Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Their lockdowns of 'everybody stay in or you'll be arrested' were pretty different to our 'stay in if you fancy it' approach. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm as clued up on all of this as some others probably are, but it just seems like pubs of all things opening this early is a silly, and unfortunately very British mistake to make.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in a bar at around 11pm tonight with bar staff trying to explain to the couple necking furiously in the corner that it isn't allowed whilst a mass brawl happens on the other side of the bar because somebody's sitting in somebody else's reserved seat.

Ultimately we were told to stay inside and only go out for food and exercise. Everywhere was shut, you could flout the rules, but there was only so much you could do, exercise for longer?

Yes their lockdown was stricter in that it was more enforced by police etc, but relatively speaking it wasn’t hugely different to ours.

But that’s all completely irrelevant to how the virus behaves. The lockdown was a means to get the virus under control and the numbers down to manageable levels. Both worked in that respect, but with the benefit of hindsight it’s clear that to get the virus to drop you don’t actually need such extreme measures.

Infections rates are dropping now in our current post lockdown state. So the nuances of how strict Spain’s lockdown was compared to ours with the benefit of hindsight is not really relevant, it’s clear you can get away with quite a lot more and the virus still drops. It’s also clear that the differences between our lockdown and their lockdown would’ve been absolutely marginal in terms of the result, that’s if there was any difference at all.

Ultimately they're quite some way ahead of us, their bars are open and they’re not seeing an increase in infections, so there is no reason why we should either.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Actually though it's quite depressing that I have so little faith in the government following their own guidance now that I would completely believe it is from today.

Exactly this. It’s pretty sad really. 

Charm x

I’m going to have a wander about and probably stick to pubs with outside space to start if I can ... I’m going to make my own judgement based on the venue and what I see wether I think it’s safe enough ... in my eyes ... but it’s going to be a few weeks and I want to see what the virus does first ... I’ve been hoping for no rises due to beaches , congas and marches and it looks like this has been ok .. so hopefully bats follow the same pattern .. I’d written off the year .... but working in a supermarket I’m probably at equal risk ... just need to stay alert 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m going to have a wander about and probably stick to pubs with outside space to start if I can ... I’m going to make my own judgement based on the venue and what I see wether I think it’s safe enough ... in my eyes ... but it’s going to be a few weeks and I want to see what the virus does first ... I’ve been hoping for no rises due to beaches , congas and marches and it looks like this has been ok .. so hopefully bats follow the same pattern .. I’d written off the year .... but working in a supermarket I’m probably at equal risk ... just need to stay alert 

Sensible response. Prefer outside on a decent day anyway.  And if I spotted a group beginning to make an arse of themselves I would just leave.  Publicans might realise that poor behaviour will dissuade sensible drinkers from entering their premises. 

3 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

All I want to do is in the high risk category.

6 out of the 8 high risk things are my normal life, haha.

Yeah can’t wait to get back to my daily buffets and amusement parks

(seriously though no gyms is shit even though I know they’re gonna be one of the last priorities to open)