October ticket sale

Hugh Jass

Just now, blutarsky said:

😂

can you get mine while you’re at it? Cheers 

If your pulse doesn't quicken at the mere mention of the phrase Ticket day you are not worthy!! The people asking would all be the worst kind of people to go as well. All Pyramid dwellers, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran probably the most modern music they know. I know I sound like a snob and that's because on this topic I absolutely am!! 

I do have one policy for ticket day and that is apart from for absolute die hards who have been royally shafted by a work shift or something like a hospital appointment I do not try and get tickets for anyone who is not also trying to get them. I have another Facebook friend who has been 3 times and he has never even been awake when tickets go on sale he's always had someone else get them for him. He asked one year if I would put him on my list. I said I would if he was awake and communicating on ticket day. Needless to say he wasn't and I didn't. I just think being willing to get up early one morning should be the absolute minimum effort required for someone to get tickets. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If your pulse doesn't quicken at the mere mention of the phrase Ticket day you are not worthy!! The people asking would all be the worst kind of people to go as well. All Pyramid dwellers, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran probably the most modern music they know. I know I sound like a snob and that's because on this topic I absolutely am!! 

I do have one policy for ticket day and that is apart from for absolute die hards who have been royally shafted by a work shift or something like a hospital appointment I do not try and get tickets for anyone who is not also trying to get them. I have another Facebook friend who has been 3 times and he has never even been awake when tickets go on sale he's always had someone else get them for him. He asked one year if I would put him on my list. I said I would if he was awake and communicating on ticket day. Needless to say he wasn't and I didn't. I just think being willing to get up early one morning should be the absolute minimum effort required for someone to get tickets. 

100% this!!!!

All my lot are always up and trying on T-day, we split into groups of groups of 6 and my mum and dad are in the groups with us.

One year, one of my dad's friends and his pal or brother or someone wanted to go, so after we'd all sorted our groups we were trying to get back in for them. Eventually my dad did get thru - he tried to phone his mate for payment (like his pal said to do) couldn't get hold of him. So my dad booked them on his card so that he didn't miss out. Anyway, about 3 hours later his mate phones "ah nice one for sorting our tickets I was still in bed!"

WELL then how much do you deserve them you lazy bastard!

5 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

100% this!!!!

All my lot are always up and trying on T-day, we split into groups of groups of 6 and my mum and dad are in the groups with us.

One year, one of my dad's friends and his pal or brother or someone wanted to go, so after we'd all sorted our groups we were trying to get back in for them. Eventually my dad did get thru - he tried to phone his mate for payment (like his pal said to do) couldn't get hold of him. So my dad booked them on his card so that he didn't miss out. Anyway, about 3 hours later his mate phones "ah nice one for sorting our tickets I was still in bed!"

WELL then how much do you deserve them you lazy bastard!

Not being funny and I'm not normally like this on many things I'll usually help anyone out but the guy I know was also someone who used to buy a cheap tent and leave it there. I think it actually contributes to the festival atmosphere and I want people there who really want to be there and for me, being willing to try and get your own ticket is the absolute minimum. Every year I have helped people in resales etc but they have to be up and trying as well. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

Not being funny and I'm not normally like this on many things I'll usually help anyone out but the guy I know was also someone who used to buy a cheap tent and leave it there. I think it actually contributes to the festival atmosphere and I want people there who really want to be there and for me, being willing to try and get your own ticket is the absolute minimum. Every year I have helped people in resales etc but they have to be up and trying as well. 

Oh yeah, absolutely!! I'm more than happy to help anybody, but they should at least be trying themselves too!!

I always think, if you really wanna go, you try your best. Sometimes it doesn't work out (2019 :() But don't leave it all down to someone else. Its not fair and also you cant be that arsed for going surely?? If you don't bother to try for your own ticket and then miss out you'd be kicking yourself all year!

As for leaving his tent every year, he sounds like a rotter :lol: just no need for it. I'd never leave my tent its like a palace :girlinlove: best thing I ever bought that!

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

As for leaving his tent every year, he sounds like a rotter :lol: just no need for it. I'd never leave my tent its like a palace :girlinlove: best thing I ever bought that!

Yes let's just say his ethics and the festivals diverged quite a bit. He voted Tory for a start. We had some excellent arguments though. He once said the left couldn't be trusted to run the country because they weren't organised enough so when he said he thought Glastonbury was the best festival ever I did point out it's wasn't bad considering a bunch of left wingers had managed to organise it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yes let's just say his ethics and the festivals diverged quite a bit. He voted Tory for a start. We had some excellent arguments though. He once said the left couldn't be trusted to run the country because they weren't organised enough so when he said he thought Glastonbury was the best festival ever I did point out it's wasn't bad considering a bunch of left wingers had managed to organise it. 

:lol::lol::lol: I'm out of upvotes but that made me LOL!!

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

100%

Although there's a chance I won't be trying myself - ticket sale October 6th and baby Blutarsky due date is October 7th. Visions of me in the delivery suite refreshing my phone non-stop...

Just now, blutarsky said:

100%

Although there's a chance I won't be trying myself - ticket sale October 6th and baby Blutarsky due date is October 7th. Visions of me in the delivery suite refreshing my phone non-stop...

The shriek of joy when tickets are purchased ... :) 

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

100%

That's the kind of exceptional circumstances I am ok with. If your gynaecologist wants to go and is on call and has to come because you have an emergency I'm fine with that as well. I'm just not fine with people who expect the only thing they have to do is turn up. The guy I'm talking about would just say things like Oh I forgot to set my alarm or I went out on a session last night and was too hungover. Those are not acceptable!!

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That's the kind of exceptional circumstances I am ok with. If your gynaecologist wants to go and is on call and has to come because you have an emergency I'm fine with that as well. I'm just not fine with people who expect the only thing they have to do is turn up. The guy I'm talking about would just say things like Oh I forgot to set my alarm or I went out on a session last night and was too hungover. Those are not acceptable!!

I did the ticket sale on 2 hours sleep after a house party last year. Very blurry eyed, but it didn't matter as we never got anywhere near anything other than a holding page. 

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I did the ticket sale on 2 hours sleep after a house party last year. Very blurry eyed, but it didn't matter as we never got anywhere near anything other than a holding page. 

But at least you were trying. 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The ones that don’t try at all are just below the ones that message about 5 minutes after the sale has started saying ‘no luck’ and sending screenshots of loading pages. I’m a very laid back guy generally but that’s one thing my mates have witnessed me lose my absolute shit over on a few occasions.  

In our ticket group we have a strict no contact policy until tickets are either all sold out or we have tickets. The last thing you want to be doing is looking at your phone when you should be hitting F5

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

In our ticket group we have a strict no contact policy until tickets are either all sold out or we have tickets. The last thing you want to be doing is looking at your phone when you should be hitting F5

That’s what we have now after several lectures and pep talks over the years. Mind you my group had evolved somewhat. I used to go with a couple who are bloody annoying. One year at 9 on the dot they were messaging the group to ask what the website was again. They got ditched back in 2016 and haven’t been since.

It blows my mind how anyone can be sending messages on their phone, as opposed to refreshing the holding page on it instead though. The received WhatsApp messages also block the refresh icon on your own phone as well.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The ones that don’t try at all are just below the ones that message about 5 minutes after the sale has started saying ‘no luck’ and sending screenshots of loading pages. I’m a very laid back guy generally but that’s one thing my mates have witnessed me lose my absolute shit over on a few occasions.  

Because we have lots of people who don't know each other helping. I have in the past been a comms person between them with the strict only message you send is Group A secured onto Group B that kind of messaging! Can't be doing with people sending messages saying "I can't even get the page to load can you?" I usually ignore those. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

Because we have lots of people who don't know each other helping. I have in the past been a comms person between them with the strict only message you send is Group A secured onto Group B that kind of messaging! Can't be doing with people sending messages saying "I can't even get the page to load can you?" I usually ignore those. 

Yeah that’s a bit different, a functional message like that is fine and serves a purpose. I just can’t get my head round how people can’t comprehend clicks/refreshes = chances anything else you’re doing is wasting those chances. To be fair to some of my mates they’d never tried in the coach sale before, but I actually talked them through it beforehand and what to do etc. Last year I got constant screen shots and pictures throughout “it’s not letting me choose the right amount” etc etc. Then they started talking amongst themselves about how I was clearly annoyed and wasn’t responding to them “Where is he, maybe he’s got them” nothing boils my piss more. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah that’s a bit different, a functional message like that is fine and serves a purpose. I just can’t get my head round how people can’t comprehend clicks/refreshes = chances anything else you’re doing is wasting those chances. To be fair to some of my mates they’d never tried in the coach sale before, but I actually talked them through it beforehand and what to do etc. Last year I got constant screen shots and pictures throughout “it’s not letting me choose the right amount” etc etc. Then they started talking amongst themselves about how I was clearly annoyed and wasn’t responding to them “Where is he, maybe he’s got them” nothing boils my piss more. 

Yes I get you Iike to think I'm  a fairly chilled, laid back sort of person but when it comes to the Glastonbury process there are some things I realise I am quite precise in my expectations. 

I have warned people this year who have volunteered to help that what I am expecting is for them not to get on but if they keep pressing f5 a miracle might happen!!

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I get you Iike to think I'm  a fairly chilled, laid back sort of person but when it comes to the Glastonbury process there are some things I realise I am quite precise in my expectations. 

I have warned people this year who have volunteered to help that what I am expecting is for them not to get on but if they keep pressing f5 a miracle might happen!!

Someone has got to get them 🤞👍

23 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

he is almost as famous as you now @Superscally 😉

If i am lucky enough to get a cider for the both of you on the farm, i can bask in your respective reflected glory 😎

It's your moment next! Nothing would make me happier than sharing a bev with you lads. Had my first Efests meet nailed on last year then my Oxfam shift clashed!! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Someone has got to get them 🤞👍

Yes but I say it mainly to ward off all the questions of 'I can't even see a website'. I have recruited lots of people who have never been, would never go to Glastonbury and some of them are not very tech savvy so I've just set the expectation that they probably won't see anything and if a form appears that they have to fill in just try and fill it in as quick as possible.