What’s the first set you saw on Worthy Farm?

Ryan1984

I’ve just had a look at the 2014 times and I think my first set was whoever TBA was opening the Other Stage as I camp right by there so wandered down.

I’m in for a lot of stick if this is right but I actually think it may have been Kaiser Chiefs? Hoping someone can tell me that was a later year... please? :lol: 

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve just had a look at the 2014 times and I think my first set was whoever TBA was opening the Other Stage as I camp right by there so wandered down.

I’m in for a lot of stick if this is right but I actually think it may have been Kaiser Chiefs? Hoping someone can tell me that was a later year... please? :lol: 

Oh dear ..... I predict a riot ... 

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Don’t worry Dibble you’ll get no hate from me! 

Surely there’s more than two Kaiser Chiefs fans on the forum? 

4 hours ago, bellboy said:

Me too!  Followed by the Maccabees if I remember right.

Correct, Maccabees were great, first album tour and first set, such a pity, just when they ready to make the next step as well.

21 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Yes, it was Kaiser Chiefs. Lasted 2 songs then went to the Glade for Alabama 3, who smashed it. Awesome opener.

This is a great story I've just found about this set:

"That Summer we were invited to play some festivals in Europe. First up was Glastonbury. It rained all week leading up to the Glastonbury Festival and the field turned to mud. Our shoes were hosed down before we went on, to clean off the mud we had picked up backstage, where the Happy Mondays were kicking a football around. I looked out at people wearing plastic bags on their feet

We were the first band on the big stage on day one, playing at noon to thirty thousand people. I should have been terrified, but I wasn't. The people were so far away, and I didn't know any of them personally, except for Kramer who was out at the mixing board

Kramer wanted to join us for a few songs, like he had done on the last European tour. But Damon & Naomi didn't want him onstage anymore. They now thought it was a bit strange to have the producer jump onstage with us, and maybe they were right. I said I didn't mind if he played a few songs, but they had made their minds up

In the middle of our third song I heard a sound behind me -- it sounded like someone else was playing guitar. Kramer. He had given the house sound engineer some pointers and had quickly made his way through the crowd to the stage, where he found my spare guitar and a spare amplifier. He couldn't resist -- he was Kramer. He wanted to play on the big stage at Glastonbury." (Dean Wareham, "Black Postcards")