Guardian Interview with the Eavii

BluePaul

1 minute ago, BluePaul said:

Positive for next year with them saying it really has to happen, with the testing scheme also it seems likely.

I think that confirms what we’ve been speculating on in terms of financial catastrophe of cancelling again and work being done to ensure it, and all festivals, can happen. I do feel confident at this stage that something will be in place, even if the virus is still circulating. 

Sounds like it’ll definitely happen, but may not look anything like the Glastonbury we know. I suppose they’ll do whatever it takes to survive. 

Just imagine if you turned up in 2021 and before you could get your wristband you went through a testing tent where you discovered you had the virus even though you were asymptomatic at the time. 

(sorry)

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Sounds like it’ll definitely happen, but may not look anything like the Glastonbury we know. I suppose they’ll do whatever it takes to survive. 

Just imagine if you turned up in 2021 and before you could get your wristband you went through a testing tent where you discovered you had the virus even though you were asymptomatic at the time. 

(sorry)

That's the concern. It's going to be squeaky bum time right up to getting through the gates!

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

That's the concern. It's going to be squeaky bum time right up to getting through the gates!

Bubble wrap up a week before and stay inside till the festival.

I reckon coach tickets might transfer to normal ones if it is still bad and we have to make our own way there.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Bubble wrap up a week before and stay inside till the festival.

I reckon coach tickets might transfer to normal ones if it is still bad and we have to make our own way there.

Not feasible sadly if you are coming from overseas or if you don't drive!

• Upvote 1

The NHS tracing app notion is sketchy at best. I've stuck to the lockdown rules stringently and still only go into a shop once a week and I mask up to do so but I draw the line at gov't spyware. I'm afraid I'd delete it the second I was past the gates. I don't want to thwart any efforts to safeguard people but that app/data mining whatsit gives me the utter heebies. Also how would that work with those people with ye olde festival phones that merely call and text?

18 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Lol ’The alternate Ascot’ what fucking drivel. Well yeah, if the only time you’ve been you slept in a 5 grand a night yurt. Their show was great but what a terrible characterisation of the festival.

Im definitely a bit more concerned coming over from Canada. Theres quite a lot if factors that could make getting to Glasto next year a bit difficult for me, assuming the festival is on. 

I'm going to hope for some sort of vaccine and a return to normal. 

Outside of that, I dont want to, but it seems like the best choice would be to try to catch the virus early next april to ensure Glastonbury entry. Canada has a pretty good lid on cases so even doing that may not be easy. Even with a 99.98% chance of survival, I dont want to put myself unnecessarily at risk.

49 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Im definitely a bit more concerned coming over from Canada. Theres quite a lot if factors that could make getting to Glasto next year a bit difficult for me, assuming the festival is on. 

I'm going to hope for some sort of vaccine and a return to normal. 

Outside of that, I dont want to, but it seems like the best choice would be to try to catch the virus early next april to ensure Glastonbury entry. Canada has a pretty good lid on cases so even doing that may not be easy. Even with a 99.98% chance of survival, I dont want to put myself unnecessarily at risk.

I thought the same til I read about the long term covid people - if their damage is permanent and that's what happens to us, we won't be going again. It's a hell of a gamble for one festival - lets hope it doesn't come to that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Really interesting read and I like the 100% optimism about next year. 

I had a thought about setting up a crowdfunding thing to help support Glastonbury’s charitable contributions....but I don’t really know how to go about it. Is it an idea people would get on board with? Should I contact the festival?  

thoughts? 

1 minute ago, wilko8 said:

Really interesting read and I like the 100% optimism about next year. 

I had a thought about setting up a crowdfunding thing to help support Glastonbury’s charitable contributions....but I don’t really know how to go about it. Is it an idea people would get on board with? Should I contact the festival?  

thoughts? 

yes .... I would say do it independently .... get enough support from Twitter accounts and the like on here and then Glastonbury will probably spot it anyway and hopefully promote it ... along with the charity accounts ... theres people with large numbers of followers on here to get it going ....