October ticket sale

Hugh Jass

Coupled with a lot of people not wanting to work who ordinarily would be happy to. Some will be happy greeting 1000s at the gates, others not so much.

A lot will depend on medical treatments/vaccines etc.

Very difficult to put a number on it. 

Edited by March Hare

I have said this for a while... it really is difficult to predict. 

I think October will be REALLY limited - the majority will have held on. Even those who weren't going to go this year (put their tickets back) will probably hold because they can. Many will hold out to see how life progresses over winter and spring. 

I think April will have a better number of tickets but with the fallout of more demand due to a (hopefully) post Covid perspective. 

Yet still I hold out hope...!!!

The fact they were auto-rolled over (a bit like pension auto-enrolment massively increasing uptake) is a big behavioural nudge not to get a refund. If you had to confirm you still wanted to attend in 2021 I would’ve expecting a lot more tickets available in re-sales. As of now, I highly doubt it’s a big number. 

But to add to what I said too... I do think they held some back in the original sale as the resale date (originally) was announced the same time as the general sale date which was a first! 

Or I am clinging to straws.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

Ah the joys of the differing opinions :) .... Its initially just £50 but if you also know you will need to pay another £200 minimum on just the ticket a few months later .... without all the other costs thrown in ...... It is a luxury and if unfortunately you have no job its one of the first things thats going to get shelved ... potentially for something cheaper , although its still amazing value for a family its still awfull lot of money 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

But to add to what I said too... I do think they held some back in the original sale as the resale date (originally) was announced the same time as the general sale date which was a first! 

Or I am clinging to straws.

Did they?? I didn't know about that!!

Thats definitely a plus for anyone still needing a ticket i think!!  

11 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I do agree with that but if you're struggling for money, I know its only 50 quid.. but if you've got nowt its 50 quid!

Aye this is where I'm at. People will be making savings where they can, and if you've been made redundant keeping on to the ticket is probably lower priority. I think the number could be higher than people think.

I also think some, perhaps the first timers, won't appreciate how difficult it is to get tickets and will just throw them in the pot and decide next year. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye this is where I'm at. People will be making savings where they can, and if you've been made redundant keeping on to the ticket is probably lower priority. I think the number could be higher than people think.

I also think some, perhaps the first timers, won't appreciate how difficult it is to get tickets and will just throw them in the pot and decide next year. 

this 100%

If you don't have a lot of excess income anyway and find yourself on 80% wages it could really make you question if keeping hold of that ticket is worth it.

I'm fortunate to still be working, still getting my full pay but if it was me on 80% wage with not a lot of spare money every month anyway, if that wage went down id have to really consider if i could keep that ticket. 

9 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

this 100%

If you don't have a lot of excess income anyway and find yourself on 80% wages it could really make you question if keeping hold of that ticket is worth it.

I'm fortunate to still be working, still getting my full pay but if it was me on 80% wage with not a lot of spare money every month anyway, if that wage went down id have to really consider if i could keep that ticket. 

And it's all for an event which, at this stage, isn't certain to happen. Not only is Glastonbury a luxury, it's currently a fantasy as well. 

I don't think they will have any issues selling it out, but certainly during this period of such uncertainty I can see many throwing their ticket back in the pot.

• Upvote 1

There is still so much water to flow under the bridge regarding Covid. It's not yet under control here in the UK; in some countries its dimishing but not gone, whilst in others it's spiralling uncontrollably. Then there's the ever present threat of a second wave. Against such a fog of uncertainty we'd probably have a better chance of naming the 2022 headliners rather than what will or won't happen regarding the 2021 fest. You can only deal with what's in front of you however!

Combine a years' delay with economic hardship, waning friendships, reduced international travel and crowd anxiety and I can foresee more tickets being relinquished than expected. This may not happen by October but April will be very interesting; especially if there is a prolonged slow recovery.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

I still think they’ll hold off from the resale and possibly have a reduced capacity (although won’t be hugely reduced just by that I suppose)

Yeah, my hunch would be they would reduce capacity to appease licensers getting nervous about covid in 2021.

Another important thing is international tickets, I wonder how many people from abroad are going to pay for something they’re not even sure they’ll be able to attend - Australia, New Zealand, Gulf States etc. all have banned their citizens from traveling at the moment for example. 

And even if they can come, they’ll all be seeing how badly we’re dealing with CV and know their travel insurance won’t cover them 

Edited by kemosabe
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Another important thing is international tickets, I wonder how many people from abroad are going to pay for something they’re 

And even if they can come, they’ll all be seeing how badly we’re dealing with CV and know their travel insurance won’t cover them 

or they'll just use common sense, whether their insurance covers them or not, and they'll value their lives more!

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I suppose the other side of this coin is whether there will be fewer people trying than usual come T-Day.

well you can already take out the numbers that have already been successful and its likely they will mostly be among the most organised \(with some lucky exceptions ) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well you can already take out the numbers that have already been successful and its likely they will mostly be among the most organised \(with some lucky exceptions ) 

True, but I’d bet those same groups will be trying for less successful friends.

You’re more likely to see a decline a casual/speculative punters than the dedicated hardcore.

Surely the fact that you actively had to seek out a refund will have a big impact, of course money might be an issue for some, but it’s £50 they shelled out last October. I can’t personally see the logic for anyone asking for a refund so soon when they could do so much nearer to the festival. I know you lose a bit doing that but it’s a non reversible decision so probably worth the small potential loss.

Festival was cancelled in March, balance would’ve been due in April. So you’ll have the normal amount of tickets you’d have in a resale any given year. Beyond that I can’t personally imagine they’ll be many more on top of usual resale numbers, for the reasons stated about. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-ticket-price-number-sale-4277163

just been sent this ... dont read massive amounts into the clickbait nature of Somerset Live though .... so some is sensationalist headlines 

And best of all dont forget there are now 4 chances if you are able to do buses .... and more if you fancy work options ... id be surprised if those numbers dont increase for safety reasons 

Screenshot_20200630-203152_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2