Melbourne mini-meet - Saturday 27th June

sirjonnyp

Hi all, @kalifire and I are going to go for a drink next weekend as a consolation for not being able to have one on the farm. Anyone is welcome to join (as long as we keep our number below 10), with chat presumably focusing on the glorious times that the festival has given us, how Taylor would have smashed it and just why Australians can't make beer.

As of tomorrow we no longer need to order food in order to have a pint in the pub, so that gives us more freedom in terms of where we can go. Despite being here for over half a year, I've barely been in to the CBD to drink (other than the English pub near Parliament station), so very open to suggestions on where to go. 

What time do we think? Early arvo, early evening?

• Like 1

If it was open I would suggest my friend’s bar Heartbreaker in CBD but unfortunately they are still closed I think. It’s been a bit of a nightmare for them as they have 3 bars / restaurants ( The Everleigh ( just re-opened last week) Heartbreaker bar and Bar Margaux- re-opening from 25th). 
Hope you have a good meet up wherever you end up! 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:15 AM, kalifire said:

Paging @nusha & @BlackZeppelin

Edit: this should read Saturday 27th June! ;)

Just read this, great idea SirJonny and Kalfire.

Let me know if you're going ahead.

As SirJonny says, it might be ambitious at the moment with a second wave mounting.

I'm certainly feeling the pain.

Our group would be in Bath today, getting ready for the coach to the Festival. 

It better happen in 2021

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

We both did, haha! Ended up only being two of us but lovely to get to know @sirjonnyp. Drinks were consumed and memories shared. A great eFests Southern Hemisphere meet 🙂

I'm so pleased you did! Did you take a photo? 

Hope you're doing ok, been thinking of you! 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:18 AM, Gregfc15 said:

Haven’t been to Melbourne in ages, but The Charles Dickens Tavern will provide you with a bunch of English beers on tap.

Why would you want to drink the shit English beers they export when you have the far superior Aussie stuff? Even shit Aussie beer is better than Carling.

• Upvote 1

The only picture I got was of a pint of beer to send to my brother, didn't even think to get one of the two of us. But yeah, it was a really nice arvo and once we've ridden out this second wave that's spiking here, we'll be doing it again I'm sure.