Mad Cool Festival 2021

qz3

On 3/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, xxialac said:

If the UK had respect for artists they wouldn't have ruined their chances to tour.

https://www.politico.eu/article/michel-barnier-brexit-touring-artists-work-permit-visa-free-travel/

Maybe the Spanish government is terrible but the UK is not one iota better.

I was going going to say. Spain is in a better place in this pandemic than we are and Boris literally took 10 months to actually do something that would seriously help crunch numbers. France and Italy, they are not doing well.

35 minutes ago, Dales said:

It looks like Spain has had an out door test event in Barcelona for 5,000 fans. It will be interesting to see what the results are from it in the coming weeks. I still think Madcool is to soon in the season to actually happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56556451

Isn’t this event part of a three-year study I thought I read somewhere? If so, there may not be any definitive results any time soon 🤔

I think the biggest problems are going to be whether we’re allowed to actually travel to Spain in early July for this, coupled with the spikes in cases around Europe that are happening at the minute. Like you, I’m inclined to agree that MC is looking less and less likely (for us at any road) this year... 😩

Edited by missnutmeg

14 hours ago, missnutmeg said:

I think the biggest problems are going to be whether we’re allowed to actually travel to Spain in early July for this, coupled with the spikes in cases around Europe that are happening at the minute. Like you, I’m inclined to agree that MC is looking less and less likely (for us at any road) this year... 😩

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

No large Spanish festivals in July for anyone absolutely guaranteed (and that test event had totally different conditions to Mad Cool).

I think you are both right. I should concentrate on festivals at home.

• Upvote 1

BST Hyde Park London was today postponed till 2022 - this was due to be the same weekend as Mad Cool.

The MC organisers need to pull their finger out and get this event postponed instead of some daft idea that it magically might still go ahead. 

Spain might have locked down better than the UK but they still haven’t  given vaccines to half of their over 80’s - and Madrid infections are back up to dangerous levels again - so any idea that might be in a position to welcome thousands of international tourists and hundreds of international band members and road crew is pure fantasy. 

Get it postponed like every proper festival is doing and tell the punters what will happen to our tickets. 

It's a shame as in normal times I think it would've been worth a punt on flying to Madrid, but right now, it's getting to the point where July is looking premature for this kind of thing to go ahead. But we are where we are, alas.

Can't imagine it'll be long before there's developments on this one way or another.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, berger55 said:

It looks that they will announce new headliners today and tomorrow. Not really the news we are waiting for.

MC21%2025N%20WEB.jpg

Thursday and Friday are the days that those headliners will be scheduled to play, not what days they'll be announced. 'For' rather than 'announced on'.

But anyway, it's surely not going to be feasible without so many of the acts, even if it's allowed to go ahead.

I do wish they would hurry up and put us out of our misery and give an indication of dates for next year. I had booked a week in Madrid, paid for the hotel in advance before everything kicked off (They moved the booking out to this year, which was good of them. Hopefully they will do this again)

If it's put back to the same dates next year it clashes with other events I have tickets for. I found out today Gun's n Roses is now moved to 2nd July and so another clash if i fly out on that saturday. Juggling holidays, flights and gigs/festivals is becoming a real pain. So much is starting to clash that I think I just need to stop booking stuff as it just becomes a nightmare later on. When you find yourself at the bottom of a hole stop digging. I am just making it worse by buying more tickets for this year ☹️

Last year I did get refunds on a lot of gigs thinking it would be a nightmare with clashes when they got re-arranged, well its still a problem with the tickets I rolled over.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I've just seen Two Door Cinema Club are playing 2 shows in Madrid around the time of Mad Cool. They've stressed these shows have to be socially distanced. Surely a matter of time until Mad Cool admits its not possible to go ahead. 

Just came to post the same thing. 

Just now, lukecork said:

Am I still right in thinking you can't travel out of the UK until mid July and there's a 5K travel fine? Not sure if that's still in place or it's changed.

Still in place, wil change before mid July.

Just now, thetime said:

Still in place, wil change before mid July.

Mental, I've tickets for MC 2021 but have absolutely nothing booked in regards to flights or hotel. Sure I'm not the only one, pretty shambolic and very last minute management. I imagine it'll be delayed again but frustrating they're leaving it so late.