gets better in the next 2-3 months or
if there's a safe, working vaccine.

If things don't start getting better by February,
it most likely won't be held until 2022. VOLT has
a better chance of happening as most of its visitors
are Hungarian whereas poeple arrive from 100+
different countries for Sziget.

Bring Me The Horizon and My Chemical Romance 
are the only headliners rebooked for VOLT 2021.

If we'll start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel,
you should expect the first announcements for these
festivals late January / early February 2021.

Stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas!

thanks for the update 😉

In 7 months from now, things WILL get better, because vaccines + end of Winter + beginning of Summer. There's no doubts about it. The only question is : how FAST will it get better.. Does enough people will get vaccines ?

I wish Hungarians festivals organizers were a bit more optimistic, as English are. Michael Eavis (from Glastonbury) is fighting like a demon to find solutions, and they actually have some plans.

13 hours ago, Matt86 said:

thanks for the update 😉

I wish Hungarians festivals organizers were a bit more optimistic, as English are. Michael Eavis (from Glastonbury) is fighting like a demon to find solutions, and they actually have some plans.

Eavis is always optimistic, whats he doing in finding a solution?

7 hours ago, thetime said:

Eavis is always optimistic, whats he doing in finding a solution?

Honestly I can not recall what I read on the Glastonbury forum about their ideas. But English festivals owners/organizers or whatever you want , they are not waiting for a solution to fall from the sky, they are moving. SlamDunk, 1001trees, etc.. I saw many optimistic stuff and ideas from many english festivals (of course, the massive tests before the festival + vaccins combo seems to be the best hope).

Im just disappointed to see all the others, like Sziget, waiting for a miracle without doing anything, not even communicating a bit.

17 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Honestly I can not recall what I read on the Glastonbury forum about their ideas. But English festivals owners/organizers or whatever you want , they are not waiting for a solution to fall from the sky, they are moving. SlamDunk, 1001trees, etc.. I saw many optimistic stuff and ideas from many english festivals (of course, the massive tests before the festival + vaccins combo seems to be the best hope).

Im just disappointed to see all the others, like Sziget, waiting for a miracle without doing anything, not even communicating a bit.

Its how you want to see it i guess. There are plenty of festivals that have been announced, taking peoples money without the concrete hope of 2021 going ahead.

Whilst agreeing with you, sziget should of communicated alot more. Its the reason I'm going ahead with a refund.

I personally think its only a matter of time before Glastonbury is cancelled. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

Its how you want to see it i guess. There are plenty of festivals that have been announced, taking peoples money without the concrete hope of 2021 going ahead.

Whilst agreeing with you, sziget should of communicated alot more. Its the reason I'm going ahead with a refund.

I personally think its only a matter of time before Glastonbury is cancelled. 

What makes you confident that Mad Cool will take place, given that it's only around 10 days after Glasto?

On 12/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, lighthouse said:

Why if? There's in face a safe, working vaccine. More than one. 

I live in this part of Europe and we won't get vaccinated until this time of the period, sad short story.

And if we EVER get vaccineted cuz strong anti vaccine movement is here.

In the end take a look at the UK, it looks like there is a new type of the virus, so maybe the vaccine won't be effective enough in general.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, Festcrazy said:

I live in this part of Europe and we won't get vaccinated until this time of the period, sad short story.

And if we EVER get vaccineted cuz strong anti vaccine movement is here.

In the end take a look at the UK, it looks like there is a new type of the virus, so maybe the vaccine won't be effective enough in general.

The vaccine is effective against the new virus, the new virus just spreads faster its pretty much the same otherwise

• 4 weeks later...

What is the status of the vaccination strategy in Hungary?

Here in the Netherlands we want to vaccinate people aged 18-60 with a medical indication from mid-February to May and people aged 18-60 without a medical indication from May to September.

I doubt that Sziget 2021 can go ahead. First of all because I think that the vaccination rate around August (the usual month of Sziget) will not be high enough yet and even if it would be, that there are still measures and moreover, they would have to slowly but surely continue with the preparations now (and possibly already bring out information).

Anyway, otherwise it will be waiting for Sziget 2022. After all, health comes before pleasure. Then we'll just party a little harder in 2022. 😉

Chill out, guys, there won't be any festivals in 2021. Not a single government will allow it, and even if they could, promoters would be forced to put all of these mad mandatory restrictions, such as masks, social distancing, health passports etc.

Promoters don't need festivals to look like that Sam Fender UK show with platforms two meters apart and I really hope fans also don't want it. TBH, my hope for 2022 is also small.

Anyway, will be glad to be wrong in both cases.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:33 AM, Mondo-kun said:

Chill out, guys, there won't be any festivals in 2021. Not a single government will allow it, and even if they could, promoters would be forced to put all of these mad mandatory restrictions, such as masks, social distancing, health passports etc.

Promoters don't need festivals to look like that Sam Fender UK show with platforms two meters apart and I really hope fans also don't want it. TBH, my hope for 2022 is also small.

Anyway, will be glad to be wrong in both cases.

Smaller festivals with distancing etc are definitely happening in the UK, a lot of them have announced measures and have moved to late August/September.

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

Smaller festivals with distancing etc are definitely happening in the UK, a lot of them have announced measures and have moved to late August/September.

I would not say they are definitely happening in late August/September, moving to September realistically gives them the best shot even though not a big shot.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I would not say they are definitely happening in late August/September, moving to September realistically gives them the best shot even though not a big shot.

Vaccinations going well here, i really think the smaller stuff will be happening even this one in June looks likely to me due to their planning

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Vaccinations going well here, i really think the smaller stuff will be happening even this one in June looks likely to me due to their planning

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/

No chance a camping or any festival of a few thousand happening in the Uk(IMO). A few day festivals happening in September with restrictions are peoples best bet.

10 hours ago, thetime said:

No chance a camping or any festival of a few thousand happening in the Uk(IMO). A few day festivals happening in September with restrictions are peoples best bet.

what's wrong with camping?

Camping was one of the very first things to re-open in the UK after the first lockdown.

Day events have much more travel with opportunities for interactions, and greater random interactions with other people,

And camping festivals happened in the UK last summer.

You might end up being right, but not because camping festivals are a bigger risk because they're not.