Mad Cool Festival 2021

qz3

22 hours ago, qz3 said:

These comments  "no mad cool anymore", "worst festival" etc are based on Belgium guy "inside info". He comes to this thread only for hate comments. No one knows who this guy is, but starting to repeat his words. 
So, no Mad Cool in 2021, I think this obviously. If festivals back next year, i think Mad Cool will be back also.

The thing is, he has a great track record of getting things right. 

I haven't seen what he's said about the future of Mad Cool, but I really hope it's back next year too. 

On 5/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, qz3 said:

These comments  "no mad cool anymore", "worst festival" etc are based on Belgium guy "inside info". He comes to this thread only for hate comments. No one knows who this guy is, but starting to repeat his words. 
So, no Mad Cool in 2021, I think this obviously. If festivals back next year, i think Mad Cool will be back also.

Mad Cool is potentially a great festival. Interesting city, international feeling... but they frustrate a lot of the people who they work with: colleagues, agents, bands... 

They did a lot of crazy things the last years. And lost of their credibility. And that’s a shame. Again, how they handle things with bands and partners now is not the way to go. That is why I have a pessimistic feeling about the future of this festival. 

Everytime I mention the festival I hear a lot of complaining. And that’s a shame. I have the feeling they have a lot of potential but are ruining it. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Mad Cool is potentially a great festival. Interesting city, international feeling... but they frustrate a lot of the people who they work with: colleagues, agents, bands... 

They did a lot of crazy things the last years. And lost of their credibility. And that’s a shame. Again, how they handle things with bands and partners now is not the way to go. That is why I have a pessimistic feeling about the future of this festival. 

Everytime I mention the festival I hear a lot of complaining. And that’s a shame. I have the feeling they have a lot of potential but are ruining it. 

Not to mention their handling of the tragedy just before Green Day in 2017...which I witnessed 

• Upvote 1

Mad Cool just reminds me a lot of Oxegen Festival. Huge Bookings until 2011, possibly the biggest bill I have ever seen. Then things got weird, lots of radio silence, a "hiatus", a poorly communicated "return"  in 2013 which turned out to be a EDM-only show under the oxegen name and then another cancellation for 2014 with the weak excuse of "no suitable headliners". 

And then it just vanished. A promoter thats somewhat sketchy in their communication and throws money around makes me hesitate.  

Edited by Quadrophobia

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Mad Cool just reminds me a lot of Oxegen Festival. Huge Bookings until 2011, possibly the biggest bill I have ever seen. Then things got weird, lots of radio silence, a "hiatus", a poorly communicated "return" which turned out to be a EDM-only show under the oxegen name and then another cancellation with the weak excuse of "nu suitable headliners". 

And then it just vanished

Haha, excatly! I was at Oxegen in 2011. The most insane lineup if you think about how much money those artists made. Beyoncé playing before Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys before Foo Fighters etc. But from my experience it was a really garbage festival. Pretty bad sound, generic looking festival area and more party people than music lovers there.

At least we can crack on and do the admin on trying to move flights/hotels etc to next year and book leave.

Plus, we can be optimistic about next year and have meaningful descussions about artists etc that may actually end up playing. I wonder how much of the lineup will be rolled over.

On 5/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, 5thtimer said:

Everything is on track. US bands are allowed to travel. Look at Taylor Swift who turned up at the Brits.

Cases will become more and more irrelevant until deaths rise. Until then everything is looking good, and we're still 2 months away. 

This didn't age well.

Was completely deluded and not great to call people out as 'dicks' for the crime of being realistic...

40 minutes ago, Dales said:

At least we can crack on and do the admin on trying to move flights/hotels etc to next year and book leave.

Plus, we can be optimistic about next year and have meaningful descussions about artists etc that may actually end up playing. I wonder how much of the lineup will be rolled over.

It would be good for them to confirm the location too, and even better to let us know vaguely where the night buses will go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

It would be good for them to confirm the location too, and even better to let us know vaguely where the night buses will go.

That would be very useful as we booked a hotel to be near the festival. Not much use for seeing Madrid but would have been nice at the end of the night not to have to travel to far.

It does make booking accomodation hard not knowing where its going to be and what transport is going to be like. Unfortunatly, I can't see them announcing the venue anytime soon but would be nice. 

38 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Lineup before 7 July sounds ambitious. Hope it‘s not going to be another unkept promise by them.

All Spanish festivals promise to do so - announce lineup before their original date.
Seems it's somehow connected with local law about refunds.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

All Spanish festivals promise to do so - announce lineup before their original date.
Seems it's somehow connected with local law about refunds.

Not just Spanish festivals. Hurricane and Southside Festivals in Germany have announced the majority of their 2022 line up back in April. In normal years this wouldn't be possible, because bands and agents would not announce tours that early, but with the majority of acts rescheduling from the last years it doesn't really matter anymore. 

4 minutes ago, mashinko said:

Are you blind or just lazy? Both threads, Mad Cool and Nos Alive are created today.

Are you an idiot or lazy or just both? It’s ‘both threads, Mad Cool and Nos Alive *were* created today.’ 

Some people these days, can’t even be a prick without correct grammar. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5