Mad Cool Festival 2021

qz3

31 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Mental, I've tickets for MC 2021 but have absolutely nothing booked in regards to flights or hotel. Sure I'm not the only one, pretty shambolic and very last minute management. I imagine it'll be delayed again but frustrating they're leaving it so late.

Exactly the same, 5 of us with tickets and we haven't booked a single thing in relation to it. In my head its been cancelled for months but I'd love to see this actually happen for peace of mind. 

7 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Exactly the same, 5 of us with tickets and we haven't booked a single thing in relation to it. In my head its been cancelled for months but I'd love to see this actually happen for peace of mind. 

Snap, specially after some of the posts in this thread about how bad of a position Spain are in at the moment.

57 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Am I still right in thinking you can't travel out of the UK until mid July and there's a 5K travel fine? Not sure if that's still in place or it's changed.

That's not the case any more but it's kind of irrelevant as MC this year is as dead as the proverbial dodo.

3 hours ago, lukecork said:

Snap, specially after some of the posts in this thread about how bad of a position Spain are in at the moment.

Spain are not in a bad position.

Far far more open than the UK e.g. I went to a gig last week in Barcelona with no social distancing.

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

True though they were all tested beforehand.

And these gigs are happening here every night. Plus all indoor restaurants, bars, concert venues are open...

And so they should be. And so should Spain be based on your numbers at the minute 

1 hour ago, Shieki Kiki said:

Is it just me that is getting extremely frustrated that Mad Cool continue to post content like everything is normal?

I did get very frustrated last year but to a certain extent could understand that they were in an new odd situation and it would have been hard to predict what might or may not happen. Maybe up to the point  it got canclled they might have thought things would blow over. But a year on when they know the score, you would expect them to handle this year's commmunication better.

It seems the way they and some others festivals operate is to act as normal until they have to cancel it. Sort of wish I never rolled over to this year as have the whole flight/hotel admin to try and roll over again as paid upfront. Already paid to change flights from last year to this.

It would be good for them to at least acknowledge that it might not happen rather then just ignore the elephant in the room.  It does come across a little poor not to engage with ticket holders even if we do not like what they might have to say.

At the moment, I would be happy with a one liner that it might not happen this year but we plan to hold an event next year on such and such dates at such and such place. We could at least book time off work next year should it be another roll over.

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

I did get very frustrated last year but to a certain extent could understand that they were in an new odd situation and it would have been hard to predict what might or may not happen. Maybe up to the point  it got canclled they might have thought things would blow over. But a year on when they know the score, you would expect them to handle this year's commmunication better.

It seems the way they and some others festivals operate is to act as normal until they have to cancel it. Sort of wish I never rolled over to this year as have the whole flight/hotel admin to try and roll over again as paid upfront. Already paid to change flights from last year to this.

It would be good for them to at least acknowledge that it might not happen rather then just ignore the elephant in the room.  It does come across a little poor not to engage with ticket holders even if we do not like what they might have to say.

At the moment, I would be happy with a one liner that it might not happen this year but we plan to hold an event next year on such and such dates at such and such place. We could at least book time off work next year should it be another roll over.

Completely agree, we all empathise with them. It must be a nightmare trying to re-organise the festival through this ever changing landscape. But I think think it’s disrespectful to ticket holders to completely ignore that fact that people are concerned. As you say, a courteous message every now and then to acknowledge they are working on things would go a long way. 

I’m gobsmacked that they must feel this is an appropriate way to communicate with their customers. It’s 8 weeks away, and like many, I’m unsure whether to book flights and accommodation or not. 

5 minutes ago, Shieki Kiki said:

Completely agree, we all empathise with them. It must be a nightmare trying to re-organise the festival through this ever changing landscape. But I think think it’s disrespectful to ticket holders to completely ignore that fact that people are concerned. As you say, a courteous message every now and then to acknowledge they are working on things would go a long way. 

I’m gobsmacked that they must feel this is an appropriate way to communicate with their customers. It’s 8 weeks away, and like many, I’m unsure whether to book flights and accommodation or not. 

No need to be unsure.

There's no chance of it going ahead, no chance. Festivals this size won't go ahead in Europe in September, let alone in July...

They're simply waiting for an official govt announcement that will trigger an insurance policy or similar.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

No need to be unsure.

There's no chance of it going ahead, no chance. Festivals this size won't go ahead in Europe in September, let alone in July...

They're simply waiting for an official govt announcement that will trigger an insurance policy or similar.

What about Pukkelpop?

So much negativity. Flights from UK to Spain should be back on by 28th June with Spain being on the green list. I'm honestly optimistic Mad Cool is going ahead this year. Only last week Deftones tweeted about playing Mad Cool. 2DCC have a couple of planned indoor gigs in Spain within a few days. 

I don't think it will be at full capacity, they had already decreased ticket numbers from 2019 and of course there were many tickets refunded from last year. They already closed extra sales of Wednesday when they rescheduled last year. 

As for making an announcement "that it might not go ahead" as requested above. That's just bad business practice. The show must go on and all that jazz. 

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ClairW said:

So much negativity. Flights from UK to Spain should be back on by 28th June with Spain being on the green list. I'm honestly optimistic Mad Cool is going ahead this year. Only last week Deftones tweeted about playing Mad Cool. 2DCC have a couple of planned indoor gigs in Spain within a few days. 

I don't think it will be at full capacity, they had already decreased ticket numbers from 2019 and of course there were many tickets refunded from last year. They already closed extra sales of Wednesday when they rescheduled last year. 

As for making an announcement "that it might not go ahead" as requested above. That's just bad business practice. The show must go on and all that jazz. 

I kinda respect your optimism but you're absolutely crazy to think it will go ahead!

6 hours ago, ClairW said:

No chance

6 hours ago, ClairW said:

🤨