Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead?

Welliwonder

Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead?   

250 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead?

• Yes, and it will be business as usual.
    • Yes, with some minor requirements (hygiene warnings, extra hand gel).
    • Yes, with some moderate/major requirements (face masks, distancing, temperature checks).
    • No, Coronavirus will still be too prevalent and mass gatherings will still be banned.
    • No, Coronavirus will still be too much of a risk and the organisers will choose not to go ahead.
    • No, for another reason.
    • I can't even guess.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Going for third option.

I think temperature checks at the gate are likely. I think masks might be worn by staff, especially food vendors. I don't think there's a chance of social distancing, but queues for the bogs will probably sprawl in the morning if everyone's still a bit iffy about human contact.

Most importantly though, Glasto 2021 will 100% be going ahead and the five days of release and relief will make it the best one ever. Nailed on!

I don't really see how there can be temperature checks. Are you suggesting people might make a ten hour trip, potentially by coach(!) to be turned away at the gate? 

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

I know it seems grim, but let me put it another way: no temperate checks at the gate, someone with COVID is on site, half the festival then picks up a still-lingering virus, it's all over the news for weeks and Glastonbury never shakes the publicity of being a petri dish.

I think they would take the risk of Kev having a rotten day driving there and back. And I think Kev would know that's the risk when there's been a pandemic that swallowed the worth for over a year.

Personally I don't see it. How is the coachee meant to get home for a start? Also, they will likely have already infected people on the coach? Or perhaps temperature checks before boarding might be an option? 

I just think there are far too many variables for it to be viable. Interesting though. 

As others have said, if we had the same kind of Wednesday weather we've had lately that would be half the queue out.

Hadn't thought about how coachees would get home, even though I am one! That would suck. And yeah could you then allow everyone in who travelled with the person with the temperature? Doesn't seem very workable.

Temperature checks won’t happen. 

Imagine a moving in day like 2017 when it hit 32 degrees. Everyone has been inside glass and metal boxes for hours and are then hiking in with bags and cartloads of gear. 

Not a single person would get on site because of overheating. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Imagine a moving in day like 2017 when it hit 32 degrees. Everyone has been inside glass and metal boxes for hours and are then hiking in with bags and cartloads of gear. 

this is the time I offer my ice cold shower service .... for a fee :) 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Also imagine the queues, the disputes, the fury, confusion. Nah I'm firmly in the tests not gonna happen boat the more I think about it. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

who voted no ? have you put your ticket back in the resale pot ?

No need to if it gets cancelled is there?

It wasn't me by the way but I can completely imagine a scenario where you really want to go but think it will be cancelled. That's where I was in March, albeit without a ticket.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No need to if it gets cancelled is there?

It wasn't me by the way but I can completely imagine a scenario where you really want to go but think it will be cancelled. That's where I was in March, albeit without a ticket.

fair ... im just intrigued ...what have they seen that shows mass gatherings will still  be banned in 12 months ... with the french open going ahead at 60% capacity in September 

Edited by crazyfool1

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Temperature checks would just be window dressing. They’d only catch a sliver of potential Covid cases, those with fairly mild symptoms. Considering at current levels only about 100 - 150 people would have Covid out of everyone entering the gates and they’d all mostly be asymptomatic, it would be a glorious waste of time. 

Temperature checks are total window dressing but it seems like everywhere is adopting them. It is very strange!.

30 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I know it seems really grim, but let me put it another way: no temperate checks at the gate, someone with COVID is on site, half the festival then picks up a still-lingering virus, it's all over the news for weeks and Glastonbury never shakes the publicity of being a petri dish.

Might make T day easier!