The silver lining for this year

gigpusher

All over the weekend one thing that I kept thinking about was that it must be lovely for the Eavii to have a year that they can sit back and relax and properly bask in the love that we all have for the festival. I always think about them every year when I am there knowing that they never really get to relax and enjoy it the way we all can (a bit like when you are the host of a party but times a million). 

It must have been nice to be able to watch their best achievements and to feel that outpouring of love. Hopefully the experience will leave them re-invigorated and with renewed energy going forward. They are a remarkable family who have created something truly wonderful and i bet they don't often have a chance to catch a breath and reflect on that. 

It also gives them two whole years to plan things! Like they already have a festival (layout/ plans/ new stuff) ready to go from this year, but can add stuff or think about things for another year so nothing is rushed. Also much more of the line up will be ready from the get go this time, as I am sure many of the acts will confirm they will still take the same place they were offered for 2020. Finally, the fields will have got another fallowing! It will have been five years since the last time they were truly trashed by all of us.  

Hopefully this leads to more innovation and an overall less stressful time for them. 

9 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

We are all still here and although the virus cancelled Glastonbury Festival 2020 it is not spreading and killing people as fast as it was, and it did not cancel our Glastonbury Spirit And Support which is stronger than ever!! 

And I hope for once they got to bask in the glow of the spirit they created rather than running around worrying about crowds here and getting wood chip to there and all the other logistics. 

Also apart from people snarking about whether they thought certain headliners deserved to be there or not I just thought the overwhelming feel of all the coverage was what a wonderful thing they've created and how much it is missed in our lives. It was nice that it was all so positive. 

• Upvote 1