stanh

Wireless 2021

Wireless have recently posted out a new survey similar to the other Festival Republic festivals asking about acts we'd like to see at the 2021 edition of Wireless...

Can't say I am impressed with the list of headliners they gave...

-Dave

-J Hus

-Tyler, The Creator

-Meek Mill 

-Migos

-A$AP Rocky

-J. Cole

-Nicki Minaj

-Future

-Skepta

If only they booked Drake or Travis Scott every year... Anyways, what have you guys opted for in the survey and who do you think we will see on next years lineup? 

I think humungous acts like Drake and Travis have probably outgrown festivals like Wireless and can do much better off doing their own shows so the list of acts above is what will more or less be on rotation from now on - still big, but not nearly to the level of those other two, and it'll still sell out so this isn't a problem for Wireless.

Find it awful it asks who you'd like to headline.

And then have a list that bad the slide after.

It's the constant same with them.

Give Jay Z a headline slot, Kano, Dave get Kendrick.

Get some old legends. How many would love T Pain, Missy Elliot, Busta Rhymes or even 50 Cent? Get a special N Dubz, Roll Deep performance.

They really need to branch out this recycled same line up every year. Course young lot are still going to go and it'll always sell out

Edited by TGCarr

With the way Wireless is going I really wouldn't be surprised if we see AJ Tracey and D-Block Europe headline soon, just praying for more American rappers.

Also, I think Chloe X Halle would be a pretty cool get if they managed to book them before, the new album is insane!

been bored this evening, so thought id do my first shot at a fake 'phase 1' lineup for next year, i know i am being pretty hopeful having kendrick headlining! thoughts? 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 23.33.43.png

I think Wireless will start going down the route of getting “legendary” hip hop stars to headline the festival to buck the cycle of the same few acts. Missy Elliott, Public Enemy, TLC etc.

17 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

I think Wireless will start going down the route of getting “legendary” hip hop stars to headline the festival to buck the cycle of the same few acts. Missy Elliott, Public Enemy, TLC etc.

I think they'll go down the complete opposite route and just have your usual ASAP Rocky, Nicki Minaj, J Cole, Skepta, Dave etc over and over with a dance act thrown in there every once in a while like it's been doing for the past few years. It's what seems to sell best without the need to really break the bank on acts like Drake and Kendrick or Travis* anymore. Think introducing a 'legend' day or whatever would just cause a stall in ticket sales.

* Maybe they'll still get some of these bigger acts every now and then, but think it'll be the exception rather than the rule

Edited by FloorFiller

Wireless can sell very well when they put a U.K. artist up at the top. They don’t need to run after American acts who ask for millions and millions.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Wireless can sell very well when they put a U.K. artist up at the top. They don’t need to run after American acts who ask for millions and millions.

They do well with a balance. I think all UK headliners would be less well-received than all US/CA headliners. It will probably continue to be one UK two US/CA.

I think 2021 will probably be same headliners as 2020 or with Future in for Meek.

Kendrick isn't going to play to 40k in Finsbury Park when he can play to 90k in Hyde Park