October ticket sale

Hugh Jass

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't think about the impact of localised lockdowns. If those are still a thing what happens if you area goes into one just before the gates open? Would they have to plan for stuff like this?

im sure they will go through every kind of scenario possible .....and even read threads like this to check they dont miss anything .....there are some areas of the country that get very large numbers of tickets ...... ... but anyway festival is a year away so hopefully this won't need to happen and any outbreaks like that might have even been controlled by the app ( fingers crossed its out by then ) 

55 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

There are loads of factors at play. If they decide to move exams (GCSEs & A-Levels) to late June/July that will impact too.

For the love of God, please let this not happen. I couldn't bear knowing that I should be there, as I have a ticket and the festival is on, but I can't because of an exam.

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

For the love of God, please let this not happen. I couldn't bear knowing that I should be there, as I have a ticket and the festival is on, but I can't because of an exam.

Really hope this doesn’t happen to you, would be awful. 
Charm x

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im sure they will go through every kind of scenario possible .....and even read threads like this to check they dont miss anything .....there are some areas of the country that get very large numbers of tickets ...... ... but anyway festival is a year away so hopefully this won't need to happen and any outbreaks like that might have even been controlled by the app ( fingers crossed its out by then ) 

I actually don't expect the app to happen at all now tbh.

10 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I hope it doesn't have an impact on you! 🤞 

The new education guidelines should indicate whether it will later in the week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charm said:

Really hope this doesn’t happen to you, would be awful. 
Charm x

Thanks. Worst case scenario, if I had an exam on the Friday and Monday, we'd travel down from Manchester on the Friday, hopefully making it in time to see a headliner. Spend all of Saturday there, and most of Sunday, but spend Sunday evening travelling back.

I think the Mendip Climate Emergency Management Plan which is coming into force now may make a lot of difference, legislation to support and enable the transition to zero emission transport in the district, and zero waste will be the Festival's only stumbling blocks - as they're so good in energy, food provision, recycling, and land use. It's the changes in transport use that could prove interesting, and may mean ticket holders review their ways of getting to the Festival, or reconsider - and that may free up tickets to those with a greener ethos.

I did ask for an interview with the festival about their plans to deal with the Climate Emergency legislation - but haven't heard back yet. I presume when I asked it wasn't such an issue as it will be for the 2021 event.

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/media/24108/Mendip-District-Council-Climate-Emergency-Plan/pdf/MDC_Climate_Emergency_Plan.pdf?m=637187651593030000

Edited by 5co77ie

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

Thanks. Worst case scenario, if I had an exam on the Friday and Monday, we'd travel down from Manchester on the Friday, hopefully making it in time to see a headliner. Spend all of Saturday there, and most of Sunday, but spend Sunday evening travelling back.

Really hope it works out for you. 
Charm x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It also depends on how much they decide to publicise any October sale. Obviously in a normal year there is a fairly big publicity drive to raise awareness, emails sent out to existing registrations etc so everyone is primed and ready. They’ll know how many tickets there are and if there are only a few will they bother to whip everyone up into a ticket buying frenzy this year if there are hardly any to sell.

Being entirely selfish I would have liked them to close new registrations when they canceled this year. It would have given people who missed out for 2020 tickets slightly more hope in October. I guess that there is no business reason for them to do that, but I do wonder if having no realistic chance of getting tickets for 21 will lead to some people to moving on? 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Given the hospitality sector which provides employment to the younger element & students is one of the worst Covid effected industries its probable this will affect the attendence of some thereby boosting the resale. There will be others similarly affected. Others will relinquish tickets as their social circle changes/disbands. But given the October resale is as far away as the begining of lockdown was and the virus is still around affecting our daily lives, it's difficult to predict what will happen. 

Until the pandemic is brought under significant control, either naturally or by controlled heath actions, or by vaccination, social distancing will remain for the mantra for the foreseeable future and crowd sizes will be restricted. 

Restricted crowd sizes won’t ever be a thing. It would be pointless and make no difference.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Worst case scenario, you won’t have any exams on Saturday or Sunday! Live the dream those days! 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I think im going to stick ... im not helping myself with the weight issue as it is !!  people like to try it on and are quite surprised its heavy !!!

I saw an image of you post Glastonbury after dealing with the hat for five days...

f3348eee708a435e752db40fc03350b8--big-mu

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It also depends on how much they decide to publicise any October sale. Obviously in a normal year there is a fairly big publicity drive to raise awareness, emails sent out to existing registrations etc so everyone is primed and ready. They’ll know how many tickets there are and if there are only a few will they bother to whip everyone up into a ticket buying frenzy this year if there are hardly any to sell.

Lets hope you're right - no advertising please GF.

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

The BBC coverage of Glastonbury this year was effectively a greatest hits and even amongst people I know I have seen an increased number of people who have decided it's a bucket list item. 

It's a long 3 months from now until October - 95% of bucket-listers who've just jumped on the bandwagon will have fallen off by then.

54 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Lets hope you're right - no advertising please GF.

It's a long 3 months from now until October - 95% of bucket-listers who've just jumped on the bandwagon will have fallen off by then.

Oh yes but amongst my Facebook Friends (I use the term Facebook Friends to indicate that they are not really friends - most are just acquaintances) I had about 15 people tag me or ask me questions about going. In an average year I probably get about 5. Of those 5 on average 1 will look to go and actually register to get a ticket. If that rings true then x3 uplift will mean that 3 will try this year. I did my best to be as offputting as possible especially with the one who wanted to go because Coldplay looked so awesome :D 

I did point out that wanting to go doesn't make it so as one of them tagged me and then 2 or 3 others started talking about how I could show them all around!! I basically said I'm unlikely to be there and I'll be trying my hardest with an international team on the job. So many just asking would I just get them a ticket when I'm getting my own :D :D Oh that it were all so easy!!