Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Up yours stu, I'm in the pub (garden) :D

And the first pint in 4 months tastes divine

That’s it. Tomorrow I’m gonna wander up to ours - a quiet, country local. 

I need a proper pint. 

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Up yours stu, I'm in the pub (garden) :D

And the first pint in 4 months tastes divine

I must say, I'm surprised by how many people have gone out to the pub this week.  It's as if we trust this government to tell us when it's safe. I guess the numbers have gone down, so maybe it's not so bad.  I'm still shellshocked by the whole thing.  I just want normal normal to come back, not the new normal. I suspect I'm in denial.

Anyway I've already backtracked to say don't go out on the lash, which I still stand by.  There's shades of grey in here for sure, a pint in an empty beer garden is clearly not the same as getting shitfaced inside a busy building all night.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I must say, I'm surprised by how many people have gone out to the pub this week.  It's as if we trust this government to tell us when it's safe. I guess the numbers have gone down, so maybe it's not so bad.  I'm still shellshocked by the whole thing.  I just want normal normal to come back, not the new normal. I suspect I'm in denial.

Anyway I've already backtracked to say don't go out on the lash, which I still stand by.  There's shades of grey in here for sure, a pint in an empty beer garden is clearly not the same as getting shitfaced inside a busy building all night.

Tbh I’m supposed my local is still in business. It’s a weird place* on the edge of Andover / the Test Valley, it’s massive compared to the amount of people that go in it, the previous owners did a runner and it’s a very young couple that had just taken it over before the ‘Rona hit. 

*It has a field to pitch your caravan in and a driving range. 

Had my first trip yesterday (and first pint which was 🤤) it all worked very well. Walk in through the garden and into the bar, order drinks and then exit to the left and back to the tables. Tons of tables outside all with umbrellas or covered. They were serving food but only four pizzas.

The obviously flaw or issue is large groups of friends like ours, which is what the place was mainly made up of, but that’s more down to people to manage themselves. The reality is people would be meeting up now pub or no pub.

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm the same as you really. Don't at all blame people for going and I know it's important to support small businesses. But I'm just not there yet myself (also no chance of a quiet country pub round here!).

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know you'd backtracked. 

I'm not taking my cue off anyone, I'm working from what I feel is safe. I visited my old mum recently, because I felt I'd been isolated enough to not be putting her at risk. There's a risk I'll get it wrong of course, but that's everything about life. 

I reckon the biggest risk to me personally is from the two I live with with very public facing jobs (who have returned to work this week) 

Edited by eFestivals

24 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Tbh I’m supposed my local is still in business. It’s a weird place* on the edge of Andover / the Test Valley, it’s massive compared to the amount of people that go in it, the previous owners did a runner and it’s a very young couple that had just taken it over before the ‘Rona hit. 

*It has a field to pitch your caravan in and a driving range. 

I'll see you that and raise your one of our locals, which has a separate car park enclosure for customers on horses

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Is there a lot of horses? Do you get to stroke them?

I feel like I need to go here asap

Sounds like hell to me. 

I don’t get why they’re allowed to roam around all cocky when every other animal that big that we don’t eat is in a zoo.

No wonder they look so smug!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Sounds like hell to me. 

I don’t get why they’re allowed to roam around all cocky when every other animal that big that we don’t eat is in a zoo.

No wonder they look so smug!

😂 hahaha!!!

A pub full of kittens would be my preference but you've gotta take what you can get 😊

Just now, Wellyboot said:

😂 hahaha!!!

A pub full of kittens would be my preference but you've gotta take what you can get 😊

Meh.

I mean, I don’t hate animals or anything, I just prefer them when they’re on telly where they can’t go near me. Preferably with David Attenborough telling me about them. 

That Dr Who chap was on tv trying to tell me about animals once and it just didn’t feel right. 

Can’t believe Quark’s effed off without clarifying details about his local equine drive-through boozer. 

Can you get done for drink riding? Edit. You can. It is illegal to ride a horse or cattle drunk or to allow your pet to mate with an animal belonging going to the Royal family. 

Edited by Woffy
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Can’t believe Quark’s effed off without clarifying details about his local equine drive-through boozer. 

Can you get done for drink riding? Edit. You can. It is illegal to ride a horse or cattle drunk or to allow your pet to mate with an animal belonging going to the Royal family. 

Just long enough to irritate :D

Yup, there's a fenced off paddock next to the car park specifically for pub customers to leave their horses while stopping for refreshment. Because why not?!

36 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Is there a lot of horses? Do you get to stroke them?

I feel like I need to go here asap

We do get a lot of riders round here, yep. Trying to remember if I've seen any actually parked at the pub but we don't go there that often, just cycle past it quite a bit. General rule of thumb is same with most horsey people, generally fine so long as you ask first!

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yup, there's a fenced off paddock next to the car park specifically for pub customers to leave their horses while stopping for refreshment. Because why not?!

Who knew outer-Brighton is like North Dakota in the 1870s? 

I never made it to the pub last night, in the end. I really wasn't that fussed about going in any case, so it was no major loss. While it would be true to say that I'm almost convulsing with desire for about 4 pints of real ale (to be drunken fairly rapidly, and with gusto), It still occurs to me that I don't want to see 'measures' in place in pubs to help reduce the spread of covid-19. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be there, only that it is, to me, and to plagiarise, it would be like it "is like a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much loved and elegant friend." I'm just not sure that I can cope with viewing and experiencing the deformity. That said, if I can get to a pub with a large beer garden (with few people in it) on a sunny day, then I reckon I'd be OK. Something's got to give, as I need to get to those pints!

Got on it today in a couple of pubs that we know well. The restrictions were tolerable yoghurt. Not city centre or even town centre and most enjoyable.

Earlier in the day I was in Chester and an average shit pub had a notice outside saying members only. Spoke to a few mates and this seems to happening across the country. Dafuq?!

I look forward to  standing outside that boozer in 12 months time drinking from a bottle from the offy and flicking the Vs at the landlady through the window.

Fuckin idiots

• Upvote 1