Enrico morricone RIP

zahidf

He was so so good. The good, the bad and the ugly one of my absolute favourite films ever. 4 minutes of the ugly running around in a graveyard with ecstacy of gold playing is such an incredible scene built on that composition (along with the rest of the film)

Also a huge fan of Cinema Paradiso which is heavily due to the amazing score

Other incredible films he did the scores for like Once Upon a Time in America, Once Upon A Time In the West and The Thing. All in my top 100 films of all time

Damn. Was really hoping that he might crop up one Sunday morning on the Pyramid one year. My brother and I almost went to see him a couple of years ago but balked at the price. Got to take those chances.

A few years ago, in a different dark corner of the internet, a few of us on the form put together our respective Desert Island Discs. This was my final entry and the contribution of another member. 

Ennio Morricone - The Trio
Two of the best pieces of film score follow each other back to back in what I consider to be the best 15 minutes of cinema ever - the finale of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. This is the second, and scores three men looking at each other for its duration.

[Other forum user] Opinions can't be right or wrong but this summary is as correct as anything could be. The Trio scores three men looking at each other and Ecstasy of Gold scores a funny-looking, portly man running around a graveyard. I get goosebumps everytime I hear those trumpets. It's such a dramatic moment but whenever I watch it I'm smiling from ear to ear. It's just too perfect not to love.