VIRGIN MONEY UNITY ARENA

Caits

[Spam link removed] UNITY ARENA The UK's first dedicated socially distanced music venue is arriving in Newcastle this summer! Virgin Money Unity Arena will arrive at Gosforth Park in August with a stellar line up of Live Music and Comedy.

Join us for a unique socially distanced live entertainment experience. Enjoy the show with your friends and family from the safety of your own personal viewing area.

The arena is designed to keep you safe, with organised parking and a socially distanced queuing system into the arena where you will be directed to your personal area.

Huge Lineup announcement: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Tickets on Sale: Friday 10th July 2020

107077409_112525967187524_1426818702369302804_o.jpg

Edited by Neil

6 hours ago, Caits said:

[Spam link removed] UNITY ARENA The UK's first dedicated socially distanced music venue is arriving in Newcastle this summer! Virgin Money Unity Arena will arrive at Gosforth Park in August with a stellar line up of Live Music and Comedy.

Join us for a unique socially distanced live entertainment experience. Enjoy the show with your friends and family from the safety of your own personal viewing area.

The arena is designed to keep you safe, with organised parking and a socially distanced queuing system into the arena where you will be directed to your personal area.

Huge Lineup announcement: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Tickets on Sale: Friday 10th July 2020

107077409_112525967187524_1426818702369302804_o.jpg

Its gonna be the same acts as the drive in one isn't it

11 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Anyone know if you have to drive into this one?

It says on the website ‘purchase your ticket for the number of people in your car and be aware everyone on your platform must arrive in the same vehicle’. That doesn’t sound promising but you should be able to attend without driving... surely. 

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It says on the website ‘purchase your ticket for the number of people in your car and be aware everyone on your platform must arrive in the same vehicle’. That doesn’t sound promising but you should be able to attend without driving... surely. 

Yeah I had a read of that but surely they can’t expect everyone to drive. I gave them a message anyway.

Shit: I got this message. 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your message. 

All attendees for each platform must arrive in the same vehicle. This could be a car owned by yourself or a friend, however, you can also use a taxi. However, the event is unable to accept customers who are walking in.

For further information, please also contact the event directly on their social media pages and website.

Thanks,

TL Team

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your message. 

All attendees for each platform must arrive in the same vehicle. This could be a car owned by yourself or a friend, however, you can also use a taxi. However, the event is unable to accept customers who are walking in.

For further information, please also contact the event directly on their social media pages and website.

Thanks,

TL Team

Which email address did you use to get this response so I can email too? I want to be able to show this response when they try and turn me away for someone giving me a lift (stuff like this always happens to me)

Also don’t know what the chances are of getting a ticket it says capacity is 2,500 but a viewing platform holds max 5 people who have to arrive in the same car so realistically that means there’s only 500 chances to get a ticket - will try anyway

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your message. 

Thanks,

TL Team

Taxi it is then! Cheers 

22 minutes ago, Jon F said:

The finances for this seem a bit risky - a gig could sell out with anywhere between 500 and 2,500 tickets?

Yes exactly, there is the £20 fee per platform and I think that’s why they would have implemented this but that obviously doesn’t cover the 3 tickets which would be lost if just 2 people bought a ticket.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Really?

It sounds fucking awful to me - to the extent that when it was first posted, I actually thought it was a spoof.

Well considering there’s only 500 platforms to shift and folk have been stuck in since March I thought at least a couple of them would’ve sold out.

26 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Well considering there’s only 500 platforms to shift and folk have been stuck in since March I thought at least a couple of them would’ve sold out.

I dunno, I took one look at that awful picture and couldn't believe it was real, or that anyone would even consider it.

If the reality is even half as depressing, then I'd much rather stay in and watch old concert footage on youtube.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

The issue seems to be for four or five people platforms. 2-3 sell out.

Its not the same but I got a two one for Libertines. I reckon they'll make more two-three if they dont shift four-five ones.

It would have sold better had they not done ticket sections being all the same price. Why would you pay the same as being close to the stage to be two sections back in black C?