Camp Bestival with a baby?

hannahlmoore

After failing to get Glasto tickets since my last one (2017) I'm really missing festivals and starting to think about 2021. I've been to Bestival a few times and loved it, and am expecting a baby in December, which was making me think Camp Bestival could be a good one for next year. My parents live in Wilshire so it's local(ish) to them and they are planning on going down in their campervan, so I'd have a bit of support. So I was wondering if anyone can give me the lowdown and whether taking a 6 month old baby would be utter madness..... 🤣

On 7/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, hannahlmoore said:

After failing to get Glasto tickets since my last one (2017) I'm really missing festivals and starting to think about 2021. I've been to Bestival a few times and loved it, and am expecting a baby in December, which was making me think Camp Bestival could be a good one for next year. My parents live in Wilshire so it's local(ish) to them and they are planning on going down in their campervan, so I'd have a bit of support. So I was wondering if anyone can give me the lowdown and whether taking a 6 month old baby would be utter madness..... 🤣

We have done this a few times, but we don’t recommend camp bestival anymore.   The crowd is awful.  They have a Next stand there (yes the clothes shop) which sums it up for me.  One year a fight nearly broke out amongst parents who couldn’t see Mr Tumble due to kids on shoulders.

Since also not getting tickets to Glastonbury since 2008......we have been doing Larmer Tree near Salisbury.   It’s very very relaxed.   More folk music than anything else and not much performing arts but it is very family friendly (although they moved the dates out of school holidays this year for some reason).

Highlights are the friendly peacocks that trundle about freely and the family camping is friendly and relaxed.  It’s under new management recently so these are historic comments, but I would recommend  it with a baby.  It’s set on a hill in Victorian gardens so even if it does rain it doesn’t really get muddy.   

It’s no Glastonbury, but a long running festival with a friendly atmosphere. And the walk from the car to camping is like two minutes, so taking a big tent is no bother.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:35 PM, Pilton94 said:

We have done this a few times, but we don’t recommend camp bestival anymore.   The crowd is awful.  They have a Next stand there (yes the clothes shop) which sums it up for me.  One year a fight nearly broke out amongst parents who couldn’t see Mr Tumble due to kids on shoulders.

Since also not getting tickets to Glastonbury since 2008......we have been doing Larmer Tree near Salisbury.   It’s very very relaxed.   More folk music than anything else and not much performing arts but it is very family friendly (although they moved the dates out of school holidays this year for some reason).

Highlights are the friendly peacocks that trundle about freely and the family camping is friendly and relaxed.  It’s under new management recently so these are historic comments, but I would recommend  it with a baby.  It’s set on a hill in Victorian gardens so even if it does rain it doesn’t really get muddy.   

It’s no Glastonbury, but a long running festival with a friendly atmosphere. And the walk from the car to camping is like two minutes, so taking a big tent is no bother.

Hope that helps.

Oh wow really - that's a shame! Bestival had such a lovely feel to it but the final one I went to I did notice a bit of a change in crowd.

Larmer Tree would actually be ideal as Salisbury is where my parents live - I'll check it out. I'm a sucker for a line up that's the only thing - Camp Bestival line up this year is ace! Beautiful Days could also be an option.

Good to know the baby thing isn't too  much of a hinderance though and that we can still get out and do this stuff :)