Edited by gigi21

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Good shout. I'd suggest that September onwards is the continent's best hope in the majority of cases. Sadly looking a bit grim in certain European countries again, isn't it?

Well technically, Spain is not doing any worse than the UK.

Same level of caseloads at the moment.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Well technically, Spain is not doing any worse than the UK.

Same level of caseloads at the moment.

Really? That's encouraging. It's a very confusing situation and difficult to know what to believe in the mainstream media. I assume that you live in Spain? How's the rollout and uptake of the vaccine going?

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Really? That's encouraging. It's a very confusing situation and difficult to know what to believe in the mainstream media. I assume that you live in Spain? How's the rollout and uptake of the vaccine going?

It is encouraging as you'd think they'd be doing worse, given they are not in lockdown like the UK. 

The rollout was going ok without too much resistance among the population and slighty faster rollout than other EU countries.

But seriously low supplies have been a problem. And although there's more supply coming, it's still too little to catch up.

1 hour ago, davidoffescassi said:

Tomavistas, a small festival in Madrid (27-29 may) is oficially postponed. Mad Cool is not going to happen. 

I don't think there's been a possibility of a July festival - the only thing people are holding out hope for is a move to September. Festivals in the UK have pretty much all moved to end August/September, and are looking pretty confident.

It's not looking as good for Mad Cool as festivals seem to be cancelling rather than rescheduling, but that may change. Europe may be behind the UK in vaccinations now, but they are expecting huge amounts in the next few months - only yesterday there was talk of herd immunity across Europe by mid July.

July I'd put at 0%, September, maybe 10-20% - but I bet they'll hang on to the possibility as long as possible.

Just now, bluenova said:

I don't think there's been a possibility of a July festival - the only thing people are holding out hope for is a move to September. Festivals in the UK have pretty much all moved to end August/September, and are looking pretty confident.

It's not looking as good for Mad Cool as festivals seem to be cancelling rather than rescheduling, but that may change. Europe may be behind the UK in vaccinations now, but they are expecting huge amounts in the next few months - only yesterday there was talk of herd immunity across Europe by mid July.

July I'd put at 0%, September, maybe 10-20% - but I bet they'll hang on to the possibility as long as possible.

Absolutely MadCool could happen for a festival willing/able to postpone to September and willing to take a risk.

I doubt though that MadCool is that festival.

10% about right.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Absolutely MadCool could happen for a festival willing/able to postpone to September and willing to take a risk.

I doubt though that MadCool is that festival.

10% about right.

Problem is that with so many festivals being put back to September, etc., there would likely be a lot of ‘clashes’, which they’d surely have to offer refunds for as they’ve changed the dates, if it comes to that? I already know I will struggle with September 😬

Just now, missnutmeg said:

Problem is that with so many festivals being put back to September, etc., there would likely be a lot of ‘clashes’, which they’d surely have to offer refunds for as they’ve changed the dates, if it comes to that? I already know I will struggle with September 😬

There are no major festivals expected in Spain in September.

So they would have the opposite problem if anything. They would have way too much demand and not a way of capturing it in the form of higher ticket revenue.

8 hours ago, bluenova said:

Spanish situation is terrible. 

The management of the pandemic has been terrible, and we have an incompetent government that only thinks about tourism, and leaves culture and art on the second side.

Music festivals are considered nightlife, so I don't think anything will move, or celebrate anything later.

In the UK they have much more respect for their music and their artists.

14 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Spanish situation is terrible. 

The management of the pandemic has been terrible, and we have an incompetent government that only thinks about tourism, and leaves culture and art on the second side.

Music festivals are considered nightlife, so I don't think anything will move, or celebrate anything later.

In the UK they have much more respect for their music and their artists.

If the UK had respect for artists they wouldn't have ruined their chances to tour.

https://www.politico.eu/article/michel-barnier-brexit-touring-artists-work-permit-visa-free-travel/

Maybe the Spanish government is terrible but the UK is not one iota better.

• Upvote 3