On this day in...xxxx...I was...

One Tonne Baby

1 minute ago, Waterdeep said:

It must be intended as a green travel incentive though, otherwise people on bikes would have to queue up in the normal way? Seems like it's a bit of a loophole for people to travel by car/van etc with a bike in the boot and then 'cycle' in and skip the queue.

Yes it’s designed as a traveller scheme 

2 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

So you cycle in from the car park. That's a bit of a slap in the face to everyone queuing for hours, never mind making a mockery of the green incentive.

Honestly yes ... I did last year and previous to that I’ve queued like everyone else with the bikes ... so yes I took advantage once in 13 years ... ... No excuses 

On this day in 2010 I was sweltering with every other ticket holder in an endless queue!

Weather not unlike today so was reminded as my partner and I decided on a 3 hour round walk to Ally Pally and back as a pseudo pilgrimage. My real-home is nearby - 20 mins on a normal day. It took us 3 hours in the car and then another 3 in the queue. It was boiling hot, England were playing some European country beginning with S and they were showing it on the Pyramid at 3pm so every man and his wagon were trying to get there (even anti-football folk like me) to share the atmosphere. We were walking past the Pyramid after half time having set out at 9am!

Contrast to 2013 where we were pitched by 10:30am. Swings and roundabouts!

On 6/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, MrZigster said:

This time last year I was well set up and settled as a bar volunteer. Think I was around Pangea crew bar trying to arrange to meet @glasto-worker(our paths crossed all weekend).

What a brilliant bar. Comfiest seat I've ever sat in at the festival. I could have stayed there all night after being awake from excitement the previous night and catching a train at stupid o'clock that morning.

Yes I know - problem was as it was a Tuesday ' My team had a late shift that night in the WBC Crew Bar ' so we had to stick close to Gate D so we only went to Arcadia in the Crew Bar { which as you know was packed - so packed we were spread out over 3 tables } 

I know by Sods law you had been in that bar and must have just left close to when we arrived.

But I did try to arrange to meet you Saturday night but you were unable to make it and yes I did show up just in case.

anyway provided we don't drop down dead and there is a event next year we will meet up. 

018840df7.thumb.jpg.7a5f9a2605d837bcf26781a03701a2b9.jpg018840df9.thumb.jpg.8dd1dbce6db8bdc79b072d38e608d44d.jpg

9 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Yes I know - problem was as it was a Tuesday ' My team had a late shift that night in the WBC Crew Bar ' so we had to stick close to Gate D so we only went to Arcadia in the Crew Bar { which as you know was packed - so packed we were spread out over 3 tables } 

I know by Sods law you had been in that bar and must have just left close to when we arrived.

But I did try to arrange to meet you Saturday night but you were unable to make it and yes I did show up just in case.

anyway provided we don't drop down dead and there is a event next year we will meet up. 

018840df7.thumb.jpg.7a5f9a2605d837bcf26781a03701a2b9.jpg018840df9.thumb.jpg.8dd1dbce6db8bdc79b072d38e608d44d.jpg

I remember that Saturday now. Yeah it totally got the better of me last year. The combination of the heat, lack of sleep, working conditions and my desire to see too much.

Who knows we may have another Rolling Stones moment between now and next year.

23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Been playing this game with my Glasto crew. One (who is a friend of a friend) insists there is a Harry Potter Tea Tent. We think she means the Tiny Tea Tent (not Harry Potter themed). Anyone know anything about this....?

@Quark? You're a man who knows his tea tents, as I recall.  

I can have that put on my headstone :lol:

I've not come across a Potter themed tea tent in my travels, but I'd be well up for a visit if there is one!

25th June.  Years are a bit mixed up.

2017, with Camp Ralph

20170626_011418.jpg

2018 Tues night hill o'death party, with bin painting crew

20190625_213611.jpg

2015, Beans on Toast, Hell

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0657.JPG

2008, first day

DSC00059.JPG

2009, OG Growler, in the hands of 2 Hats

DSC00472.JPG

2010, Hub, Shangri La, early morning

DSC00679.JPG

Edited by fatyeti24

4 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I remember that Saturday now. Yeah it totally got the better of me last year. The combination of the heat, lack of sleep, working conditions and my desire to see too much.

Who knows we may have another Rolling Stones moment between now and next year.

that was the first time I had seen London Stadium - but many years ago I did see it before some of the houses were demolished in 2007. That Stones concert was really good although if I recall inside the bar was card only.

think BBC radio is there just now { or were there } - would have been murder in a hot tent anyway - I prefer when its Overcast but dry.

6666.thumb.jpg.3a24a3688275e00e5c1cf75d702ece33.jpg

2014...my first ever Friday at Glastonbury. Unfortunately, I'd got well over excited the night before and was absolutely hanging. Inexplicably ate a vegan breakfast, which I promptly threw up into a bin, and then had to make a sharp exit from the Blondie crowd to get a quick refresh kip. An hour or so later, I'd recovered, and so started what remains one of the best 36 hours I had at the festival 🙂

21 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

25th June.  Years are a bit mixed up.

2017, with Camp Ralph

20170626_011418.jpg

That was the Sunday night post-Justice wasn't it? Recall Bimble Inn first, then up to the sign. I'm somewhere there in the shadows, probably devouring one of those peaches Gino brought with him :D