Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

44 minutes ago, Homer said:

What sort of person would say such a thing?!

Strangely enough, me. I've not been to the pub for almost 16 months now. I'm really not sure that I'd feel comfortable going to one. It's irrational because I go to the shops etc. I think I can wait out a bit longer. Mind you, I wasn't a major pub goer before the covid virus. Odd when I almost used to live in the places for several decades. That said, it'll be the chance of having a few real ales that'll be my Achilles Heal. 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So have any of you lucky folk down south sat in a beer garden and  had a pub pulled delicious cold pint of beer today? If so please remind me what it tastes like😉, we are still denied this pleasure. 

Yes, me.  Two pints of HPA.  I didn't realise that was denied you .  I knew Wales were still dry (as it's only a few miles from us) but hadn't realised you Scots were too.  Sympathies.  (But the beer was delicious as was the experience of nearly being in a pub). 

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So have any of you lucky folk down south sat in a beer garden and  had a pub pulled delicious cold pint of beer today? If so please remind me what it tastes like😉, we are still denied this pleasure. 

With postal ballots going out this week it is worth reminding everyone in the country the only thing stopping them going for a drink or shop at the moment is an SNP desire to be doing things differently from the rest of the country and there is no need for these tighter restrictions.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ooooh, just picture it. Monday 26 April. A frosty pint and good company, sat on a bench in a picturesque garden. 6 degrees celsius, heavy cloud and light drizzle. A beautiful Scottish summer. Cheers! 

Sounds good. The hotel closeby to us with lovely sea views has just purchased more outdoor seating, heaters etc so that’s where we are heading as soon as they open!

meanwhile elsewhere in Scotland this genuinely was an attempt last summer by a Motherwell pub to have a beer garden!

05AFDCE6-04D0-4BE5-9010-D89D4F875F93.jpeg.94b65ba851f3ee7f6946957d0850e2ac.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds good. The hotel closeby to us with lovely sea views has just purchased more outdoor seating, heaters etc so that’s where we are heading as soon as they open!

meanwhile elsewhere in Scotland this genuinely was an attempt last summer by a Motherwell pub to have a beer garden!

05AFDCE6-04D0-4BE5-9010-D89D4F875F93.jpeg.94b65ba851f3ee7f6946957d0850e2ac.jpeg

Love it. I think I've been somewhere similar in Shoreditch. Ironically rustic, £10 for a schooner of craft beer...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I sat inside a pub on Easter Friday and had a pint of cider and it felt ssooooo good 🙂 .... but I'm really down South but still it felt like an amazing easter treat (the first day pubs could open - and we opened inside at the same time as outside !)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I sat inside a pub on Easter Friday and had a pint of cider and it felt ssooooo good 🙂 .... but I'm really down South but still it felt like an amazing easter treat (the first day pubs could open - and we opened inside at the same time as outside !)

Glad to hear you all are enjoying a pint in a beer garden! I will just have to be patient and content myself with a few cans of San  Miguel, lying a lounger in the garden, with radiohead serenading me through the ear buds!  Not too bad! 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Glad to hear you all are enjoying a pint in a beer garden! I will just have to be patient and content myself with a few cans of San  Miguel, lying a lounger in the garden, with radiohead serenading me through the ear buds!  Not too bad! 

God you scotts know how to torture yourselves. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

God you scotts know how to torture yourselves. 

OK, let’s get a few things straight😁

a) San  Miguel was all that I had in the fridge

b) I like Radiohead and the Levellers, in fact I nearly chose them to listen to 

c) if anyone wants to recreate the Levellers didgeridoo sounds from their famous/infamous Glastonbury 1994 performance then you can do it in the privacy of your bathroom. Whilst using your electric toothbrush slowly open and close your mouth, the sound is uncannily like the said instrument,  rinse and sing what a beautiful day. 😉 

D)Sadly we arnt all lucky enough to have the Crown with its beer garden out the back! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Have managed today. Local have created what is named the corona bar and enjoying a cold one now. Rude not too

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

OK, let’s get a few things straight😁

a) San  Miguel was all that I had in the fridge

b) I like Radiohead and the Levellers, in fact I nearly chose them to listen to 

c) if anyone wants to recreate the Levellers didgeridoo sounds from their famous/infamous Glastonbury 1994 performance then you can do it in the privacy of your bathroom. Whilst using your electric toothbrush slowly open and close your mouth, the sound is uncannily like the said instrument,  rinse and sing what a beautiful day. 😉 

D)Sadly we arnt all lucky enough to have the Crown with its beer garden out the back! 

Only one of those excuses holds😀

the Crown isn’t open until Thursday evening at 6pm. We have our table booked 😎