Mad Cool Festival 2021

qz3

4 hours ago, misterplow said:

That would be a shame. I mean, the likes of KOL/RHCP/Killers are fun and all, but these acts are touring Europe every 3 years. The Strokes are much more special. Bummer for this festival. 

The strokes are quite a difficult band to see live in comparison to KOL and the killers who regularly tour. I seen them at Lollapalooza Paris a couple of years ago but drank that much I have no memory of it. So it would be good to see them again but it's not likely to happen at Mad Cool

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So we don't have a clue where the festival is actually going to be held?

Is that right?

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/faqs.php

Will Mad Cool 2021 be at the Mad Cool Space?

As you may know, we have been working with local authorities to create a new space within the city of Madrid in order to improve your experience at the festival. We will continue working so we can make it happen as soon as possible, but, as of right now, the next edition will happen at the current Mad Cool venue. If anything changes, we will let you know.

2 minutes ago, clasher said:

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/faqs.php

Will Mad Cool 2021 be at the Mad Cool Space?

As you may know, we have been working with local authorities to create a new space within the city of Madrid in order to improve your experience at the festival. We will continue working so we can make it happen as soon as possible, but, as of right now, the next edition will happen at the current Mad Cool venue. If anything changes, we will let you know.

Very helpful, thanks! Does seem a bit weird not to have this contract in place already.

Summer licenses are surely agreed in the previous year. 

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very helpful, thanks! Does seem a bit weird not to have this contract in place already.

Summer licenses are surely agreed in the previous year. 

2020 was supposed to be the last edition to take place on the current grounds because the city has different plans with that area. Those plans were likely put on hold due to the pandemic. The festival was searching for other options before covid and I imagine that got delayed for the same reason. I guess they got some sort of an agreement with the city for the current venue, but they kept their options open as no one knows anything for certain at the moment. 

That's obviously just my speculation based on info gathered from following this topic for the last couple of years. But in any case I sincerely hope the venue stays the same. Not because it is perfect, but because I'm afraid of them handling the change as good as they have the last one.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, clasher said:

2020 was supposed to be the last edition to take place on the current grounds because the city has different plans with that area. Those plans were likely put on hold due to the pandemic. The festival was searching for other options before covid and I imagine that got delayed for the same reason. I guess they got some sort of an agreement with the city for the current venue, but they kept their options open as no one knows anything for certain at the moment. 

That's obviously just my speculation based on info gathered from following this topic for the last couple of years. But in any case I sincerely hope the venue stays the same. Not because it is perfect, but because I'm afraid of them handling the change as good as they have the last one.

Great intel, thanks.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how much of this Mad Cool knew when they were posting their Billie Eilish clues this week? Wouldn't be surprised if they knew about this and decided to try and trick people into buying tickets early.

No matter how good the lineup is i'll never return. No consideration is given to its paying customers or its artists it seems - the complete opposite ethos of what festivals should be about

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I wonder how much of this Mad Cool knew when they were posting their Billie Eilish clues this week? Wouldn't be surprised if they knew about this and decided to try and trick people into buying tickets early.

No matter how good the lineup is i'll never return. No consideration is given to its paying customers or its artists it seems - the complete opposite ethos of what festivals should be about

This is why @Ken19 said that Mad Cool won't exist in 5 years.

Shame Cool Festival.