Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I work at one, so I have to. First shift tomorrow and I'm a little nervous :(

Good luck.

Where about in the city is your pub? No worries if you don't want to answer that!

I can see people staying local than going to town

Edited by august1

I wont be going anywhere anytime soon. Although my local which isn't open yet, is 1 minute walk  away soI could walk into the beer garden without going inside, couple of pints and home before needing the toilet so I'll give that a go at some point midweek assuming tables are available. 

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I'd certainly avoid them like the plague for the first couple of weeks. See what the situation is after a couple weeks and how it's going, then maybe it's worth a look. Unless you have a particularly quiet local, you'd have to be insane to be heading in to a busy pub in the city.

They're going to be rammed this weekend. Just use common sense, since the government aren't using any it's even more crucial.

I'm not even sure all pubs will be rammed tbh... but I bet daily fail will find every busy pub though, I only say this as the weather isn't great over the weekend... if it were sunny probably different matter

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

We could play total pub carnage bingo. Pick 5 images that you think are going to end up in the news after this weekend. See who gets the most right. 

1. Pictures of someone camping outside a pub

2. Huge queue outside a pub

3. A Wetherspoons full by 7.30am

4. Footage of a mass brawl outside a bar

5. The classic image of a shoeless girl with vomit stained clothes

already seen no.1 (not sure if real though lol) 

Edited by shoptildrop

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you want to go to Glastonbury? Then don't go to the pub. Not yet anyway.

That is all.

Edit: unless you work at one. We all gotta eat.

if pubs don't get to operate normally(ish), then gigs and festivals will never get to restart.

9 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

We could play total pub carnage bingo. Pick 5 images that you think are going to end up in the news after this weekend. See who gets the most right. 

1. Pictures of someone camping outside a pub

2. Huge queue outside a pub

3. A Wetherspoons full by 7.30am

4. Footage of a mass brawl outside a bar

5. The classic image of a shoeless girl with vomit stained clothes

re. 3 - saw this yesterday and seemed apt..!

3C86CB84-2179-47B8-8E2B-87F13BF73072.jpeg

9 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I honestly don't see the pub as appealing at all at the moment. With all the precautions it's not exactly like you can nip for a quick one with all your mates. 

So yeah, I won't be there. 

Same. Read that article on the guardian about pubs in Ireland. Sounds shite. Four of your mates, table service, alloted time slots. Definitely don't see how hat works in a small town where you know everyone! After a few beers there's no way the landlord in my Mum's local is gonna be keeping people away from each other... 

If the Track and Trace system can handle it we need to get back to behaving as normally as possible ASAP with any outbreaks being suppressed by decent contact tracing. It the track and trace system can't handle it we need to keep staying in whilst it more tracers are hired, trained and interpreters found.

I suspect in England you might be in a position where there are too many active cases to effectively trace them all but no real movement to improve the tracing hopefully I'm wrong.

Certainly if you like your local boozer and you want them to survive they are going to have to get custom somehow.

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Pubs will be shit with restrictions, no point going. Best thing about pubs is having a drunken heart to heart at 11pm with some bloke you've just met while arm in arm and making plans to travel the world together before inevitably never speaking again

Wait... we’re NOT going to Easter Island???

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Neil said:

if pubs don't get to operate normally(ish), then gigs and festivals will never get to restart.

Yup. I think starting on a Sat is ridiculous but we have to get back to some normality. I don't think one weekend is going to cancel Glastonbury 

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We're not ready. Look at the bottom of the list.

how are you defining 'ready'? And anyway, I suspect that chart is meaning for everything being normal about going to a bar, rather than with the measures being used here.

I'm not entirely convinced with Spaffer's chosen date or the measures being used, but it is a step towards gigs and festivals, and it has to be tried sometime. 

And it's happening soon enough to have a chance of saving just about all hospitality jobs, while it looks like music is going to be decimated. :( 

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup. I think starting on a Sat is ridiculous but we have to get back to some normality. I don't think one weekend is going to cancel Glastonbury 

Nope, but continued weekends might. If the brief history of this virus has proven anything then we should be in for a bit of a shitter in two to three weeks time when the case count starts climbing again. 

But I hope I’m wrong, and more power to those who are planning on having heavy ones this weekend.

I live in Wales, got two local pubs I adore and pop in regularly and randomly with the dog. Desperate to support them but I’m in no rush when they do finally open here, gonna avoid them for a while I think. Also I’m a 15 minute walk from a pub on the border but definitely not sprinting there either.