Guardian Interview with the Eavii

BluePaul

9 hours ago, BluePaul said:

She said they had “drafted and modelled four different [contingency] plans for next year”

I wonder what the contingency plans are? 

1) virus testing before entry

2) changing the date?- if there is a second peak set up through April/may would be in the tail end of it so maybe moving the festival to the August Bank Holiday or something (the first festival was in September)

3) corporate sponsors to see them through to 2022?? Some brands would pay a lot to sponsor bits of the site. If it's between that and bankruptcy

4)?????

20 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

She said they had “drafted and modelled four different [contingency] plans for next year”

I wonder what the contingency plans are? 

1) virus testing before entry

2) changing the date?- if there is a second peak set up through April/may would be in the tail end of it so maybe moving the festival to the August Bank Holiday or something (the first festival was in September)

3) corporate sponsors to see them through to 2022?? Some brands would pay a lot to sponsor bits of the site. If it's between that and bankruptcy

4)?????

4th could be no resale and limited capacity i guesd 

13 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Outside of that, I dont want to, but it seems like the best choice would be to try to catch the virus early next april to ensure Glastonbury entry.

1. There's no firm evidence that if you do get it you'll have antibodies and will not get it again

2. If you get it, there's no telling whether you'll be unlucky and suffer badly

3. While you're trying to get it, you won't know for 3/4 days and will infect others

Please reconsider

10 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

1. There's no firm evidence that if you do get it you'll have antibodies and will not get it again

3. While you're trying to get it, you won't know for 3/4 days and will infect others

Please reconsider

Everyone needs to take the current instructions seriously and avoid scenes like we witnessed on beaches etc yesterday. Maybe then this virus could be suppressed. It will be interesting to see what the infection rate will be in a few weeks time. 

5 Stage plan for live performances has been announced. Currently on stage 2, next stage includes outdoor performances - so we are on the right track for next year 

• Stage One - Rehearsal and training (no audiences and adhering to social distancing guidelines)
  • Stage Two - Performances for broadcast and recording purposes (adhering to social distancing guidelines)
  • Stage Three - Performances outdoors with an audience plus pilots for indoor performances with a limited distance audience
  • Stage Four - Performances allowed indoors/outdoors (but with a limited distanced audience indoors)
  • Stage Five - Performances allowed indoors/outdoors (with a fuller audience indoors)

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

This was my thought when I read the article. I’m sure a lot of people would claim they’re “selling out” or something stupid but if they have to do it to survive then so be it.

Edited by DareToDibble

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Please reconsider

With regards to point one there is no firm evidence you dont have immunity yet either. The virus has been around for 6 months with nobody being reinfected. its generally considered that you'll have some sort of immunity just maybe not indefinitely. There are also cases with people having been asymptomatic and tested positive yet had no antibodies, so there is a strong possibility some people have a natural immunity without having antibodies.

Point two is really a question of age. For under thirties it really is a non event. Yes no doubt you can dig up some examples of someone under thirty having a bad outcome, as you could with flu or just about any other illness you can think of, but you can also find examples of millions upon millions of under thirties who didn't even know they had it. if the OP is under thirty then they have a greater risk of dying traveling to the festival or at the festival than from covid.

Taking the above two points into account unless a suitable vaccine is developed relatively soon, the harsh reality is everyone will get it eventually just like everyone gets a cold or the flu. So for some people it would seem rather daft to actively try to avoid it and have a far less enjoyable life when they cant avoid it forever anyway.

2 hours ago, phimill said:

5 Stage plan for live performances has been announced. Currently on stage 2, next stage includes outdoor performances - so we are on the right track for next year 

• Stage One - Rehearsal and training (no audiences and adhering to social distancing guidelines)
  • Stage Two - Performances for broadcast and recording purposes (adhering to social distancing guidelines)
  • Stage Three - Performances outdoors with an audience plus pilots for indoor performances with a limited distance audience
  • Stage Four - Performances allowed indoors/outdoors (but with a limited distanced audience indoors)
  • Stage Five - Performances allowed indoors/outdoors (with a fuller audience indoors)

Is that a government plan?

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Is that a government plan?

Yes.....announced by Culture Secretary yesterday.

The fact that there is no requirement for outdoor distancing highlighted is a very big positive....unless we read it as limited distance audience required for both indoor and outdoor at Stage 3 🤔

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 1

Ok, so NME quotes it differently....and indicates to distancing outdoors until Stage 5.

By stage three, performances outdoors would be allowed to take place with socially-distant audiences present. Alongside this, “pilots” for indoor performances with a more limited audience number would also take place.

Stage four would see performances resuming both indoors and outdoors but with limited, socially distanced audiences. By stage five, performances would continue but with fuller audiences. The government has not yet given a time frame of when it expects stages 3, 4 and 5 to begin.

52 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

With regards to point one there is no firm evidence you dont have immunity yet either. The virus has been around for 6 months with nobody being reinfected. its generally considered that you'll have some sort of immunity just maybe not indefinitely. There are also cases with people having been asymptomatic and tested positive yet had no antibodies, so there is a strong possibility some people have a natural immunity without having antibodies.

Point two is really a question of age. For under thirties it really is a non event. Yes no doubt you can dig up some examples of someone under thirty having a bad outcome, as you could with flu or just about any other illness you can think of, but you can also find examples of millions upon millions of under thirties who didn't even know they had it. if the OP is under thirty then they have a greater risk of dying traveling to the festival or at the festival than from covid.

Taking the above two points into account unless a suitable vaccine is developed relatively soon, the harsh reality is everyone will get it eventually just like everyone gets a cold or the flu. So for some people it would seem rather daft to actively try to avoid it and have a far less enjoyable life when they cant avoid it forever anyway.

Was point (3) a reasonable reason not to though?

50 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Was point (3) a reasonable reason not to though?

I think it would be reasonably easy to self isolate for a few days until you could confirm if you had it or not and not put anyone at risk. No different to how some may take the opposite approach of self isolating a week before to avoid getting it.

I think either way its a moot point though. Unless there is a second wave the chances of actually catching it are very slim, currently 1/1700 here so unless you knew somebody who had it at the exact time you wanted to catch it, I don't know else you'd successfully go about getting it at a specific time.

I think at the peak the odds were still only 1/400 so I think either way you would have to know somebody or failing that hang about at a covid ward.

4 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Please reconsider

Did you get through my first sentance and stop reading? 

"Outside of that, I dont want to, but it seems like the best choice would be to try to catch the virus early next april to ensure Glastonbury entry. Canada has a pretty good lid on cases so even doing that may not be easy. Even with a 99.98% chance of survival, I dont want to put myself unnecessarily at risk."

Theres no need to regurgitate facts that everyone has heard 1000 times. Im not going out sneaking into the quarentine ward at the hospital and licking the face of someone in ICU.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ok, so NME quotes it differently....and indicates to distancing outdoors until Stage 5.

By stage three, performances outdoors would be allowed to take place with socially-distant audiences present.

I wouldn't mind that. I like a bit of spave to dance 👍

• Upvote 1

New Michael interview that I dont think I've seen posted, with a titbit about something that was planned for Macca's set

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/qa/2020/06/michael-eavis-qa-i-first-heard-movin-milking-parlour

Who would paint your portrait?

Peter Blake is doing it now, for the National Portrait Gallery. He’s taken quite a long time, though! He wanted to get it ready for Paul McCartney to present it to me at this year’s festival, but that’s not happening now. I’m looking forward to seeing it.