Guardian Interview with the Eavii

BluePaul

Upon the cancellation of the 20 event, they didnt confirm whether the ticket prices for 2021. How happy are people to pay a chunk more come October to help shore up the balance sheet and help put on an extra special show to celebrate? 

I know people from all economic backgrounds go to glastonbury but personally i would be happy to pay an extra £100 as a one off due to the circumstances.

Just now, aj6658 said:

Upon the cancellation of the 20 event, they didnt confirm whether the ticket prices for 2021. How happy are people to pay a chunk more come October to help shore up the balance sheet and help put on an extra special show to celebrate? 

I know people from all economic backgrounds go to glastonbury but personally i would be happy to pay an extra £100 as a one off due to the circumstances.

It will be the standard price rise of £10 ish would be my guess ... 

Michael seemed spooked about next year being cancelled when interviewed by Lauren on telly over the weekend. I've taken his "we can't manage two cancellations" as a panicked threat rather than a throwaway line. I'm sure he is more informed/aware than any of us that running this festival whilst the pandemic is still present isnt tenable. Short of a vaccine it can't proceed. He himself is at huge risk.

19 hours ago, Wooderson said:

He himself is at huge risk.

he's certainly of the dangerous age, but I suspect he's probably one of the safest of that age. Not a smoker, not a drinker, swims every day, and appears to have more energy than a B*witched video* 

(* kids, google for it :P ).

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would he even need to be on site?  Other than because he loves to be in amongst it.

I'd guess he wouldn't need to be, but I reckon it'd be difficult to keep him away.

53 minutes ago, Neil said:

he's certainly of the dangerous age, but I suspect he's probably one of the safest of that age. Not a smoker, not a drinker, swims every day, and appears to have more energy than a B*witched video* 

(* kids, google for it :P ).

Yep, he's a trojan, geddit. But being the safest in the most dangerous age is still unnecessary risk.

Hopefully he chills out over the next months. No one needs the absolutes he uses "it will be curtains" when we're in the midst of a global pandemic and his open-field festival format is just about the most challenging thing to negotiate. Emily's leadership should come to the fore if the old man is going to be as binary. Similar to a lot of older people who feel theyre not getting the time back, I can understand Michael's take. But it ain't helpful. This festival ain't running without huge scientific breakthrough.

What is unsafe though? Pubs will open nationwide from Saturday and be open 7 days a week. Sure they’ll have social distancing measures in place, but are they completely ‘safe’?

Unless you’re a premiership footballer there isn’t anything you can do right now that doesn’t carry some risk and why should festivals be any different. If they can work out a plan for them to operate with an agreeable level of risk then why wouldn’t they.