October ticket sale

Hugh Jass

14 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The shriek of joy when tickets are purchased ... :) 

Bluetarsky: Push, push, push

Mrs Bluetarsky: I am bloody pushing.

Bluetarsky: So am I, F5, F5, F5, F5

Bluetarsky: I can see it, i can see it?

Mrs Bluetarsky: What, what can you see, the baby? the babys head?

Bluetarsky: No, the confirmation page!!!

• Upvote 2

This might be one of the best resales going for people looking to get involved. Incomes will be down, some people won't want to leave the house... sorry to lay it out bare, but I think those two things will push the numbers of available tickets up.

Mind you the wall to wall BBC coverage won't help :D 

22 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Restricted crowd sizes won’t ever be a thing. It would be pointless and make no difference.

Restricted crowd sizes gives space for people to social distance, which is what we'll all be doing for a good while yet. Government are a long way off sanctioning a return to full crowds. Sport is similarly affected. For example, the Premier League is not envisaging a return to full stadiums any time soon. 

22 minutes ago, UEF said:

This might be one of the best resales going for people looking to get involved. Incomes will be down, some people won't want to leave the house... sorry to lay it out bare, but I think those two things will push the numbers of available tickets up.

Mind you the wall to wall BBC coverage won't help :D 

October will be like a normal sale but with much less tickets. I can’t see April being hugely different to a normal resale unless things with the virus take a huge turn for the worse between October and April. If you think about it, the tickets given up by people who ask for a refund of their £50 by September, will be bought in October by people that obviously can spare the money and aren’t worried about the risk of attending at that point. Anybody who didn’t ask for a refund by September will need to have had a change of circumstances between September and April to give their ticket up.

If you’ve not got a ticket I think the best way to look at it is you’ve got a bonus resale in October that will be harder than a normal resale but it’s a bonus none the less. Then when it comes to April who knows.

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Restricted crowd sizes gives space for people to social distance, which is what we'll all be doing for a good while yet. Government are a long way off sanctioning a return to full crowds. Sport is similarly affected. For example, the Premier League is not envisaging a return to full stadiums any time soon. 

But people won’t social distance at a festival. What happens if you half the attendance for Glastonbury but Macca is back next year? Do you restrict entry to the pyramid field and make people stand 2m apart? Do you restrict entry to all the tents and make people stand 2m apart? Social distancing isn’t compatible with festivals. Reduced crowds will not make any difference. 

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But people won’t social distance at a festival. What happens if you half the attendance for Glastonbury but Macca is back next year? Do you restrict entry to the pyramid field and make people stand 2m apart? Do you restrict entry to all the tents and make people stand 2m apart? Social distancing isn’t compatible with festivals. Reduced crowds will not make any difference. 

Unfortunately Government acting on the advice of Health Officials are setting the rules and all businesses/events (and the population) will be expected to bide by them. If government decrees that people must stay 1m or 2m apart then businesses/events will be compelled to implement the rule. In sport I read they anticipate the return of spectators but with limits imposed on crowd sizes to facilitate social distancing.

If government believes social distancing is still necessary in 2021 but doesn't believe it can be operated at festivals etc, then these events won't be allowed to take place 😣

Edited by Lycra

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Unfortunately Government acting on the advice of Health Officials are setting the rules and all businesses/events (and the population) will be expected to bide by them. If government decrees that people must stay 1m or 2m apart then businesses/events will be compelled to implement the rule. In sport I read they anticipate the return of spectators but with limits imposed on crowd sizes to facilitate social distancing. 

But in schools it’s going in September ... can’t see it as an ongoing thing ... it’s all a push on the economy rightly or wrongly .12 months time is going to be very different to now ... looking at how things have already gone ... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

But in schools it’s going in September ... can’t see it as an ongoing thing ... it’s all a push on the economy rightly or wrongly .12 months time is going to be very different to now ... looking at how things have already gone ... 

Hopefully for all our sakes by 2021 corona will be well under control if government policy is correct. However if it isn't you only have to look at what's currently happening in the US to see what can happen if policy is wrong. Infections on an upward curve with a new daily high of ca55,000 announced yesterday and restrictions being re-imposed.

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Hopefully for all our sakes by 2021 corona will be well under control if government policy is correct. However if it isn't you only have to look at what's currently happening in the US to see what can happen if policy is wrong. Infections on an upward curve with a new daily high of ca55,000 announced yesterday and restrictions being re-imposed.

For sure ... one very big test this weekend to overcome ... 

33 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I get what you're saying about crowds in front of stages (although you could imagine some kind of crowd control measures) but then could definitely impose restrictions around campsites. They could set out squares or whatever for people to camp in and have more stewards keeping an eye on it. Campsites have to be one of the bigger risks in terms of the amount of rubbish people leave lying around and so many people using the same loos etc. I could imagine a situation where more space between tents is required and therefore less strain on toilets etc. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine it.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

That’s now, not a year from now. If you drop the Glastonbury attendance by just 10k that’s £2.5m quid which is more than it gives to charity each year, or probably more than the cost of the entire weekends headliners for every stage.

You’d then have to keep the festival the same size, with the same amount of arenas and acts otherwise the attendance decrease would be negated, but you’d have less money to book the same amount of acts, unless you charge more of course, but according to most on this thread there will be more tickets in the pot for resale because people will have less money? So actually you can’t charge more, if anything you have to charge less because you’re offering less, so you’re into a bit of a vicious circle there. Alternatively you still keep the festival the same size, reduce venues and acts and increase arena sizes, but you’re still encountering the same problems.

And with all that you’ve got to make people social distance the entire time.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I get what you're saying about crowds in front of stages (although you could imagine some kind of crowd control measures) but then could definitely impose restrictions around campsites. They could set out squares or whatever for people to camp in and have more stewards keeping an eye on it. Campsites have to be one of the bigger risks in terms of the amount of rubbish people leave lying around and so many people using the same loos etc. I could imagine a situation where more space between tests is required and therefore less strain on toilets etc. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine it.

I would’ve thought the camping areas really are of the lowest concern. They’re outdoors and although you’re camped close together, how often are you really within 1m or somebody you’re not camped with for any period of time? The weak point if you like of a festival is the large crowds gathered for acts. There is no way to make them as safe as the camping areas would be normally.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I would’ve thought the camping areas really are of the lowest concern. They’re outdoors and although you’re camped close together, how often are you really within 1m or somebody you’re not camped with for any period of time? The weak point if you like of a festival is the large crowds gathered for acts. There is no way to make them as safe as the camping areas would be normally.

As I say for me it's the amount of rubbish left strewn around: tissues, cans and cups are all really obvious vectors. And sharing water taps and toilet, but those apply all over the site. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

also if you are in a tent , close to someone you would have 2 ( hopefully waterproof ) layers of fabric between you and any neighbours ..... so in effect a face mask .... 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

But in schools it’s going in September ...

Just picking up on the return of all pupils to school in September. As my head-scratching Head Teacher buddy keeping telling me, it won't be business as usual. He's currently stressed trying to meet DoE social distancing guidance for 1,200 pupils + staff.

Just now, Lycra said:

Just picking up on the return of all pupils to school in September. As my head-scratching Head Teacher buddy keeping telling me, it won't be business as usual. He's currently stressed trying to meet DoE social distancing guidance for 1,200 pupils + staff.

I think they seem to be going for year group bubbles .... and staggered breaks .... 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

also if you are in a tent , close to someone you would have 2 ( hopefully waterproof ) layers of fabric between you and any neighbours ..... so in effect a face mask .... 

Yeah I agree. The rubbish is an issue of course, but there are ways to try and mitigate that.

I hate to be negative but in reality I think if Glastonbury had to decrease attendance and operate with SD measures then ultimately they would just be better off not happening at all. It just wouldn’t be finically viable for them and the end product would be so far removed from the normal experience it wouldn’t even be worth it. They’d be better off just cancelling next year, not incurring and further costs and setting up a crowdfunder to keep them tied over to 2022.

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

I am guessing 1st of Oct for Coach Sale and 4th for the main sale? 

I do wonder what's going to happen with coach tickets if we don't have a vaccine by next festival- if the coaches still have to do social distancing by then, there won't be enough capacity to fit everyone on them will there?

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Yes that's all part of the plan so multiple layers of social distancing are provided

then the year bubbles will join up slowly ... and it will return to one school bubble ..... over say 6 months ...... then we will start getting more of the sports events with crowds ... anyway back to october sale :) 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That’s now, not a year from now. If you drop the Glastonbury attendance by just 10k that’s £2.5m quid which is more than it gives to charity each year, or probably more than the cost of the entire weekends headliners for every stage.

You’d then have to keep the festival the same size, with the same amount of arenas and acts otherwise the attendance decrease would be negated, but you’d have less money to book the same amount of acts, unless you charge more of course, but according to most on this thread there will be more tickets in the pot for resale because people will have less money? So actually you can’t charge more, if anything you have to charge less because you’re offering less, so you’re into a bit of a vicious circle there. Alternatively you still keep the festival the same size, reduce venues and acts and increase arena sizes, but you’re still encountering the same problems.

And with all that you’ve got to make people social distance the entire time.

Yes it becomes a major issue if the covid threat doesn't dimish. Fortunately we have time for the situation to change.