I messed up! Learn from my mistake.

Woffy

1 hour ago, alien said:

DO NOT USE YOUR EXPENSIVE PHONE IN THE TOILETS, in fact it is probably a safe bet to just not use any phone in the toilet. If you're in the toilet, concentrate on doing your business only!

Sincerely, a girl I watched screaming and crying her eyes out complaining to a steward that she had dropped her new iPhone in the compost toilet.

At first I thought a person must have fell in from how badly she was screaming, it was all very unglastonbury the amount of fuss she was making over a phone

what is a glastonbury amount of fuss to make over dropping your phone in other peoples excrement? 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yes... you do need a pillow. I know it might feel excessive to bring one but trust me you won’t regret having one! I honestly don’t know how people do festivals without one. A blow up pillow / a jacket just doesn’t cut it. Needs to be a proper pillow.

I know sleep isn’t a massive thing but the occasional winks you do catch are much better when you have a proper pillow.

Honestly I can’t stress how important it is to bring one. It really helps the entire weekend. Everyone always comments on my pillow collection at festivals but it’s usually a “gah wish I brought that”.

I've got a small padded rucksack shaped like a turtle shell that I use to carry my daily stuff around in, once I've got a hoody or two in there it's soft enough to use as a pillow. Not quite the same as a proper pillow though. If you have the room to bring one then do so. I usually come by coach so pretty limited on how much I can bring in.

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

From memory:

• Dont always give into your tired mind. It's something I haven't done a few years and regret it. If it's midnight and you're tired, get a shot of espresso and keep going. Glasto is 5 days a year and can sometimes be years between going. Make the most of every moment. I often give up on the late night areas because of the queues, which i cant stand, but when i have fought through that i've had amazing nights.

I'm the opposite. I always say listen to your body, if you need to rest, rest. You need to get through to the Sunday night and if that means skipping a Friday Sub for a nap then so be it. 

Exception is Sunday when you need to power through.

Don't pass out, half sticking out of your tent, in the afternoon sun without a ton of sun block on. If your friend does this, wake him up if you see him.

If you take a trolley or whatever, make sure the thing has proper chunky rubber tyres to cope with the mud and boardwalks. Do not skimp and buy a cheap trolley with hard/shopping trolley type wheels.

Take drugs responsibly if you're that way inclined. I witnessed the guy in 2014 who overdosed on ketamine.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

None. Dive in after it, job done :D

That caused me to Google the Leeds Festival story again. 

I was disappointed as I always thought she fell into the long drop. Not that id wish that on anyone! The story just doesn't have the same weight anymore.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/charlotte-taylor-gets-stuck-toilet-4472827

Edited by vintagelaureate

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That caused me to Google theeeds Festival story again. 

I was disappointed as I always thought she fell into the long drop. Not that id wish that on anyone! The story just doesn't have the same weight anymore.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/charlotte-taylor-gets-stuck-toilet-4472827

I bumped into her the year after. She was constantly being recognised on site. I can’t remember if she still smelled. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I did wonder why we didn't see you at R&F last year. Was looking forward to a beer, but given that you would have turned up smelling of piss I'm gonna be honest and say that I'm kinda glad you didn't :D

I told @SwedgeAntilles this tale on Twitter. I believe his only response was:

”oh, mate”

Said it all really!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, One Tonne Baby said:

From memory:

• Dont always give into your tired mind. It's something I haven't done a few years and regret it. If it's midnight and you're tired, get a shot of espresso and keep going. Glasto is 5 days a year and can sometimes be years between going. Make the most of every moment. I often give up on the late night areas because of the queues, which i cant stand, but when i have fought through that i've had amazing nights.

This is a good one. There's something quite gutting about being back in your tent having peaked early and all you can hear is what sounds like literally everyone else outside and having fun. Of course, they'll be feeling the same tomorrow and you can't hear your neighbours that are similarly in bed! 

2 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

omg what happened?

Travelling down on the Wednesday with my two daughters, stressed with work loads of things going on, trying to do everything.

I managed to pick up one envelope containing booking confirmations but left the other envelope containing the tickets.

We joked on the way down about forgetting tickets as i continued to feel the envelope in my shorts.

Got to the car park and was stopped for a random car check.

Discovered i couldn't find the tickets but had confirmation email and other bits.

Went in to PED Gate A, ticket office, spend more than 4 hours with helpful people trying to find a solution with everyone convincing me that it would be sorted and we'd get on site.

I finally got to the person with the power who categorically said NO!

Phoned my brother in law who kindly drove down to meet me and we met around half way back up towards Liverpool.

Came back to site got to pre booked tent with Camp Lite (thank god I'd booked that) around 2am

Missed all of Wednesday 

Felt a prat!

I will say that the security team at PED Gate A were fantastic and helpful, and sympathetic. They even agreed to mind our gear until we got back 

9 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Travelling down on the Wednesday with my two daughters, stressed with work loads of things going on, trying to do everything.

I managed to pick up one envelope containing booking confirmations but left the other envelope containing the tickets.

We joked on the way down about forgetting tickets as i continued to feel the envelope in my shorts.

Discovered i couldn't find the tickets but had confirmation email and other bits.

Went in to PED Gate A, ticket office, spend more than 4 hours with helpful people trying to find a solution with everyone convincing me that it would be sorted and we'd get on site.

Phoned my brother in law who kindly drove down to meet me and we met around half way back up towards Liverpool.

Came back to site got to pre booked tent with Camp Lite (thank god I'd booked that) around 2am

Missed all of Wednesday 

Felt a prat!

I will say that the security team at PED Gate A were fantastic and helpful, and sympathetic. They even agreed to mind our gear until we got back 

Oh God what a nightmare.  At least you got it sorted in the end, not an ideal start to the proceedings though

2 hours ago, rosieangel said:

When it looks like it's going to be scorchio (2019), don't forget that it will actually be chilly at nights and so you'll need some warm clothes to change into!!

This. On the Wednesday last year we had to go back to our tent to get jumpers for the evening, although it was still 19 degrees, cause it had been so warm during the day it made us feel very cold. 

Don’t follow mates , And don’t feel the pressure to be ‘sensible ‘ and go to bed . I can run at glasto on v minimal sleep , but too many times I trudged back to my tent with the gang as ‘felt I should ‘ , last year I stayed out , I didn’t feel guilty , I had a brilliant time and was still up and out earlier than everyone . 

have your own Glastonbury and don’t spend time trying to please everyone else 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Missed all of Wednesday 

Felt a prat!

You have lived through my waking nightmare! Every time I have been I have to constantly re-assure myself that I have the tickets, check them each time we stop on the way down, show them to everyone else, put them carefully back. I have dreams about it in the weeks coming up to the festival. I am convinced that I am going to be turned away at the gate with a "poor fake", the stress is worse than ticket day! I confess that several times I have punched the air once through the gate like I've just won the FA cup.

That's what Glastonbury does to you.

I bought a double duvet and wrapped it around me on a camping bed at my first Glastonbury Bad mistake as it kept coming off. The second one I bought two sleeping bags one inside the other which was brilliant but bulky to carry. The next time I bought a duck down sleeping bag, second hand on e bay.. GAME ON 

The year they sprayed shit into the dance tent instead of sucking the mud up.. 97 I think me and me mate were happily acting like drug dealers handing out the middle of polo mints.. Any way my mate triple dropped on the real shit and collapsed and the ambulance had a take him away.. 

Anyway due us handing out these polo middles it seems we had brought our area on top and we started to get shit from the real dealers..... Long story short cos it got a bit outa hand with old bill and things we vacated our one tent between 12 and fucked off to the traveler's field where we felt safer llol.. 

Point of story don't upset your neighbours... You'll always have a better festival 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1