The first headliner you saw at Glastonbury

efcfanwirral

On 6/25/2020 at 11:14 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Florence and the Machine for me.

Unfortunately I cannot remember too much of it. I hadn't been feeling great on the Wednesday and Thursday, so when I felt better by the Friday I went hard on my drinks. I feel like I do remember enjoying it though haha

Florence here as well.... it was just magical. Had arrived at a place where I had yearned to be for ever so long, was with my 12 year old daughter who loves Florence, it was very special. 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, BrandoTrillkor17 said:

These guys in 2011. Unbelievable experience in biblical rain. Still the best headliner I have seen seven festivals later...

266705_10150659294790430_7964331_o.jpg

They were absolutely ripsnorting boss. Always been confused by the the lack of acclaim for it. Was really well reviewed, but doesn't get talked about. 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:34 AM, ghandi said:

My first fest ( a late bloomer :) ) was 2009. I think, if my memory is collect was Bloc party on the other stage, i'd also just finished watching the Horrors on the park before hot footing it over to the other to meet friend to so see Bloc party to the finish before moving off to the SE corner.

Oh man, I was tripping out on some "shrooms" that blatantly weren't that just made me sob on my mates shoulder all gig, then get consumed by black and white fractals all night.

21 minutes ago, Superscally said:

They were absolutely ripsnorting boss. Always been confused by the the lack of acclaim for it. Was really well reviewed, but doesn't get talked about. 

They hated absolutely it apparently, maybe it is to do with that? It had been the festival they had wanted to do for years, in fact they were even willing to do it for free, but because of the weather and their own performance  were really unhappy with it when it happened. 

Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine - Pyramid 1992 - Friday Night

They weren't unstoppable though, the plug was pulled as they they overran the curfew and it got a little violent on stage with Jim Bob and fruitbat throwing mike stands about when the sound went off.

Second headliner was the Shamen on the NME stage the following evening. Naughty, naughty, very naughty :)

14 hours ago, OG said:

2007, Thursday night in the Leftfield tent, I thought I was watching Pama International headline and then The Beat came on. So The Beat 

Yeah, this was mine too. Seem to remember they ended up shutting the tent that weekend because it got so full of muddy slop that it was pointless using it.