Long time no see...

FuzzyDunlop

Not been on here for a while, thought I'd pop in to say hello to the regulars. 2020 has been depressing in a number of ways. I havent really felt like myself all year & that was before COVID-19 & the lockdown.

The next 8 days or so are going to be pretty difficult. I had accepted Glastonbury being cancelled & the fact it was done so quickly made it easier - but I am not looking forward to this coming week.

How is everyone? Hope everyone is holding up well.

Im not big into the virtual festivals etc. I cant muster the entusiasm tbh. So I am not sure what, (if anything) Ill be doing regarding the festival.

Hopefully this will all pass & we'll be in the fields 2021.

• Upvote 14

welcome back ..... there are several threads that might be of some help , and I know it might not be exactly as planned but there will be many familiar faces at the virtual efest meet next wed ... details on page 1 currently .... tough year for many but hopefully we are starting to see the other side now ... and its almost time to say its only 1 year away and we can have a more "normal " build up .... all the best CF

• Upvote 1

Welcome back Fuzz! I do feel similar re: virtual festival stuff to be honest. I'm undecided if I'll watch any of the coverage at this point. I've still got the time off so I'll certainly be in the garden with some cider but diving too deep to all the Glastonbury coverage night be a bit too painful. We'll see!

Welcome back Fuzz. I'm another one who's not to keen on the virtual festival but, not living in the UK, I probably couldn't get to watch it even if I wanted too. Being in work Wed to Fri is going to be a killer but then I'm off for 3 weeks so not all bad! 

Hey Fuzz! Sorry you're not feeling great, but definitely glad to see you back on here - I was wondering how you'd been getting on working from home. 

This week does feel particularly tough. We're having a fake Glastonbury that isn't completely virtual, as two of my crew live close by and we'll be spending it together (as I live by myself, they are my extended bubble) with a few zoom cameos. I've been quite excited about it, buying cider bus cider and extra glitter, but now seeing the weather and knowing that it's going to be beautiful in Glastonbury (and in most of the country) and absolutely shitting it down in Glasgow for the whole three days is making me particularly glum. Or maybe I'm just hungover, who knows. 

Even if you can't get super enthusiastic and recreate a glasto in your living room, I hope you can at least spend time with some friends next weekend, maybe sharing Glasto memories over a beer in a sunny park (or virtually). And at least those tickets rolled over 🙂

Big virtual hugs. 

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not been on here for a while, thought I'd pop in to say hello to the regulars. 2020 has been depressing in a number of ways. I havent really felt like myself all year & that was before COVID-19 & the lockdown.

The next 8 days or so are going to be pretty difficult. I had accepted Glastonbury being cancelled & the fact it was done so quickly made it easier - but I am not looking forward to this coming week.

Im not big into the virtual festivals etc. I cant muster the entusiasm tbh. So I am not sure what, (if anything) Ill be doing regarding the festival.

You'd have hated it anyway, it would have been a scorcher.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sounds like you've been having an absolute s***ter of a year so far, with a double whammy of struggling anyways and then being hit by the whole covid situation on top of that- no wonder you're dreading this week, it's like a reminder of how far you are from where you want to be (both literally and emotionally) 😩

Life just absolutely kicks your backside sometimes, and it's doubley difficult when you don't feel like yourself either, it's like being in limbo. 

It is nice to see you check in and let us know a bit of what's going on for you (it's not easy to do when you're struggling), I was thinking we hadn't seen you for a while. No need to think or stay positive, sometimes it helps just sharing what a stinker you're having, so do feel free to do that if you want to. You take care Fuzzy! 

• Upvote 2

Nice to see you back. I'll watch the tv and try and recreate some meals but yes it's not the same when I am crazy busy with work all the time. I know some people are putting tents up etc but don't think I'll be doing that. Try and enjoy the happy memories and focus on the count down to next year. Hope things are better for you soon. 

• Upvote 1

Hello @FuzzyDunlop, I've been absent for most of the last three months myself. I took the decision to become a virtual hermit almost immediately to protect my peace, I couldn't handle any more conjuncture and negativity. The way I've described it is feeling like an old PC. My processor is working so hard in dealing with the issues and uncertainty caused by the pandemic, I'm not able to fully process a lot of the basic (but really important) daily functions. I definitely haven't had the bandwidth to deal with even the slightest bit of negative discussion but I appreciate for lots of others, keeping in touch regardless of the subject matter is really important. We've all got to do what's right for ourselves, I guess. I never realised just how sensitive I was to the plight of the outside world until all this happened. I even missed a dedicated Simpsons thread so you know it must have been a serious situation!

I hope you're starting to feel like your old self again, Fuzz. I'm with you on the virtual festival and online gig thing. At first, watching live DJ sets from someone's house was a novelty but it soon wore off. It's just reaffirmed that there really is no substitute for being there. I doubt that I'll watch much of this week's BBC coverage either tbh, it's just too heartbreaking to think about what could have been. Hopefully soon we can all return to discuss Foals' suitability for headlining, if anyone's Mum still doesn't know who Stormzy is, finding a Simpsons GIF suitable for every occasion and talk of viruses will be consigned to a page on the Thingy.

I hope everyone else is managing to find their own positive way through it and that you're all safe and well. No doubt I'll be back soon properly once I've upgraded my processor. Take care everyone! 

Yeah, I'm afraid a virtual festival isn't a festival for me. Spend all day staring at a computer screen - want to get away from that.

Going to look at that V&A thing though, and some of the BBC archive coverage I expect, along with a few of the 'movies' made over the years.

"For people who want to imagine they are really there this year, the V&A is making available a soundscape recorded during the 2015 festival by sound designer Gareth Fry. It gives you things which don’t happen on stage or you see on television, so the unzipping of tents, for example, or overhearing of conversations."

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2020 at 11:40 AM, jparx said:

Welcome back Fuzz! I do feel similar re: virtual festival stuff to be honest. I'm undecided if I'll watch any of the coverage at this point. I've still got the time off so I'll certainly be in the garden with some cider but diving too deep to all the Glastonbury coverage night be a bit too painful. We'll see!

This is just how I feel - in April I thought I would get the tent out in the garden with my decanted bourbon and coke this weekend but not feeling it at the moment - just get a wave of sadness when it’s mentioned on R6/BBC tv. Watching the annual ritual of the weather report on Countryfile didn’t help! I would be there now in my campervan with my (now adult) festival buddy kids stopping over in a campsite to get in early for the campervan queue tomorrow. Today would have been a lovely mooch round Glastonbury town with a walk up the Tor which has been our tradition since 2010. We have had such lovely family times over the years and I will miss it so much.

Going to look on the bright side though, we are all healthy so far and I’m going to frame it as a fallow year with the added bonus of having tickets for next year!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

This is just how I feel - in April I thought I would get the tent out in the garden with my decanted bourbon and coke this weekend but not feeling it at the moment - just get a wave of sadness when it’s mentioned on R6/BBC tv. Watching the annual ritual of the weather report on Countryfile didn’t help! I would be there now in my campervan with my (now adult) festival buddy kids stopping over in a campsite to get in early for the campervan queue tomorrow. Today would have been a lovely mooch round Glastonbury town with a walk up the Tor which has been our tradition since 2010. We have had such lovely family times over the years and I will miss it so much.

Going to look on the bright side though, we are all healthy so far and I’m going to frame it as a fallow year with the added bonus of having tickets for next year!

That's the way to go 🙂

I'm quite excited to get this weekend over with. This time next week Glastonbury will be officially under a year away - that seems like a big hump to get over and we can be full steam ahead on the hype for 2021!

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good to see some regulars returning to the fold ... it’s nearly time to say it’s just 1 bloody year untill we party in those fields we love once more ... some of us with upgrades ready to do it with new friends made in tough times ... 

1 year truly means the countdown can restart! 

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah, I'm afraid a virtual festival isn't a festival for me. Spend all day staring at a computer screen - want to get away from that.

Going to look at that V&A thing though, and some of the BBC archive coverage I expect, along with a few of the 'movies' made over the years.

"For people who want to imagine they are really there this year, the V&A is making available a soundscape recorded during the 2015 festival by sound designer Gareth Fry. It gives you things which don’t happen on stage or you see on television, so the unzipping of tents, for example, or overhearing of conversations."

These are brilliant!  I've shared them on another thread - they deserve to be more widely known about!

1 hour ago, jparx said:

That's the way to go 🙂

I'm quite excited to get this weekend over with. This time next week Glastonbury will be officially under a year away - that seems like a big hump to get over and we can be full steam ahead on the hype for 2021!

Agree completely. This week will be a rough one no doubt, but I hope that once we get it out of the way, we can finally look forward with optimism to the countdown to 2021.

I have never been, but am really feeling it this week - constantly wondering what might have been.  Just need to get it out of the way.

I haven't been on here that long and this was to have been my first Glasto, so I was really looking forward to the build up on here and for obvious reasons that has been trashed this year.  I had really been enjoying this site and it has been really sad to see all the excitement gradually disappear and also some of the regulars disappear, so it is fantastic to see people starting to reappear like @FuzzyDunlop , @Supernintendo Chalmers and @Charm.  Sorry if I have left anyone out, but even though I don't know you, you all help to make this place what it is, so it is really great to have you back.

Keep positive and lets all look forward to 2021 once we get this week out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2