Glasto Food

FluffBall

48 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Well, this passed a couple of minutes in a Buzzfeedesque type way:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/festival_food_quiz?xtor=CS8-1000-[Discovery_Cards]-[Multi_Site]-[SL10]-[PS_FOOD~N~~A_FestivalFoodQuiz]

Pointed me in the direction of Jerk Chicken and Goan Fish Curry recipes :).

Mrs BlueDaze has promised to rustle up the BBC Food Goan Fish Curry this weekend...😎

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Well, this passed a couple of minutes in a Buzzfeedesque type way:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/festival_food_quiz?xtor=CS8-1000-[Discovery_Cards]-[Multi_Site]-[SL10]-[PS_FOOD~N~~A_FestivalFoodQuiz]

Pointed me in the direction of Jerk Chicken and Goan Fish Curry recipes :).

Considering this is complete bollocks, it actually nailed how I like to spend the festival: 

Where you’re found: Lost Vagueness/dance tent/asleep in a field  

You go to festivals to have a good time. You hang out with friends, have a few drinks, wander from stage to stage, and end up back in your tent at 7am, where you sleep it off for a few hours and then wake up ready to go again. You need food that you can eat on the go, but you want it to have strong flavours and fill you up – after all, who knows when you’ll get round to your next meal.

You might not be attending your favourite festival this summer, but you can still enjoy festival food all from the comfort of your own home.

22 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Considering this is complete bollocks, it actually nailed how I like to spend the festival: 

Where you’re found: Lost Vagueness/dance tent/asleep in a field  

You go to festivals to have a good time. You hang out with friends, have a few drinks, wander from stage to stage, and end up back in your tent at 7am, where you sleep it off for a few hours and then wake up ready to go again. You need food that you can eat on the go, but you want it to have strong flavours and fill you up – after all, who knows when you’ll get round to your next meal.

You might not be attending your favourite festival this summer, but you can still enjoy festival food all from the comfort of your own home.

I got four different areas, with a percentage of time I supposedly spend in each.

Total bollocks certainly and only two or three recipe suggestions out of a couple of  dozen that I would actually eat (don't start me off...)

Does anyone know if the sell chicken pakoras at the festival? (I'm sure you can get veggy ones there). I've only recently discovered them.

That's me for tonight. Chicken Pakoras, Egg Fried Rice plus some Prawn Crackers left over from a couple of days ago.

Washed down with a pint of OJ and Lemonade with a splash of ginger cordial (it's too early and hot for alcohol personally) from one of last years reusable plastic pint cups.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, BlueDaze said:

Mrs BlueDaze has promised to rustle up the BBC Food Goan Fish Curry this weekend...😎

I'm doing a Pollock caldine tomorrow 😋

On 6/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, crazyfool1 said:

that sounds amazing ... do you do deliverys ?: :) 

:) Reminded me of a bit of old banter (and possibly a very old joke).

A mate of mine had just opened a takeaway. He was asked, "Do you deliver?".

Mate (offended) "No, we do Chicken, Beef and Pork. Prime cuts only. No offal".

7 hours ago, Beet said:

Seeing as we’re doing Goan Fish Curry tribute acts, I did their veggie option of dal and rice with kachumber salad 

50D40765-1511-49AC-A42C-B567C738776C.jpeg

Ohhhhh that looks tasty. The curry options at Glasto are so good. I and Mrs fluff ball were just talking about the bhangra bus

Not even going to attempt my favourite drunken food, Carlito Burrito. Haven’t got the skills to wrap something so filled, so tightly. Plus, I’d have to be w*nkered to eat it which adds further complications in the cooking procedure.

Great attempts by all though, might have turned me to giving a Goan fish curry a try next year.

I have a Goan fish curry question. Have any Glastonbury goers ever had one at Glastonbury AND one actually in Goa? The Glastonbury one gets a lot of love but I have never eaten one. I have however eaten one in Goa. It was vile. I love a curry as much as the next person, I really do, however, curries in India bare no resemblence to curries over here, if you have a chicken curry in India for example, you will not get a curry with lovely diced cubes of chicken breast, you will get a curry that includes just about every part of the chicken you can imagine including bone fragments. It may be that the Glastonbury Goan fish curry is truly wonderful but I was just wondering if anyone has had them both here and in Goa, just to give me a comparison, as in my experience there is a whole world of difference between "British" curries and Indian ones.