Sziget 2021

Matt86

Idk why they are waiting so long with dates and lineup honestly

but notice that The Strokes are confirmed for Outside Lands the next year and not sure about them for the next year, but who knows, maybe this is just confirmation for 2021 regular edition because they haven't been on a list for this year's eddition and they haven't confirmed Outside Lands on their social network yet

460x1240.jpg

5 hours ago, Festcrazy said:

but notice that The Strokes are confirmed for Outside Lands the next year and not sure about them for the next year, but who knows, maybe this is just confirmation for 2021 regular edition because they haven't been on a list for this year's eddition and they haven't confirmed Outside Lands on their social network yet

460x1240.jpg

This is actually a good information : NO WAY the bands on this fest' will happen at Sziget, the dates are almost the same, and I can't believe any band would fly from San Francisco to Budapest in such a short time.

So the Strokes are out for 2021 ! (also glad to see that Tame Impala won't happen 😁 )

7 hours ago, Festcrazy said:

460x1240.jpg

The Strokes were part of the leaked 2020 lineup. Also Twenty One Pilots played both Outside Lands and Sziget last year. I would say it pretty much confirms them rather than makes them unlikely.

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

This is actually a good information : NO WAY the bands on this fest' will happen at Sziget, the dates are almost the same, and I can't believe any band would fly from San Francisco to Budapest in such a short time.

So the Strokes are out for 2021 ! (also glad to see that Tame Impala won't happen 😁 )

I'm so sad cuz of Tame Impala, I want to see them badly :(

Checking about The Strokes concert history and last year and they performed in Toronto on 20th May and after that on 25th they were on All East Points in London and they come back in the US on Governors Ball, 2nd of June.

Even in 2016 they did Australia and after 2 or 3 days LA show, it looks like it depends on how much money they'll get per show, if Sziget payed them properly they'll perform 

But again they are performing on the last in san Francisco and just 3 days more till the end of Sziget if the last day will be 11th of August, maybe Sziget will be a bit later next year? But no later than Scandinavian shows?  Don't know if artist have some contract obligation for the next year

Edited by Festcrazy

On 6/26/2020 at 8:30 PM, Newjem said:

The Strokes were part of the leaked 2020 lineup. Also Twenty One Pilots played both Outside Lands and Sziget last year. I would say it pretty much confirms them rather than makes them unlikely.

it far from 'pretty much confirms them'. Possible yes but definitely not pretty much confirmed.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

it far from 'pretty much confirms them'. Possible yes but definitely not pretty much confirmed.

Do you have more info? They didn't confirm Garorock and waiting for Werchter

Still think they are cash depended band, so they'll confirm if they got enough money

Edited by Festcrazy

48 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Still think they are cash depended band, so they'll confirm if they got enough money

No one really knows, it is all guess work and hope.

4 hours ago, Festcrazy said:

I'm saying that them being on the other side of the world doesn't "pretty much confirms them". If they get the money they will do it for sure but nothing actually suggests Sziget currently other than they were booked for this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Matt86 said:

IHere is the first Reading and Leeds fest' announcement, end of August . I hope Sziget will give us something soon 😄 ( Queens of the stone age would be awesome 🤩 )

Strange enough, but R&L has a decent first wave for once in a while...

Would take Disclosure for EDM name and QOTSA for rock name. About the rest, it is almost nailed that we will get back Stormzy, Lewis Capaldi, 2DCC (leaked), Mabel and Fever 333.

I'd gladly add to the list 100 Gecs and Sofi Tukker among the smaller names. 

Surely enough I'd be disappointed with Liam Gallagher headlining, or with a Post Malone comeback

• 4 weeks later...