October ticket sale

Hugh Jass

Been thinking about this a lot as Mrs J couldn’t go this year but wants to go in 2021 - how many people do we think have actually returned their deposits? I can’t see there being a huge number, even wondering if they’ll skip October and just have a slightly bigger resale in April.

Yeah, sorry to disappoint Mrs Jass but I'd be amazed if there'll be any significant number having returned tickets.  If they'd been more vague about what would happen to them for next year then maybe, but since they've been really clear on tix being carried over I think people will cling onto them like gold dust.

But having said that, some will bound to have been returned so who knows?

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

even wondering if they’ll skip October and just have a slightly bigger resale in April.

I think this is the case? 2020 ticket holders pay off the remaining balance in April 21 then the usual resale after https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Edit: Ignore me, just read the cancellation statement there is an October sale

Edited by thrillhouse188

some that will have already made plans to do things in advance , some of the bucket listers for the 50th , and unfortunately some whose circumstances have changed and will be changing soon with furlough schemes coming to an end may have already made the decision that a festival is an added and unnecessary expense ..... but id probably go with more being available in April than normal as the current refund would just be the deposit amount ..... but ive seen polls of late of other festivals having 20% returning .... so all is not lost ...

• Upvote 2

There may be a few thousand returned due to people not so flush as they were pre cv.

Also, any thoughts on site capacity?  Pretty sure they were permitted an increase for this year but as 2021 is looking to be even more popular and a "double celebration"  they might be able to throw another 15k in the pot.

Was about to post this in resale thread but might be more appropriate here. I know of nine others who were successful in getting tickets. Two have definitely asked for their deposits back so those tickets are in the October sale. Another two are almost certainly going to cancel due to a family situation but are just waiting until next year to cancel. So that’s for April resale . Everyone else is definitely going, plus us of course! Hopefully all on here are successful, keep the faith! 

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, sorry to disappoint Mrs Jass but I'd be amazed if there'll be any significant number having returned tickets.  If they'd been more vague about what would happen to them for next year then maybe, but since they've been really clear on tix being carried over I think people will cling onto them like gold dust.

But having said that, some will bound to have been returned so who knows?

Yeah they’ll have been some returned, but if it is such a small amount it might not be worth the effort and cost of getting See to overload their servers when they could just add them to the April pot.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-ticket-price-number-sale-4277163

just been sent this ... dont read massive amounts into the clickbait nature of Somerset Live though .... so some is sensationalist headlines 

And best of all dont forget there are now 4 chances if you are able to do buses .... and more if you fancy work options ... id be surprised if those numbers dont increase for safety reasons 

Edited by crazyfool1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah they’ll have been some returned, but if it is such a small amount it might not be worth the effort and cost of getting See to overload their servers when they could just add them to the April pot.

Fingers crossed.  What would be the plan with Mini Jass, off to grandparents?

Hope all's well there btw :)

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Fingers crossed.  What would be the plan with Mini Jass, off to grandparents?

Hope all's well there btw :)

Yeah the Junior Jasses would be shipped away to their grandparents. Not quite ready yet to do it with kids.

All great though, thanks for asking. Hope you’re well too.

I am hoping that a lot of tickets are going to be returned, but sadly I also think that they might just end up skipping the October sale. The probability of me being on the farm in 21 appears to be vanishingly low. Up until this weekend I was okay with the idea of missing out (I've had a good run etc...). However watching all of the footage gave me real pangs. 

as mentioned above, I really think it will depend on the state of the economy by the time of the next sale. Less people in work means more tickets.

I need a ticket (well two), and this would work in my favour, however, really don't want people to lose their jobs just so i can have a party.  

Not having an October re-sale period would mean them missing out on quite a chunk of money that could help set up. 

Ordinarily they'd get £6.75 million from the deposits in October. Assuming say 5% have returned tickets (7,000) if they sold those and the other new 7,000 capacity that's potentially £750,000 of just deposit money to use for the festival from October to April. 

So I'd be surprised if there isn't an October sale, the only reason not to would potentially be if they thought it might not happen...

4 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

I mentioned it in another thread, but a friend of a friend of mine is high up in the festival world and she thinks there'll be more ticket returns than we expect.

Unfortunately can imagine finances being an issue for people.

Out of interest was there any word on people who returned tickets for 2020 who would have kept tickets for 2021? Probably too small a sample to worry about but that would be particularly annoying!

I feel like there will be more returns this year as i think finances will have an impact and i think there will be a population who do not feel comfortable being in large crowds even if this all blows over by next year. 

But i would expect them to have a large re-sale in april rather than split the two unless there have been a considerable volume of tickets returned 

32 minutes ago, sisco said:

I still think they’ll hold off from the resale and possibly have a reduced capacity (although won’t be hugely reduced just by that I suppose)

If its not massively reduced then I don't see the point. Its all or nothing

edit: and if it was massively reduced it wouldn't be financially viable

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 2

how many people will be too scared to think about doing a festival tho so far in advance with allll this shit still going on?

SO many people I've spoken to are still really, really concerned about going anywhere... Fair enough these people don't have any interest in Glastonbury, but they are scared about holidays and aren't booking anything for next year

Maybe some people will be too worried?

(was trying to bring some of big ds positivity into this thread but reading it back it feels a lot more sad than i intended it to be sorry everyone)