Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

I'd certainly avoid them like the plague for the first couple of weeks. See what the situation is after a couple weeks and how it's going, then maybe it's worth a look. Unless you have a particularly quiet local, you'd have to be insane to be heading in to a busy pub in the city.

They're going to be rammed this weekend. Just use common sense, since the government aren't using any it's even more crucial.

• Upvote 1

We could play total pub carnage bingo. Pick 5 images that you think are going to end up in the news after this weekend. See who gets the most right. 

1. Pictures of someone camping outside a pub

2. Huge queue outside a pub

3. A Wetherspoons full by 7.30am

4. Footage of a mass brawl outside a bar

5. The classic image of a shoeless girl with vomit stained clothes

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, petewilson09 said:

What have they put in place with regards to safety etc?

- big reduction in maximum capacity; it's now less than a third of what it is normally

- customers aren't allowed to stand around drinking, nor move tables and chairs around

-one way system, with exit only and entry only doors

-rather than having reusable menus and condiment bottles, it's all going to be disposable menus and sachets instead.

-encouraging people to order from their table rather than coming to the bar

-encouraging people to avoid using cash if possible

-hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the pub

- dedicated staff for cleaning, focusing on high contact areas especially

Will probably learn more tomorrow 

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you want to go to Glastonbury? Then don't go to the pub. Not yet anyway.

That is all.

I'm honestly not sure. If we want Glastonbury next year, normality has to resume and the collective have to accept a certain number of cases and deaths. This needs to become normal, as it's not going away.

The trade off of it happening is... we have to accept that there is likely to be a certain number of cases and deaths as a result of Glastonbury directly 

I find it very hard to accept that myself, but it is where we are...

All that caveated with...in this country, with this government. Idealism isnt going to get us anywhere especially Glastonbury 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

We could play total pub carnage bingo. Pick 5 images that you think are going to end up in the news after this weekend. See who gets the most right. 

1. Pictures of someone camping outside a pub

2. Huge queue outside a pub

3. A Wetherspoons full by 7.30am

4. Footage of a mass brawl outside a bar

5. The classic image of a shoeless girl with vomit stained clothes

I would reckon that tv crews will be trawling about looking for pub related carnage. Your list has it covered, apart from Rees Mogg quaffing his yard of ale. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I trust that experts who decided that a Saturday was the best day to blow the starting whistle had solid reasoning.

Just heard on Newsnight that experts and police both advised against a Saturday. Boris went ahead anyway.

Edit: Cricket from next weekend as well. Once they've drawn up new rules.

Edited by MrZigster

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I honestly don't see the pub as appealing at all at the moment. With all the precautions it's not exactly like you can nip for a quick one with all your mates. 

So yeah, I won't be there. 

Yeah with the spontaneous element taken away it really doesn’t seem that good of a prospect at all. I’m sure the boozers will be absolutely rammed over the weekend and for the next couple of weeks, but if America’s example of places opening back up only to get shut down again a few weeks later due to mass outbreaks is anything to go by, we’re just needlessly setting things back to square one. Really seems like a bad idea.

Yep I'm holding out too. To be fair we don't tend to pop down to the local just the two of us, I'm more likely to go to the pub if we have people round or if I go into town to meet someone, neither of which are happening right now. But giving it a wide berth for a bit.

I actually feel quite anxious about the whole thing.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Not fussed about going to the pub when there are so many restrictions in place, I prefer a spontaneous pint when I walk past a pub and get a taste for it. We are going out to the local curry house though, want to support the local businesses as I have been throughout lockdown. I do think things need to start opening and the economy needs to get going. The taxes that will need to be paid after this, the jobs losses, peoples livelihoods and houses being taken away will create a lot of poverty and depression for years to come. A lot of deaths will come from this that aren’t related to the virus and the virus is not going to go away. I think life needs to carry on as it cannot continue how it is at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

Pubs will be shit with restrictions, no point going. Best thing about pubs is having a drunken heart to heart at 11pm with some bloke you've just met while arm in arm and making plans to travel the world together before inevitably never speaking again

• Like 1