Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It would appear that I have been given very little option other than go to the pub within the hour. I suppose there are worse afflictions. 

I can sympathise with your plight but you have to go! Mrs c has just informed me she fancies a walk later on as the weather is decent here. I am now deciding how to convince her to take a route that passes a hotel that has set up an improvised beer garden in a grassy midge ridden piece of ground. They only have fosters but beggars can’t be choosers. 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I can sympathise with your plight but you have to go! Mrs c has just informed me she fancies a walk later on as the weather is decent here. I am now deciding how to convince her to take a route that passes a hotel that has set up an improvised beer garden in a grassy midge ridden piece of ground. They only have fosters but beggars can’t be choosers. 

You could inform your wife that you really NEED to win the church's three legged (and socially distanced) race this August. You could then go on to say that practice starts straight away. Then lash one of her legs to one of yours, and stride off in the direction that you want to go. If she tries to drag you another way, then you'll need to fight with all your might. Do not (ever) let it slip in to your mind that all you'll get for this epic struggle is a pint of Fosters, for that would blow the whole shebang.

Somehow the arrangements have altered already at this end. It now looks like I may have to wait for up to an hour and a half now before I set foot in a pub. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Somehow the arrangements have altered already at this end. It now looks like I may have to wait for up to an hour and a half now before I set foot in a pub. 

In the same position here. Your plan is a non starter, no way she would buy the church part of it!  I’ve now been told, let’s walk up to the farm and see if that horse has had its foal.  Fosters is now a very remote possibility. I am now watching the Leeds game on telly.  

Just been in a pub!  'Three Horseshoes' in Chapmanslade just outside Frome.  Wait outside, shown to a table, order at table only.  Very clean, sanitiser on bar.  Staff not wearing masks but kept distance to customers.  All very comfortable but it was also very quiet, which was good for us, but it's clearly going to be a struggle for them until numbers pick up.

Nice fresh pint of Butcombe though 👍

Edited by parsonjack

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In the same position here. Your plan is a non starter, no way she would buy the church part of it!  I’ve now been told, let’s walk up to the farm and see if that horse has had its foal.  Fosters is now a very remote possibility. I am now watching the Leeds game on telly.  

You have my condolences. Perhaps you could slip off later on your own and claim alien abduction to your wife upon your inebriated return. Just a thought. 

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You have my condolences. Perhaps you could slip off later on your own and claim alien abduction to your wife upon your inebriated return. Just a thought. 

50C208D2-6F82-4C4D-B70B-EC8CB1F241C0.thumb.jpeg.2569d254ae63054bd18fabdfe2ffbebe.jpeg

the farm walk has just been completed thus thwarting my pursuit of a beer. The foal , pictured above, was seemingly born weeks ago. Mrs c was wondering why I decided after all my moans to take its photo. However it was nice to see the farm campsite full of tents,  a good sign for the future. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are you a fan or do you just like torturing yourself on a weekly basis like us unfortunate souls who are from Leeds?

Not really a fan but always liked them since their glory days. Always been my ‘English’ team. I have an admiration and empathy also for their fans who have followed them throughout the good and more recent bad times.  I know what that’s like! 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are you a fan or do you just like torturing yourself on a weekly basis like us unfortunate souls who are from Leeds?

I'm worried you might actually do it this season. It's been fun the last few years just living here and watching on 🤪