Mad Cool Festival 2021

qz3

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

"How to piss off your customers", an expert guide by Mad Cool Festival...

It is not even "being newbie" at this point, with regards to the management or the external social media managers hired or whatever, they are just trolling heavily.

Who the hell, after months of silence from the whole festival circuit, would tease the release of a underground-undercard-discovery channel with THREE DAYS advance with no hints with half the lineup TBA and not a single breath for months?

Huge lmao 

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

what? i thought the line up is almost 100% completed at this point. 

Doubt... Deftones headliner in 2021? The latest album is crazy, but still I found it hard to believe that the lineup is done - but yeah, maybe saying that Half the lineup is TBA is an overstatement 

1 minute ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Doubt... Deftones headliner in 2021? The latest album is crazy, but still I found it hard to believe that the lineup is done - but yeah, maybe saying that Half the lineup is TBA is an overstatement 

According to their press release from November, we know exactly how many names are missing:

"We will soon announce the remaining 2 headliners for Thursday & Friday as well as 5 more bands plus the 6 winners of the Mad Cool Talent competition. 13 names in total that will finalize the line-up for this long-awaited edition".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Oh yes, if doing concerts/festivals will be possible in September, I expect dozens of festivals clashing each other 😅

Given that we know that some festivals have already moved, and that a few more have probably moved (e.g. I think someone mentioned that the hotels are booked out near Primavera in September), then I'd imagine the whole season has already been fleshed out behind the scenes.

Almost certain that festivals are moving, but they're waiting till closer so that it's clearer whether they have to move or cancel till 2022.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Unfortunately the EU simply hasn't got and won't be able to get enough vaccine supplies to reopen these kinds of events in early Summer (on the basis of sufficient vaccination) and even September looks a difficult target. 

A little positive spin: All the talk is of the UK having lots of vaccines (and potentially getting every adult a first shot before July), while the EU has very few.

Well, Astra Zeneca originally were due to give the UK 30m doses in December. That was downgraded to 4m. In the end they delivered the first 2m in January. 

Now that might sound like a big delay, but it also puts into perspective the delays the EU is having. Astra Zeneca said they're due to building up capacity, which is what caused the delays in the UK. If it's possible to go from being well behind schedule, to delivering tens of millions of vaccines a month, then that's what's going to be happening with the other manufacturers too, as more pressure/support comes from countries ready to vaccinate.

I still think we will know by April
1) whether the vaccine has worked (with data from the UK and others). Most of the vulnerable people - up to 30m - will have been vaccinated, and the initial response will have kicked in.

2) whether the new variants have screwed this up.

3) whether the rest of Europe is vaccinating fast enough. If things go to plan, the production will have ramped up to the levels the UK is now seeing, and millions per day will be being vaccinated.

I'm still pessimistic overall, but if I was running a festival, I'd say that's when decisions need to be made.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bluenova said:

A little positive spin: All the talk is of the UK having lots of vaccines (and potentially getting every adult a first shot before July), while the EU has very few.

Well, Astra Zeneca originally were due to give the UK 30m doses in December. That was downgraded to 4m. In the end they delivered the first 2m in January. 

Now that might sound like a big delay, but it also puts into perspective the delays the EU is having. Astra Zeneca said they're due to building up capacity, which is what caused the delays in the UK. If it's possible to go from being well behind schedule, to delivering tens of millions of vaccines a month, then that's what's going to be happening with the other manufacturers too, as more pressure/support comes from countries ready to vaccinate.

I still think we will know by April
1) whether the vaccine has worked (with data from the UK and others). Most of the vulnerable people - up to 30m - will have been vaccinated, and the initial response will have kicked in.

2) whether the new variants have screwed this up.

3) whether the rest of Europe is vaccinating fast enough. If things go to plan, the production will have ramped up to the levels the UK is now seeing, and millions per day will be being vaccinated.

I'm still pessimistic overall, but if I was running a festival, I'd say that's when decisions need to be made.

This is great commentary.

Nonetheless the noises coming from the health ministers within EU countries is that they've already been told that there will be very limited supply until after April. Whilst it can then speed up dramatically thereafter, that's still a couple of 'wasted months' where there's no chance of vaccinating fast enough to catch the UK up.

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is great commentary.

Nonetheless the noises coming from the health ministers within EU countries is that they've already been told that there will be very limited supply until after April. Whilst it can then speed up dramatically thereafter, that's still a couple of 'wasted months' where there's no chance of vaccinating fast enough to catch the UK up.

Maybe, but just yesterday they were told they'd now get 40m AstraZenaca doses by March. Pfizer has also said it will deliver an EXTRA 75m doses in April-June. That's on top of the ones already being delivered - so they may have a few hundred million by June, and that may not even include the ones individual countries have ordered- and of course the EU is also receiving Moderna vaccines, plus there are other vaccines being approved shortly.

With time to prepare the vaccination programme, they could be hitting huge amounts of people even before the summer starts.

Edited by bluenova

11 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Maybe, but just yesterday they were told they'd now get 40m AstraZenaca doses by March. Pfizer has also said it will deliver an EXTRA 75m doses in April-June. That's on top of the ones already being delivered - so they may have a few hundred million by June, and that may not even include the ones individual countries have ordered- and of course the EU is also receiving Moderna vaccines, plus there are other vaccines being approved shortly.

With time to prepare the vaccination programme, they could be hitting huge amounts of people even before the summer starts.

True though when you have a 447m population and only 20m people can be covered by new AZ doses you have a problem.

Oh yes, from April it accelerates massively - it's just that it's going to be painfully slow until then

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

True though when you have a 447m population and only 20m people can be covered by new AZ doses you have a problem.

Oh yes, from April it accelerates massively - it's just that it's going to be painfully slow until then

Sure, but that's maybe 350m adults, and then maybe 200m in vulnerable groups (over 50, or with health problems), so just one vaccine, that's been heavily delayed will still hit 10% of the vulnerable adults by the end of March. If the UK is going to vaccinate all vulnerable groups by mid/late March, the EU could hit that target by mid May.

Still tough to get it down but given how many young people have already had it, or who aren't really affected by it, the bastard virus might start struggling to spread not long after 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Sure, but that's maybe 350m adults, and then maybe 200m in vulnerable groups (over 50, or with health problems), so just one vaccine, that's been heavily delayed will still hit 10% of the vulnerable adults by the end of March. If the UK is going to vaccinate all vulnerable groups by mid/late March, the EU could hit that target by mid May.

Still tough to get it down but given how many young people have already had it, or who aren't really affected by it, the bastard virus might start struggling to spread not long after 🙂

Yeah, absolutely - all of that.