Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

The deed is done. I've just come back from the pub. An establishment that I had not been in within the last 16 months. I only had two pints, but they were real ales and nicey nice tasty. I liked them. They're my friends. 

The overall pub experience was a little painful though. I'm not sure that I'll go again in a hurry. The staff were like the gestapo and the covid rules meant that service was slow. Mind you, a lot of the slowness in our direction was , to my mind's eye, because we weren't regulars. Can't blame them for that attitude though. 

Did I tell you about my friends 'the real ales'? Yes I did, I did didn't I. 

Anyway, as you may have guessed, I did a few things more after that.

And there off at Newmarket................................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The deed is done. I've just come back from the pub. An establishment that I had not been in within the last 16 months. I only had two pints, but they were real ales and nicey nice tasty. I liked them. They're my friends. 

The overall pub experience was a little painful though. I'm not sure that I'll go again in a hurry. The staff were like the gestapo and the covid rules meant that service was slow. Mind you, a lot of the slowness in our direction was , to my mind's eye, because we weren't regulars. Can't blame them for that attitude though. 

Did I tell you about my friends 'the real ales'? Yes I did, I did didn't I. 

Anyway, as you may have guessed, I did a few things more after that.

And there off at Newmarket................................

Good for you! And lovely weather for it as well! 

Last Saturday I went to the pub and it was lovely! It was bloody freezing, but I had my first Guinness in ages and it was marvellous 😀

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Good for you! And lovely weather for it as well! 

Last Saturday I went to the pub and it was lovely! It was bloody freezing, but I had my first Guinness in ages and it was marvellous 😀

You win.

You 'enjoyed' drinking Guinness in the cold. It's not for me to say, especially on a public forum, but I'll say it anyway - I think you may have a drink problem. Either that or your deranged! I am, of course, only joking. Yours is an example to us all.

Have a great weekend.

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You win.

You 'enjoyed' drinking Guinness in the cold. It's not for me to say, especially on a public forum, but I'll say it anyway - I think you may have a drink problem. Either that or your deranged! I am, of course, only joking. Yours is an example to us all.

Have a great weekend.

It's probably the second one, deranged! 😂

• Upvote 2

I have been to, I think, three different pubs on two occasions each.  And all were fabulous and very chilled and enjoyable.  Two were outside traditional beer gardens.  The third was a marquee type thing in the car park which was a lot warmer!  Oh and also a restaurant which was a bit chilly sitting in the car park but the food was good.  Just good to be out again.

Sorry for not taking any notice of the "don't go to the pub" instruction in the thread heading.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:18 PM, Beerqueen said:

I have been to, I think, three different pubs on two occasions each.  And all were fabulous and very chilled and enjoyable.  Two were outside traditional beer gardens.  The third was a marquee type thing in the car park which was a lot warmer!  Oh and also a restaurant which was a bit chilly sitting in the car park but the food was good.  Just good to be out again.

Sorry for not taking any notice of the "don't go to the pub" instruction in the thread heading.

That instruction is well and truly out of date!