What’s the first set you saw on Worthy Farm?

Ryan1984

Santigold and Glasvegas (whichever came first) on what must've been William's Green on the thursday of 2008. We were just outside the tent and kept getting blasted by the pyramid speakers testing out with Hella Good by No Doubt.

James other stage 2016 waited about an extra hour for it to start as they tried to cover the mud with wood chip.  Well worth the wait glad my first band was someone I love.  Started with nothing but love ...after a post Brexit rant as the vote was day b4 . Of my 3 festivitals 16 17 & 19 that one will always feel the best .

• Upvote 2

The Thrills 2005, and it was extra special because it was after the flood in 2005 and many acts were postponed earlier in the day at the Pyramid and their were rumours circulating that the festival might have to be cancelled. Then out of the gloom we gathered in front of the Pyramid and a band walked on and proclaimed "we are the Thrills" and the music started. What a feeling that was, pure ecstasy, the music was on!. Doubly helped by Doves playing a bit later than afternoon. A truly joyous afternoon in the mud and gloom, one of "those moments" for me, I will never forget it

19 hours ago, crocodiles said:

James other stage 2016 waited about an extra hour for it to start as they tried to cover the mud with wood chip.  Well worth the wait glad my first band was someone I love.  Started with nothing but love ...after a post Brexit rant as the vote was day b4 . Of my 3 festivitals 16 17 & 19 that one will always feel the best .

I loved that set.  I know some people didn't so much but I thought it was bang on, welled up a couple of times!  And the bit where he crowdsurfed and hi fived the kid in the crowd - magic :)

2005 Jazzworld Stage, Alabama 3. I think.

They the first set I remember we probably intended to go and see, but being the first Glastonbury we had wondered around lost and would have passed a number of different bands before that, without being able to recall who they were. I think I was just to in awe of the everything around me and the extent of the flooding.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

I loved that set.  I know some people didn't so much but I thought it was bang on, welled up a couple of times!  And the bit where he crowdsurfed and hi fived the kid in the crowd - magic :)

I cried at start as I thought I'm finally here and watching a band I love the moment just got me and agree read a lot of negative comments but it started a great weekend of music of magically 

Somewhere Avalon ( I think) unknown band Friday afternoon 2002. It was great, pint and a toke, really chilled. The first I know the name of was Faithless on the Pyramid that evening. Any memory I had of it faded a long time ago, although I remember it was a beautiful evening!

The View at lunchtime on the pyramid stage 2007. Was a weird slot for them and I don’t remember it being great.

Actually 2007 was my first year and I don’t remember many great sets at all. Probably a mixture of the weather being a constant downer and not moving around the stages as much due to the mudbath. Super Furry Animals is the only set I remember loving.

Levellers 1994.  I will never forget walking from the farm gate (With a borrowed residents ticket) down the hill in the early evening and seeing the festival for the first time.   I had been brought up at the bath and west show and thought I knew what a crowd looked like.  Changed me forever that moment 

On 6/24/2020 at 9:50 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Same as me. Front row. Stayed for Inspiral Carpets & Echo and the Bunneymen immediately after.

I remember Love on the Rocks very well. 

Inspirals were my first. Seem to remember the singer was shitfaced. Then Ian McCulloch was a bit odd, rambling on about Gateshead at one point.