Sziget 2021

Matt86

8 minutes ago, Sziget2021_Leaks said:

On second thought this might sound confusing. 😇

I'll be back in a couple of months with news about Sziget 2022.

So no Sziget in 2021? Even in a smaller form?

On 5/1/2021 at 7:06 AM, thewayiam said:

No chance. They still have a 7 days average of 190 deaths and new cases daily in and around that.

@glavakpetiyou realise this is no different to what anyone else has said? I'll just constantly live in a cloud for you shall I and ignore what's going on but others can say whatever.

3 hours ago, Sziget2021_Leaks said:

On second thought this might sound confusing. 😇

I'll be back in a couple of months with news about Sziget 2022.

Hey man, "couple of months", that soon ? great, happy not to have to wait until 2022 to have some news 😄 

Oh well, I still have my tickets from 2020, including accomodation. Will probably decide to still keep it. I wonder how much the gift credit is. Will register and find out. A few free drinks at the site is always great!

Edit: 50€ that I can use for future ticket purchase or onsite consumption. Great, will take that!

Edited by eyebrain
  • Upvote 1

On 5/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, thewayiam said:

@glavakpetiyou realise this is no different to what anyone else has said? I'll just constantly live in a cloud for you shall I and ignore what's going on but others can say whatever.

Sorry for the downvote, I wouldn't take it that personally. 

I downvoted because daily deaths don't mean anything for a festival in august.

I think the reason to cancel was the poor vaccination rates in other countries and the announcement that unvaccinated people in Hungary wouldn't be able to visit even smaller parties during the summer. 

Edited by glavakpeti

54 minutes ago, glavakpeti said:

I downvoted because daily deaths don't mean anything for a festival in august.

Well there's more chance one happening if your daily death rate is in single figures, rather than 3 figures.

Does anyone have an idea on what the new dates will be for 2022? I suspect it to be 10-17 Aug but could it also be 03-10 Aug? We have to reschedule our reservation for our Airbnb and we cannot wait until the official announcement so we will have to take a guess..

2 hours ago, Visitor said:

Does anyone have an idea on what the new dates will be for 2022? I suspect it to be 10-17 Aug but could it also be 03-10 Aug? We have to reschedule our reservation for our Airbnb and we cannot wait until the official announcement so we will have to take a guess..

Thats a good question.. I would say 10-16, since Sziget always happen during the second week end of August, but who knows with this post-covid situation... 😕 ! @Sziget2021_Leaks could tell, but it might be too soon to reveal it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK .. I'm thinking... : WHAT IF there's 2 Sziget fest' next year ..?

Some festivals like Primavera Sound or HellFest  are planning 2 fests' for 2022. And on my Sziget account, here's what they say :

"For specific 2020 day tickets, you will have the opportunity to choose exact dates you want to attend in 2022. More details will be available later in the year."

"the opportunity to choose exact dates" ..? what does it means ..? Usually, you have to buy a ticket that allows you to enter the Island 2-3 days before the festival begins.

But this sentence makes me think that it might be different... it makes me think of TWO weeks of Sziget next year...

8 hours ago, Matt86 said:

"the opportunity to choose exact dates" ..? what does it means ..? Usually, you have to buy a ticket that allows you to enter the Island 2-3 days before the festival begins.

I think it just means that 2020 one day ticket holders would be able to choose any day in 2022. 

4 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

I think it just means that 2020 one day ticket holders would be able to choose any day in 2022. 

lol, I completely forgot about the 1 day-ticket holders, my bad 🤣 but what an odd idea, going to sziget for only 1 day.. (except for those who can only afford 1, I understand that)

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

lol, I completely forgot about the 1 day-ticket holders, my bad 🤣 but what an odd idea, going to sziget for only 1 day.. (except for those who can only afford 1, I understand that)

Saw lots of one day wristbands on Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters / twenty one pilots and Kendrick Lamar days, i think it's totally normal for locals.

• Like 1