Sziget 2021

Matt86

1 hour ago, Sziget2021_Leaks said:

Sziget Festival 2022

Sorry, guys. 😞

Take care, we'll meet again!

Thank you for the information. 
Personally don’t have much hopes for big shows and festivals in 2022, this hysteria is far from finished; as always, will be glad to be wrong. 

4 hours ago, Sziget2021_Leaks said:

Sziget Festival 2022

Sorry, guys. 😞

Well, now we know... 😞

Do you know more, for example are they strong enough to really be back in 2022, or is it gonna tough, etc..? I also hope they'll communicate more than they did those last months..

8 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Well, now we know... 😞

Do you know more, for example are they strong enough to really be back in 2022, or is it gonna tough, etc..? I also hope they'll communicate more than they did those last months..

Luckily they sold out to superstruct in 2017.

38 minutes ago, thetime said:

Anyone still having trouble with refunds? Been waiting over 2 months.

I had 4 tickets bought direct from Sziget and 2 through Festicket.

Sziget refunds were smooth as silk (took about 2.5 months, but they warned me it would).

Festicket was an absolute nightmare and took about 7 months of constant chasing - would never buy from them again even if they had tickets at half-price! 

15 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Thank you for the information. 
Personally don’t have much hopes for big shows and festivals in 2022, this hysteria is far from finished; as always, will be glad to be wrong. 

As long as there is no significant change to the make-up of the virus during 2021, the majority of people across the world will have been vaccinated for the current strain (and its minor variations) by the end of this year, with continued vaccinations continuing into 2022.

This will cut global infection rates by around 95%, if not more, by Easter 2022.

If this is the case (and it likely will be) then festival season 2022 should not be massively different to festival season 2019. Except busier!

Edited by swelsbyuk

On 1/21/2021 at 1:52 PM, mashinko said:

I guarantee to you that it will be festivals this year, but 99% not large with 30k people and more. And also without fuckin masks, social distancing, and especially without health passports because this will be discrimination.

Unfortunately, this didn't age well...
Изображение

On 1/21/2021 at 7:10 PM, swelsbyuk said:

I am about 99% certain that festival-season will be back to some form of normality by 2022. 

I know it is not on that level but I am 99% sure Exit 2021 is going to happen without any restrictions. 

Vaccination is going very well here because we use Chinese and Russian vaccine. 

Hungary also and this is why I am surprised Sziget is not going to happen.

With Exit you never really know. Last summer they claimed up to 2 weeks before the event that it will happen. Then moved to August. And then again cancelled. And yes, I read that Serbia is doing great vaccination numbers. So you never really know....

52 minutes ago, Nikky said:

I know it is not on that level but I am 99% sure Exit 2021 is going to happen without any restrictions. 

Maybe 50% of the Szigets' audience isn't from Hungary, I suppose thats why they dont want to take any risk.. 😕

On 2/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, Nikky said:

Don't compare with Exit, think that Exit is going on, but with ex-Yu names and new ticket price.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

So, the UK is aiming for return to normal by the end of June with indications that this includes the resumption of live events and, potentially, that would include festivals.

I guess it's still unlikely that this would be a similar state of affairs in other European countries?

Looking good for Sziget, next year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, Sziget2021_Leaks said:

Sziget Festival 2022

Sorry, guys. 😞

It has been a month since you told us this. Do you know why the cancellation hasn't actually been officially announced yet?

I'm struggling to see what benefit there is in not announcing it?

7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

It has been a month since you told us this. Do you know why the cancellation hasn't actually been officially announced yet?

I ask myself the same thing, and when I see no news about VOLT Festival (which is supposed to happen in June..), I guess they must wait for their Government to forbid mass events 😕 I can't see any other reason, because as you said, if the decision have been made early February, it's a lonnnng wait for the fans who don't know yet

I wonder how they were able to get insurance and all of the UK festivals appear to have been unable to do so.

I'm not sure what they would claim for (lost income one assumes?) - it can't be outlay I shouldn't think as they don't appear to have spent a penny on the 2021 festival so far!

Edited by swelsbyuk

On 3/5/2021 at 1:35 PM, swelsbyuk said:

sell more tickets now, so more rollover i guess - fill up the piggy bank

Balaton Sound just cancelled to 2022. Same owners/organisers as Sziget I believe, but no word (yet) from them.

Edit: I notice Volt has also cancelled. Not sure when that was, but that's two of the three cancelled for 2021.

Edited by swelsbyuk