Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Ok, go, but try not to go to a 'sppons, alright?

As someone who swerved them pre-pandemic for Brexit-related reasons I'm in two minds about that myself. That Haunted Worzel Gummidge guy they have is clearly a c**t of the highest order, but the staff also need to earn a living.  I think some of them have specifically asked that people don't boycott them just because they disagree with or dislike the Reanimated Cadaver of Jeremy Clarkson that runs the company.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

No big spikes in Spain or Italy Post bars reopening.  Though I don't think that's the best comparison as cases are lower 

Parts of Catalonia just to the west of Barcelona are going into local lockdown

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Carling that's been sitting in the lines for 3 months.  Maybe the piss of an angel still just tastes like regular piss.

Maybe sitting in the lines for 3 months will enhance the taste and potentially allow for fermentation to take place and actually give it some alcohol content. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Parts of Catalonia just to the west of Barcelona are going into local lockdown

Maybe sitting in the lines for 3 months will enhance the taste and potentially allow for fermentation to take place and actually give it some alcohol content. 

The catalonia outbreak seems to be because of (big surprise) an outbreak from a factory

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As someone who swerved them pre-pandemic for Brexit-related reasons I'm in two minds about that myself. That Haunted Worzel Gummidge guy they have is clearly a c**t of the highest order, but the staff also need to earn a living.  I think some of them have specifically asked that people don't boycott them just because they disagree with or dislike the Reanimated Cadaver of Jeremy Clarkson that runs the company.

Yes, we have a local spoons and it’s employs a lot of staff especially during the summer season and it’s popular with visitors. Agreed that their owner is a total tosspot, in fact your description of him is spot on, but jobs here are rare enough. Locals tend to frequent the smaller pubs, golf  clubhouses and the sailing club. How pretentious is that?! 

I believe a large proportion of the people you see queuing up at 6am for a pint are not doing so because they’re that desperate. A lot will be regulars, going in an attempt to support their local. 

Some will defo be going just for the bants of a 6am pint and the novelty. However, let’s not judge everyone the same. 

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

I believe a large proportion of the people you see queuing up at 6am for a pint are not doing so because they’re that desperate. A lot will be regulars, going in an attempt to support their local. 

Some will defo be going just for the bants of a 6am pint and the novelty. However, let’s not judge everyone the same. 

Why would someone queue up at 6am to support their local? Their local will still be there later in the day. It's 100% novelty.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, we have a local spoons and it’s employs a lot of staff especially during the summer season and it’s popular with visitors. Agreed that their owner is a total tosspot, in fact your description of him is spot on, but jobs here are rare enough. Locals tend to frequent the smaller pubs, golf  clubhouses and the sailing club. How pretentious is that?! 

its difficult quandary and if people know the answer please tell me ..... wetherspoons and their pricing undercutting will be responsible for the closing of quite a few pubs and slowly it doesnt seem to be quite such an undercut as it once was as the choice will be limited and potentially a  lot more so .......  I dont in any way want to support Tim Marin in any way shape or form ... but he has people over a barrel here with the poor workers working on minimum wage with pretty awful terms .... and of course I dont want to see the poorly paid hit any harder than they have been .... that said I won't be visiting them .... but whats the answer going forward ? 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why would someone queue up at 6am to support their local? Their local will still be there later in the day. It's 100% novelty.

If anything, today is going to be like Xmas Eve or Hogmanay when regulars stay home cos the pubs are full of occasional drinkers who can't handle it.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Actually, it pains me to be admit it, given how much of prick the guy who runs it is, but Wetherspoons are about as good as a massive chain of pubs could be. 

Decent selection of ales, food prices and no shit loud music all night long.

Food is crap though.

I agree I don't mind spoons. And you don't have to queue at a bar you can order it on the app. Its just easy innit. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Actually, it pains me to be admit it, given how much of prick the guy who runs it is, but Wetherspoons are about as good as a massive chain of pubs could be. 

Food is crap though.

Dr Stuartbert. Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Go to the Pub

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wellyboot said:

I agree I don't mind spoons. And you don't have to queue at a bar you can order it on the app. Its just easy innit. 

The app was the main reason I went there. Too much effort talking to people. At least more pubs have now invested in the same technology so we lazy people have more choice of where to drink and better beer. 😁

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Food is crap though.

Only ever been a 'spoons once - it was bloody awful; the beer was horrible, the toilets were disgusting, the carpet was sticky and the whole place stank of crap food.