Sziget 2021

Matt86

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fugee97 said:

Then they would not have posted it....there is still chance that Sziget will happen this year

They must have good reasons not to make it official yet.

Sziget is supposed to happen in LESS THAN 4 MONTHS. With majority of people coming from outside Hungary. Do you really believe this is enough time to sell tickets and make plans for everyone they would expect to come ? I'm not even sure that it would be enough time to make everything ready on the island and Budapest..

I would LOVE to believe it can happen, trust me. But we are in April, and they didn't start anything so far.. Plus, a reliable source told us that it wont happen until 2022. So ...

22 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

They must have good reasons not to make it official yet.

Sziget is supposed to happen in LESS THAN 4 MONTHS. With majority of people coming from outside Hungary. Do you really believe this is enough time to sell tickets and make plans for everyone they would expect to come ? I'm not even sure that it would be enough time to make everything ready on the island and Budapest..

I would LOVE to believe it can happen, trust me. But we are in April, and they didn't start anything so far.. Plus, a reliable source told us that it wont happen until 2022. So ...

Well, we'll see x

On 4/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, swelsbyuk said:

What is with the Sziget social media post this morning? Could it actually happen in 2021?

I think it is related to EURO21 news. Budapest is the only of 12 host cities that is planning full stadium capacity. 67k people. 

Games are in June. So way before Sziget. If you can have 4 football games with 67k people on stadium in June why cannot you have music festival in August? 

I think Sziget daily capacity is 90k so very similar.

Edited by Nikky

EURO 2021 only goes on because of the influence of football, not because things will be very different by mid-June.

Romania for example never did any exceptions for mass events since the pandemic started but fully committed to 25% attendance for Euro. However, there is absolutely no news about this rule being enforced for any other event in the future and the covid situation is not getting better. 

It's probably the same for Euros, add to this the facts that Hungary has A LOT of covid related deaths per day + the national team is qualified and will play 2 games in Budapest. People need a silver lining to this situation...

41 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Does anyone know anything about this?

(I mean, EXIT festival in Serbia will be held this July and you can enter the festival if you are vaccinated or if you have antibodies 🥴)

The FAQ page hasn't been changed since last summer.

19 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

I'm not sure, look at what they commented on their last post on instagram

Well, the website really hasn't changed since the cancellation announcement last year. You can also say by the next question in FAQ - What are the dates for next year?

Personally, I don't think it's happening. We don't know the dates or line-up, the tickets are not being sold at all... at least something should be out by now if it's going ahead. You cannot prepare such a huge festival as Sziget in one or two months unless they're planning a smaller event with reduced capacity and number of artists later in the summer (like other European festivals).

Edited by Newjem

Assuming the festival would begin on the first Wednesday in August, we are now only 105 days away. In a couple of weeks we will be only three months away from the assumed start date.

Unless a massive amount of work has been taking place behind the scenes (and nobody is reporting back that this is the case), there is absolutely no way Sziget can take place. Even if it did, how do you sell hundreds of thousands of tickets to people who have already made other plans for their summer?

Edited by swelsbyuk