Mike Scott’s Glastonbury diary

Watergirl

In 2007 the Waterboys played the festival three times, headlining Avalon and Acoustic and playing an early slot on the Sunday on the Pyramid.

Mike Scott wrote a diary about this. I read it at the time on the Waterboys website, from where it has gone now.   I just found it again, albeit a shorter version, published by the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2007/jun/25/glastonburyfestivalpartylik

Edited by Watergirl

3 hours ago, Watergirl said:

In 2007 the Waterboys played the festival three times, headlining Avalon and Acoustic and playing an early slot on the Sunday on the Pyramid.

Mike Scott wrote a diary about this. I read it at the time on the Waterboys website, from where it has gone now.   I just found it again, albeit a shorter version, published by the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2007/jun/25/glastonburyfestivalpartylik

I recall a year when The Waterboys played The Acoustic Tent. No, I don't, actually. I recall being in that tent and waiting and waiting for them to appear. Then, because I was mushroomed off my nut, I told my mate that I've got to go back to the camp site. He wanted to stay, so did. He later told me that they were so late playing that they got booed before coming on. I was then informed later that they weren't late, or not even set up properly. Apparently it was just that they were being w*nkers. Not sure if it's true or not. I haven't (yet) read the link in the opening post, so don't know if it's mentioned there. It's just what I heard, right?

Don't worry that I'm a slack bastard when it comes on to passing on information, because I know that under close concentrated scrutiny / questioning that's not the case.

Hope you're all having a fab evening.