Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Reckon everyone had the same “I’ll just leave it a few days” attitude?

Yeah, I was thinking that. I reckon it might be a bit like supermarkets and the queues there were before: once the novelty wears off it will all level off a bit.

3 hours ago, Clarence Clemons said:

Nice one man, good to hear. I think a lot of people are sensible here in SE.

What's your favourite to visit in Crystal Palace? I'd been to the G&G before it closed, and the spoons where they had an England game on, which was weird as I thought they were strictly no sport!

Well, mainly the park recently! We went to the White Hart, which is really nice and has a decent garden space. Also, the Westow is v good and does decent cheap food (and again has a 'garden'). How about you?

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Or could be track and trace has tracked somebody from somewhere earlier, who then went to one of the pubs concerned?

One of the closed pubs is about 10 miles away from me, the person who informed the pub about the positive test only took the test because they had been notified of a potential risk from another place they had visited that day. That could easily trigger a ripple that causes all the pubs in the area to close. 

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's a bit of a concern. I assumed they were all asking for contact numbers, but as you say easy enough to lie anyway.

On the flipside I wonder if any jokers would call a pub after the fact and pretend they'd had it just to cause chaos? There are some bored knobs out there.

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

One of the closed pubs is about 10 miles away from me, the person who informed the pub about the positive test only took the test because they had been notified of a potential risk from another place they had visited that day. That could easily trigger a ripple that causes all the pubs in the area to close. 

So ZMG is correct then. Any joker could inform a pub that they've had a positive test. If I was a landlord I think I'd be screaming for proof before they shut me down (again). Especially if it had come from some dickhead who'd had to be kicked out the night/week before.

8 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

So ZMG is correct then. Any joker could inform a pub that they've had a positive test. If I was a landlord I think I'd be screaming for proof before they shut me down (again). Especially if it had come from some dickhead who'd had to be kicked out the night/week before.

Whats the policy for a pub closing? Is it just for a deep clean and then reopen after informing all the customers who were drinking there that day. 

Does the pub have to “self isolate” for a week to ensure any virus missed by the clean has a chance to die. 

What about the staff? They will have been brought off furlough, can they be temporarily put back on furlough while the pub is closed. They certainly can’t be transferred to another branch in a chain nor would they be happy be sent home on their 0 hour contract. 

There’s a lot to work out still. 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

this is amazing 

That’s a great solution for those places that have the space. It’s the city centre bars that are going to suffer the most. There’s quite a few quirky bars that only have 2 or 3 tables and it’s usually standing room only inside. Some places can benefit from temporary pedestrianisation of the streets themselves but that won’t be possible in many cases. 

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Whats the policy for a pub closing? Is it just for a deep clean and then reopen after informing all the customers who were drinking there that day. 

Does the pub have to “self isolate” for a week to ensure any virus missed by the clean has a chance to die. 

What about the staff? They will have been brought off furlough, can they be temporarily put back on furlough while the pub is closed. They certainly can’t be transferred to another branch in a chain nor would they be happy be sent home on their 0 hour contract. 

There’s a lot to work out still. 

I would imagine any staff that served them would have to self isolate? I think you're supposed to get sick pay for self isolation but it could be just statutory. Technically also I think it's only people who come within 2m of you?

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I would imagine any staff that served them would have to self isolate? I think you're supposed to get sick pay for self isolation but it could be just statutory. Technically also I think it's only people who come within 2m of you?

The app that never appeared was to notify people within two metres for 15 minutes or more. So it may be that exposure times weren't enough? It's all a bit confusing

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Beer gardens opening Scotland now.  This has been described as the worst beer garden in the country, it’s a pub in Motherwell!  Not exactly the most fragrant of gardens!

3E91545B-0B8C-4212-903C-383275E7627D.jpeg.b03101d4e916dcdefcafe4daacb111ff.jpeg

At least Rick has signed in....maybe he doesn't have a phone.

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Beer gardens opening Scotland now.  This has been described as the worst beer garden in the country, it’s a pub in Motherwell!  Not exactly the most fragrant of gardens!

Reminds me of the smoking area at sankey’s soap or the warehouse in Leeds.  

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

All it’s missing is a couple of drag queens and the strong smell of poppers in the air. 

I love speed queen at the warehouse, I remember going once was planning on only staying until 1ish. 5 in the morning I was dancing on the podium, had to go watch the cricket the next day still posted and covered in glitter, the wife wasn’t happy with me. 

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I have no option other than to run with the need to nod in its direction in appreciation of it's vehement utilitarianism. Beyond that it does look grim. I mean, if there was ever a competition for half arsed gestures, then the 'creator' of this lovely scene would have to be 'up there' with best of them in the contender stakes.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fuck that, I think the whole "beer garden" is Banksy.

I can see where you are coming from, but personally would run with Shoe Zone (in an act aimed at giving capitalism one last hurraah before folding) has sub rented their car park to the pub next door. Shoe Zone have done the 'installation' as part of the contract, but have chosen to use the loosest perspective in order to maximise their futile attempt at not going bust. The people who would have you pay for their various permanent 'limp induction ceremonies' that they hold.

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fuck that, I think the whole "beer garden" is Banksy.

In retrospect I think you are correct. In fact I reckon that Big Archie ‘mad dog’ McGurk’, the pub owner, should be nominated for the Turner prize. It is obviously an installation that is an expression of the frustrations felt by a working class community steeped in the tradition of steel making and heavy industries and their attempt to achieve a degree of normality  in the current crisis. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In retrospect I think you are correct. In fact I reckon that Big Archie ‘mad dog’ McGurk’, the pub owner, should be nominated for the Turner prize. It is obviously an installation that is an expression of the frustrations felt by a working class community steeped in the tradition of steel making and heavy industries and their attempt to achieve a degree of normality  in the current crisis. 

Precisely.