Buying tickets for 2021 Glastonbury

Gparsfan

Having not been to a festival in yeeeeaaaaaars, I used to go to T in the Park and it was never too much trouble getting a ticket, the last few years at Balado it was easy enough, I appreciate that Glastonbury will be a different kettle of fish. I've done the thing on the website where I've registered my interest and from what I can see their will be some re sale tickets out in October? Will that likely be the final opportunity or will their be another after that etc? I'm a pessimist so I'm presuming I won't get any! I've seen people mention coach tickets, are you more likely to get a ticket if its a coach one? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you! 

Unfortunately you’ve picked the wrong year pal, tickets for next year will be incredibly tough to come by as everyone’s tickets from this year will carry over. The October sale is effectively a resale of any ticket deposits that have been returned this year, it’s hard to know how many tickets will be on sale but I cannot imagine there will be many. There will be another resale next April of balances not paid.

Best bet is to get yourself and as many people you can muster in front of a computer at 9am that Sunday morning and then pray to whichever deity you see fit.

As above, sorry to be a pessimist but I'd estimate you've got 1/10th of the chance of getting a ticket compared to your odds in the October sale in any other year, and even then the odds are always against you.

That said there will be some tickets for sure, and somebody has to get them. Again, as above you need as many people as you can muster to try for you come October.

You won't have better odds in the coach sale as there will be a minuscule amount of tickets available, but you'll obviously increase your overall odds by trying in the coach sale first then the main sale, assuming the format is as normal, then again if there is a further resale in April trying in both the coach resale and main resale. This year of all years you'd be mad not to at least try for the coach as well if you truly want to go.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You won't have better odds in the coach sale as there will be a minuscule amount of tickets available, but you'll obviously increase your overall odds by trying in the coach sale first then the main sale, assuming the format is as normal, then again if there is a further resale in April trying in both the coach resale and main resale. This year of all years you'd be mad not to at least try for the coach as well if you truly want to go.

Thank you very much to yourself at @Hugh Jass for the replies, with regards to this are you saying that the coach sale tickets go on sale first?

Absolutely wasn't aware of that if that is the case, thank you for the heads up 👍 

19 minutes ago, Gparsfan said:

Thank you very much to yourself at @Hugh Jass for the replies, with regards to this are you saying that the coach sale tickets go on sale first?

Absolutely wasn't aware of that if that is the case, thank you for the heads up 👍 

Yes, the normal format is Coach sale on the Thursday at 6pm before the main sale on Sunday. Then normally it’s the same format again the following April. 

• Upvote 1