Wireless 2021

stanh

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Parklife tomorrow has a good chance of selling out tomorrow.

Most definitely.

Wireless if they wanted to be competitive have shot themselves in the foot this afternoon.

Imagine the sales they would've gotten with a line up before Parklife? 

what usually happens is they have the previous years ticket prices and keep those on sale until the week of the lineup, take tickets off sale, announce the lineup, then release the final tickets but more expensive, i think they are just skipping that first step this year because they know people will pay it... even all points east has managed to sell out with £90 tickets. 

luckily i have family near that area in london so if i did find a friday ticket once the lineup is out im glad im covered in that sense. but yeah, pretty mad how most people werent even informed about tickets dropping today and will probably miss out on them; or a decently priced room. 

not based on masses, hearing rumours rolling loud portugal could be changing dates (but i dont wanna believe it based on that) but if true, they may have actually secured travis. i do think though parklife will share a decent amount of names with them this year, especially in terms of foreign acts to make it more worthwhile travelling over. fingers crossed the lineup for both festivals is good!

Has the other Live Nation event been announced for Crystal Palace yet? Supposed to be two events over two weekends. Could be Community or a double Wireless weekend if it sells well.  

Edited by JBarbour

Saturday day tickets look to have sold out.

Also found this - 45k attendance. Around 5k less then Finsbury Park.

"The festival promoter and producer has put forward plans for two 45,000-capacity events on consecutive weekends in July next year, planning to take over the upper terraces of the park. It’s also submitted a case for further events in 2022 and 2023. Not much more is known about the festivals, at present, although they would likely involve major live music acts (remember them?). "

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/crystal-palace-park-could-be-getting-a-45-000-person-festival-from-the-organisers-of-reading-and-leeds-091120

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Most definitely.

Wireless if they wanted to be competitive have shot themselves in the foot this afternoon.

Imagine the sales they would've gotten with a line up before Parklife? 

tbf both usually sell out, and parklife is very nearly sold out on the initial presales too... i doubt wireless will struggle to shift their tickets at all either. 

also, saw this on twitter and its sent me (credit to robson_the_red)...

cant wait to see travis scott jump off a dinosaur 

AAA83226-095B-4F26-B4FD-DD8AA358376E.jpeg

Edited by stanh

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Also found this - 45k attendance. Around 5k less then Finsbury Park.

That capacity also includes staff, artists, crew, and press so it could be considerably less depending how they presented the Finsbury capacity. 

Although they have two events, over two weekends scheduled at Crystal Palace. What other events have LN got to announce in London? Community maybe, unless Wireless is over two weekends. 

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely this will all be sold out before then? 

Can't see it at the moment.

So many like myself don't get paid till Friday (I was lucky my mate helped paying)

20 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

That capacity also includes staff, artists, crew, and press so it could be considerably less depending how they presented the Finsbury capacity. 

Although they have two events, over two weekends scheduled at Crystal Palace. What other events have LN got to announce in London? Community maybe, unless Wireless is over two weekends. 

Could it be a slim lined BST?

22 minutes ago, stanh said:

tbf both usually sell out, and parklife is very nearly sold out on the initial presales too... i doubt wireless will struggle to shift their tickets at all either. 

also, saw this on twitter and its sent me (credit to robson_the_red)...

cant wait to see travis scott jump off a dinosaur 

AAA83226-095B-4F26-B4FD-DD8AA358376E.jpeg

Do anything for Travis 😂😂😂

Also last information regarding Wireless Entry

"Vaccination 

The government are not mandating vaccination so it won’t be mandatory at Wireless Festival, but we will be testing to ensure those without vaccination are Covid clear before they enter the festival"

7 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

So it begins, but no talk of adding more Saturday tickets? 

Strange system

seems there will be more... ‘first release’ definitely makes it seem there will be more to come but at a higher price. tbh i can see the first batches of tickets selling out today - wireless usually sell out super fast, and demand is bigger than ever 

3 minutes ago, stanh said:

seems there will be more... ‘first release’ definitely makes it seem there will be more to come but at a higher price. tbh i can see the first batches of tickets selling out today - wireless usually sell out super fast, and demand is bigger than ever 

But usual the second batch would go on sale straight away?

11 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

But usual the second batch would go on sale straight away?

nah in previous years theyd have a first and second batch (one with pricing from the previous year)... ive tried to kinda explain ir below, but yeah, i assume there will be more to come once the lineup is released but at a more expensive price, and harder to get because i think some people will be holding out for the lineup still

first batch (£80) - on sale til those sell out or taken off-sale a couple days before the lineup

lineup announcement 

second batch (£90)

Before today J Hus had not posted anything on twitter since May last year. Might just be coincidence but he likes to get things off his chest before an album launch, could tie in with a headline set this year? Friday? 

Headliner predictions? 

A dave/jhus co-headline would be great but can’t particularly see it happening, really hoping for dave tho. Drake liking the post (like 2 minutes after it went up as well) is suspicious to me but don’t want to get hopes up since he is such a massive artist. Not got much hope for Travis but obviously would be great. If asap rocky is on there I will scream (in frustration, because wtf) Have no lineups been leaked yet?! normally they are 

27 minutes ago, sofiafreija said:

Headliner predictions? 

A dave/jhus co-headline would be great but can’t particularly see it happening, really hoping for dave tho. Drake liking the post (like 2 minutes after it went up as well) is suspicious to me but don’t want to get hopes up since he is such a massive artist. Not got much hope for Travis but obviously would be great. If asap rocky is on there I will scream (in frustration, because wtf) Have no lineups been leaked yet?! normally they are 

Dave / JHus / Skepta

Drake/Travis Scott

The Weeknd / ASAP / Meek Mill

Those are headliners that are a possibility for each day imo. And I mean 1 from each

Edited by TGCarr