stanh

Stage Capacities

I've had a look around but can seem to find any recent answers, but what are the stage capacities for the main few stages/tents? Just interested to see a vague guess or answer if anyone knows!

Hi, 

I think there was a topic on it and there is information doted about:

But you're best speaking to others on here who know there stuff: 

@grumpyhack, @stuartbert two hats, @Sawdusty Surfer, all those who partake regularly in the quiz thread! There's loads on here who can help you piece it together. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hi, 

@grumpyhack, @stuartbert two hats, @Sawdusty Surfer, all those who partake regularly in the quiz thread! There's loads on here who can help you piece it together. 

That set of the year thread was great fun. I’m considering doing a “set of all time” vote to go where this year’s thread would have been.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

That set of the year thread was great fun. I’m considering doing a “set of all time” vote to go where this year’s thread would have been.

Yeah 👍 if the Hurt/Heal ever ends...

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah 👍 if the Hurt/Heal ever ends...

I’ve set a deadline of the start of next year’s festival for that bugger to end!

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hi, 

Did you mean to link to that thread rather than this one?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did you mean to link to that thread rather than this one?

That's the one! I couldn't find it for the original poster. Thanks!

On 7/1/2020 at 5:38 PM, fadeinout said:

Watched the Bowie set on Sunday and imagine the Pyramid capacity of 100k was tested that night :)

Not so sure, will have been rammed at the front but looked like lots of fires - and therefore spaces - towards the back. They had to enlarge the area for the Stones in '13 and it was still the most sardine-like experience I've had at Glasto (at a big stage at least).

23 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Not so sure, will have been rammed at the front but looked like lots of fires - and therefore spaces - towards the back. They had to enlarge the area for the Stones in '13 and it was still the most sardine-like experience I've had at Glasto (at a big stage at least).

it was deathly quiet around the rest of the site. Only other time I've seen it so quiet was when the Stones played.

On 7/7/2020 at 8:26 AM, Neil said:

it was deathly quiet around the rest of the site. Only other time I've seen it so quiet was when the Stones played.

I went to see Major Laser and Public Enemy instead of The Rolling Stones and there couldn’t have been anymore than 1,000 people at either set.